Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone point me in the right direction here....

I'm looking to print out my SYWR card from the website, since I never received one in the mail.

I don't really want to request one in the mail since that will give me a new account, etc.

I thought I read in this thread that there was a place on the website that would allow you to print your card from...

[quote name='MikeE021286']Can anyone point me in the right direction here....

I'm looking to print out my SYWR card from the website, since I never received one in the mail.

I don't really want to request one in the mail since that will give me a new account, etc.

I thought I read in this thread that there was a place on the website that would allow you to print your card from...[/QUOTE]

When I signed up online back in November, it gave me a popup window when I was done with a temporary card I could print. I wasn't able to because I was at work and found out that there is absolutely no way to go back and print any sort of card off the site. I've still never received it in the mail either, but my account works like a charm by giving them my phone number and pin number, which can be easily changed online if you don't know what it is.

My points for both TDU2 and Mario Sports Mix posted instantly. I bought Mario Sports Mix on Tuesday and the points didn't post, but it's because I'm a jack@ss and didn't follow the OP. When I returned/rebought on Wednesday my account was credited the points instantly. I didn't have any problems with TDU2.

[quote name='chriscolbert']When I signed up online back in November, it gave me a popup window when I was done with a temporary card I could print. I wasn't able to because I was at work and found out that there is absolutely no way to go back and print any sort of card off the site. I've still never received it in the mail either, but my account works like a charm by giving them my phone number and pin number, which can be easily changed online if you don't know what it is.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...ok, thanks for that info. This is the kinda stuff that annoys the hell out of me.

I guess I'll continue to use a scrap piece of paper in my wallet as my SWYR "card". However inelegant that is...

IT took my 4 months to receive my real card. However they generally just pull up the info with your phone number. You dont have to present them with anything.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Hmm...ok, thanks for that info. This is the kinda stuff that annoys the hell out of me.

I guess I'll continue to use a scrap piece of paper in my wallet as my SWYR "card". However inelegant that is...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NegativeZero']Well now you gone and done it Josh, I'll be heading to Kmart for MVC3 CE, The point should work out fine but I'm anticipating problems with the posters, is there any way to confirm how many each store may be getting? If there are problems with the posters, how can that be addressed?

Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]
We've got 6k of the photo's going to the stores; every store will receive them. Per store though will vary by volume. Hope this helps!

With the SYWR points, what happens if an item is returned, like one that gets the bonus points? I was just wondering, the Limit 2 per Deal is there to prevent abuse. But if you return the two games and get to keep the points, that doesn't really stop the hardcore scammers. There is quite a bit of money in bonus points this month if you double every deal by two and add them up. Is there something in place to prevent this? I'm not asking so I can do it, I am wondering if it's been thought of and if Josh can get something in place to prevent it.

If you lose the bonus points when you return a game though, that solves everything. Hopefully that is the case.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We've got 6k of the photo's going to the stores; every store will receive them. Per store though will vary by volume. Hope this helps![/QUOTE]
Awesome. I'm not walking out of the store without my two.

"Oh, we didn't get any in."
Me="orly?"

[quote name='EYEL1NER']With the SYWR points, what happens if an item is returned, like one that gets the bonus points? I was just wondering, the Limit 2 per Deal is there to prevent abuse. But if you return the two games and get to keep the points, that doesn't really stop the hardcore scammers. There is quite a bit of money in bonus points this month if you double every deal by two and add them up. Is there something in place to prevent this? I'm not asking so I can do it, I am wondering if it's been thought of and if Josh can get something in place to prevent it.

If you lose the bonus points when you return a game though, that solves everything. Hopefully that is the case.

Awesome. I'm not walking out of the store without my two.

"Oh, we didn't get any in."
Me="orly?"[/QUOTE]
The points would be forfeited actually, at least that is how I understand it.

The photo offer will be featured in the circular as well to help out.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The points would be forfeited actually, at least that is how I understand it.

The photo offer will be featured in the circular as well to help out.[/QUOTE]
Well, it's good to see all of the bases are covered.
Maybe I wasn't giving you guys enough credit when I thought of it on the way to lunch, sorry!
Though it did seem like something that would have been addressed.

Can't wait till Tuesday. My supervisor approved my leave, so I'll be at Kmart when the doors open! Hoping they will have the shipment buy then though. Then again, it seems like the only time I've not gotten the game on release date is with Activision games.

MvC3 CE - So what's going on with this CE? Josh and I have received a flood of emails about where they'll be this week...just curious what the big draw is since we haven't received this type of demand for any other CE.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']MvC3 CE - So what's going on with this CE? Josh and I have received a flood of emails about where they'll be this week...just curious what the big draw is since we haven't received this type of demand for any other CE.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fighting fan so I'm not getting the CE, but looking at it from a game/comic fan it even looks interesting to me :bouncy:

An exclusive comic, 2 extra characters, one month to Marvel Online, a pretty sweet case, and it's cheaper than most CE's... I can see the attraction :D
*EDIT* -- In other words it's a CE with stuff in it that people will actually use.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']MvC3 CE - So what's going on with this CE? Josh and I have received a flood of emails about where they'll be this week...just curious what the big draw is since we haven't received this type of demand for any other CE.[/QUOTE]

It comes with a dlc code for 2 extra characters when they are released in about a month. There has been no clear price announcement but it is assumed that these character pairs will cost 800 MS/$10.

Since the CE is only $10 more than the standard, it is as if you are buying the dlc normally and getting all the rest of the CE stuff (artbook, comic, steelbook) for free!

Yeah I think the fact that it's only $10 more is HUGE. I really wish I had paid attention to it sooner to try to get another sent my way even though I do have a small chance of scoring one at my store.

I would pay an extra $10 for a Steelbook for any game I intend to keep for a very long time.

[quote name='BrolyB593']It comes with a dlc code for 2 extra characters when they are released in about a month. There has been no clear price announcement but it is assumed that these character pairs will cost 800 MS/$10.

Since the CE is only $10 more than the standard, it is as if you are buying the dlc normally and getting all the rest of the CE stuff (artbook, comic, steelbook) for free![/QUOTE]

Sweet, that is pretty good for only $10 more.

[quote name='chriscolbert']When I signed up online back in November, it gave me a popup window when I was done with a temporary card I could print. I wasn't able to because I was at work and found out that there is absolutely no way to go back and print any sort of card off the site. I've still never received it in the mail either, but my account works like a charm by giving them my phone number and pin number, which can be easily changed online if you don't know what it is.[/QUOTE]

I'll say it again since it has yet to catch on...there is an APP called CARDSTAR that works on iphone, android, windows phone, and blackberry where you just enter your SYWR number and it generates a scannable card for the cashier to easily scan and then your DONE! Cardstar offers digital copies of those rewards cards from like 200 merchants. You never need to worry or not about some temporary card.

My friend makes me facepalm so much.

Me: You gonna get MvC3 at K-Mart? It comes with a $25 coupon.
Him: Why would I want a coupon for K-Mart?

And I just know he's going to end up paying full price at Wal-mart/GS for it. :roll:

D: unfortunely i missed the deadline for sending an email to reserve a CE for mvc3 and none in my area getting it .... disappointed but guess the extra $25 is still worth it lol, also thanks for the list stockboy

I don't know. I'm assuming it's casual thread browsers who wanted the game but didn't pay any attention when you were still taking requests. I mean, no one pays any attention to the rest of the OP.

[quote name='mkelehan']Can I confirm real quick: the Dragon Quest 6 deal starts on 2/16, and NOT on its release date, 2/14?[/QUOTE]
Confirmed: Nintendo is shipping the game on 2/14 to arrive in our stores by the 16th

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']My friend makes me facepalm so much.

Me: You gonna get MvC3 at K-Mart? It comes with $25 in Shop Your Way Reward points.
Him: Why would I want Shop Your Way Reward points?

And I just know he's going to end up paying full price at Wal-mart/GS for it. :roll:[/QUOTE]
fixed

I realize there are plenty of legitimate fans of MvC3 but the real reason there's so much interest is because it currently has resale value. It can easily be bought and resold for a small profit by itself. Kmarts $25 SYWR deal puts it over the top. They're going to sell very well if Amazon doesn't get them back in stock.

So basically people can buy it at Kmart and walk away with $35+ for very little work in the end.

[quote name='IronClaw']I'll say it again since it has yet to catch on...there is an APP called CARDSTAR that works on iphone, android, windows phone, and blackberry where you just enter your SYWR number and it generates a scannable card for the cashier to easily scan and then your DONE! Cardstar offers digital copies of those rewards cards from like 200 merchants. You never need to worry or not about some temporary card.[/QUOTE]

I could see a poorly educated kmart employee kicking you out of the store for fraud for doing this.

lol

I was interested in the MvC3 CE just cause i know I'll buy the two DLC characters anyways.

To be honest, I wasn't planning on buying MvC3 until recently. Now Ima in a pickle regarding finding a Special Edition.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Josh, will Bulletstorm @ K-Mart be the Epic Edition? Does anyone know? I want that Gears 3 beta.[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Confirmed: Nintendo is shipping the game on 2/14 to arrive in our stores by the 16th[/QUOTE]

Thanks; I'll be there Wednesday, then.

Josh,
I thought i remember reading about Kmart having the Retro Maps DLC for Killzone 3.
I searched and cannot find it.
Will Kmart have this DLC code with the Standard game?

Josh/Stockboy, will kmart sell the wii version of trackmania? I think it's called Trackmania: Build To Race and sells for $29.99 sometime this month...
Thanks!

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I don't know. I'm assuming it's casual thread browsers who wanted the game but didn't pay any attention when you were still taking requests. I mean, no one pays any attention to the rest of the OP.[/QUOTE]

Yea at least in my case this is spot on. I would call myself more than a casual browser, but as fast as this thread moves some days it can be hard to keep up. I would of loved to make sure a CE went to one of my stores, but unfortunately all I was able to do was email stock boy a few weeks ago and find out that no stores in the Portland area are getting CE's :whistle2:(

The $25 in points is just too hard to pass up though, so I will be picking up my copy at Kmart, albeit with a sad face on.

should I open the flood gates...?
So I was looking at the prizes for the subway contest, and they claim that I can win a collector's edition of Infamous 2.

Subway contest also claims to be giving away DLC mission packs and DLC abilities for infamous 2.
I already emailed stock boy, but I just found some actual info.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/02/10/infamous-2-hero-edition-detailed/
"If you recall Subway mentioned a Collectors Edition, now Amazon has mistakenly detailed a questionable new “Hero” edition.
With the new trend of popular games getting special editions, Infamous 2 is no different. With the price tag of $99.99 its hard to think the Hero edition will be worth it. Shockingly you would be way off. According to Amazon the following features will appear in this edition.
inFAMOUS 2 is the second chapter in the best selling franchise for the PS3. This immersive open world adventure offers a powerful, emotional, and visceral take on being a super hero. Blamed for the destruction of Empire City, Cole must make a dramatic journey to discover his full super-powered potential. inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition includes exclusive limited edition 8.5″ Cole MacGrath statue, Replica Cole MacGrath sling pack, Super voucher that gives access to in game content – including the Lightning Hook Power, Electrocution Grenade Power, Kessler Skin, and 24K Gold Amp weapon variant, Mini inFAMOUS #1 comic from DC Comics, and the Official inFAMOUS 2 soundtrack.
Quite the tempting offer. With Infamous 2 currently set for May 24th release, who knows what other goodies might find their way into the mix."

Josh, make something amazing happen for this pricey edition! please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kmart ad has no metion of the SYWR points, I know we still get them but you think kmart wouldve pushed this in the ad itself and not the 8X10 so called Poster that comes with MvsC3

hey josh i'm surpirse you guys passed up on the gear of wars triple packing coming out on the 15th:

The Gears of War Triple Pack is a bundle including the following:
Gears of War (complete game)
Gears of War 2 (complete game)
Gears of War 2 All Fronts Pack DLC Code
Additional Campaign Chapter
19 Additional Multiplayer Maps .

i know its a bit old but with the new GOW coming out be a nice touch for those who never played them.

[quote name='Megatim81']
inFamous 2 Special Edition stuff snipped for length:
should I open the flood gates...?
So I was looking at the prizes for the subway contest, and they claim that I can win a collector's edition of Infamous 2.

Subway contest also claims to be giving away DLC mission packs and DLC abilities for infamous 2.
I already emailed stock boy, but I just found some actual info.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/02/10/infamous-2-hero-edition-detailed/
"If you recall Subway mentioned a Collectors Edition, now Amazon has mistakenly detailed a questionable new “Hero” edition.
With the new trend of popular games getting special editions, Infamous 2 is no different. With the price tag of $99.99 its hard to think the Hero edition will be worth it. Shockingly you would be way off. According to Amazon the following features will appear in this edition.
inFAMOUS 2 is the second chapter in the best selling franchise for the PS3. This immersive open world adventure offers a powerful, emotional, and visceral take on being a super hero. Blamed for the destruction of Empire City, Cole must make a dramatic journey to discover his full super-powered potential. inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition includes exclusive limited edition 8.5″ Cole MacGrath statue, Replica Cole MacGrath sling pack, Super voucher that gives access to in game content – including the Lightning Hook Power, Electrocution Grenade Power, Kessler Skin, and 24K Gold Amp weapon variant, Mini inFAMOUS #1 comic from DC Comics, and the Official inFAMOUS 2 soundtrack.
Quite the tempting offer. With Infamous 2 currently set for May 24th release, who knows what other goodies might find their way into the mix."

Josh, make something amazing happen for this pricey edition! please!
[/QUOTE]
I'll second that. That CE looks awesome. As in, "I must have this and will give an appendage" awesome. The statue or backpack alone would have had me, but both, and other things?

Madness.

Infamous was my first platinum. You never forget your first.
I just started thinking, if there is a hero edition, does that mean there could be a villian edition? Mind. Blown.

Can we get an SHC to confirm/deny?
And Josh, i want actual electric powers when i buy this. See what you can do:)

hi guys,

Quick question... Just so I understand; moving forward is it limit two copies of a promotional game per offer per available system as it applies to the SYWR/Future Coupouns (i.e. 2 xbox 360 AND 2 PS3 = 4 total) or is it two TOTAL (i.e. 1 PS3 AND 1 Xbox 360 = 2 total OR 2 PS3 = two total OR 2 Xbox 360 = 2 total etc.)

I'm planning on picking up 2 Copies of MvC3 next week on PS3 for myself and my brother who wants it (but can not afford it) would like a 360 copy but I'm not sure if I can buy it for him and try to collect the points or if I should just give him the money so he can collect the points on a card he'll have to apply for.

Thanks

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Proposing list internally this week[/QUOTE]

Josh,

Has the clearance list been released yet? Anywhere we can find this?

[quote name='GBAstar']hi guys,

Quick question... Just so I understand; moving forward is it limit two copies of a promotional game per offer per available system as it applies to the SYWR/Future Coupouns (i.e. 2 xbox 360 AND 2 PS3 = 4 total) or is it two TOTAL (i.e. 1 PS3 AND 1 Xbox 360 = 2 total OR 2 PS3 = two total OR 2 Xbox 360 = 2 total etc.)

I'm planning on picking up 2 Copies of MvC3 next week on PS3 for myself and my brother who wants it (but can not afford it) would like a 360 copy but I'm not sure if I can buy it for him and try to collect the points or if I should just give him the money so he can collect the points on a card he'll have to apply for.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
IIRC, I believe it's 2 per platform, but don't quote me on that. It's just in place to stop the worst of abuses, so I don't think the situation you describe would be a problem. I'm sure Josh has posted about this though, so if you get a chance, read back through what he's said and see if you can confirm that. Hope that helps.

[quote name='lumpy']Josh,

Has the clearance list been released yet? Anywhere we can find this?[/QUOTE]
Josh has not posted the list, but he has already said multiple times that when he gets a finalized list of the clearance games and their prices, he will post it.

thanx Josh for the $20 giftcard for the DeadSpace2 thing.
i played inFamous2 @ CES. if u liked the 1st. u will love the 2nd.
Cant wait for MvC3. im still contemplating if im getting for ps3 or 360. with this deal probably both.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']IIRC, I believe it's 2 per platform, but don't quote me on that. It's just in place to stop the worst of abuses, so I don't think the situation you describe would be a problem. I'm sure Josh has posted about this though, so if you get a chance, read back through what he's said and see if you can confirm that. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks. I remember someone touching on this subject but I don't think Josh ever officially replied. I understand the limit(s) and am in agreement with them as they help prevent abuse. When I have some free time tonight I'll reread some of the thread.

thanks

[quote name='pythoncancer']No deals for "
You Don't Know Jack" ???? it just released this week on all platforms
[/QUOTE]

Correct, there was no deal for it, probably 'cause it's a niche title.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Correct, there was no deal for it, probably 'cause it's a niche title.[/QUOTE]
This...but does Kmart carry it? It got somewhat surprisingly good reviews and now I want it. Will buy from Kmart if it's carried.

Edit...but I dont think thats the case since it's not on the website :(. Would have been cool to get it very cheap with one of the deals coming up.

[quote name='lumpy']Josh,

Has the clearance list been released yet? Anywhere we can find this?[/QUOTE]

it will probably be on post #3 when it is released

[quote name='mebegod']it will probably be on post #3 when it is released[/QUOTE]
Yep! I received approval on all of our submissions. The pricing will definitely be broader than sharper but it will affect many, many titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back