Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home from Astor Place. Got there 20 minutes before open and saw someone (fellow CAG)waiting already, but luckily he was looking to get the PS3 copy and I was there for the 360 one.

We paced up as soon as the store opened and while waiting for the cashier to set up, another customer came up behind us. Cashier went to the back and grabbed both LEs with 2 posters and rang us up.

As I was walking away, I heard the cashier tell the 3rd customer that there were no more copies of the limited. :whistle2:(

Kmart is not stocking the LE for either system. Just called 2 store here in MI. Gonna hit up ToysRUs at 10. Really wanted that poster (even though it's just 8x10) the $25 gift-card was just the bonus.

Got a PS3 CE at the Beavercreek store in Ohio. I got the poster and my points rang up correctly as well. That store has its act together.

Just got back from my store. Third person in, while I was waiting on the electronics woman I ended up selling a woman a TV, so I feel good about that :) I tried to not let my Plasma bias show through and she got a 40-something inch Bravia for $449 or something like that. Felt good to help her out.
Anyway, she found my games in the cage and there were no problems. Bought my buddies copy, got my points, used my Heroes and Home Gift Card/Points to get my copy for free, then got my points from that on. Feels good, man.

The only hiccup was that like I thought, no posters could be found. They annotated it on both of the receipts, that I am owed a poster. I know they didn't sell out of them, since I was the first purchase, so I'll play the waiting game and see if anyone finds them by the afternoon (not holding my breath).
Thanks Josh and Andrew.
And best of luck to the people who requested CEs. I know people have set their sights on your stores for the only CEs, so hopefully you get their before them. My store still has three left.

Now it's time for Mahvel, baby!

fuck!!!! my k-mart "couldn't find" the CE's i was there literally 5 minutes after they opened and it seems someone tryed to get it before i got there but also ran into the same problem as me. the lady said maybe they didn't get it in but what do you know regular edition, posters, and eve the Xbox CE's was sitting nicely pilled ready to be sold. this smells like a damn employee stashed it away for someone. ugh

Double post, but:
For the people who got the posters, what were they in? I mean, if you got there at opening, were they shipped in a box or some kind of bubble mailer or what? Need to tell them what they should be looking for next time I go in, maybe later today.

Also, clearance hadn't been processed at my store yet. I want that Oblivion GOTY!!!

[quote name='Dynamic3']I was the first one at the Penn Station store and not only was the alleged one PS3 MvC 3 SE mia (they had a 360 copy though), they had no posters. So sad.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say it but you got DISSED! I got the one 360 SE copy and the poster, the lady behind the reg had a few of them and knew what was going on. plus there was another guy ahead of me buying the Reg Edition. and I nearly jumped over the counter to grab the only SE i could see. It's a great morning to be alive. Even the security guard lady manning the area knew what was going on. Great Job Kmart today!

[quote name='Dynamic3']I was the first one at the Penn Station store and not only was the alleged one PS3 MvC 3 SE mia (they had a 360 copy though), they had no posters. So sad.[/QUOTE]

HA i was literally like 30 seconds behind you man...

[quote name='NegativeZero']Sorry to say it but you got DISSED! I got the one 360 SE copy and the poster, the lady behind the reg had a few of them and knew what was going on. plus there was another guy ahead of me buying the Reg Edition. and I nearly jumped over the counter to grab the only SE i could see. It's a great morning to be alive. Even the security guard lady manning the area knew what was going on. Great Job Kmart today![/QUOTE]

lucky you, i was debating buying the CE's and just trading it for a ps3 but the leg work clouded my mind lol

I got the only copy of Xbox and PS3 CE at my store and u know whats the bonus thing? I received 100,000 points... And i wasnt sure how the points works so i asked the manager that rang me up and she said i pretty much have $100 store credit o_O. So if my math is corrected i just paid $150 for 2 copies and received $100 back from kmart. Fellow Cag'ers should look into it.

[quote name='aznboovie']I got the only copy of Xbox and PS3 CE at my store and u know whats the bonus thing? I received 100,000 points... And i wasnt sure how the points works so i asked the manager that rang me up and she said i pretty much have $100 store credit o_O. So if my math is corrected i just paid $150 for 2 copies and received $100 back from kmart. Fellow Cag'ers should look into it.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened here

I scored the only PS3 CE copy at a Kmart in Maryland. Surprisingly I was the only one there and only arrived a few minutes early before it opened. I had to ask a worker there to look for the game, which was in the backroom. Wait, was I suppose to ask for the poster? I don't really care about the poster so it's no worries though. I checked my SYWR and I have 25700 points instead of 25000? Oh well not that I'm complaining. Maybe I should have bought both CEs since some of you are telling me that you received 100,000 points somehow.

Went to the White Plains store to pick up a PS3 CE according to the spreadsheet. Was the first one there at 8 and the electronics rep had just pulled the box out and was about to open it. I asked for the CE, but searched the box, but none in it. Had all the regular versions and the posters, but no CE. Not sure if the spreadsheet is 100% accurate. Ended up picking up the regular version instead.

Got my copy in Bloomington indiana (near mall for any local CAGs).
Couldn't find the picture, but they are going to have the electronics lead call me.
I told them it was no big deal as long as I got the rewards points.

NO PROBLEMS WITH THE BONUS POINTS. I have only opted in to the sears, sears PR, and Kmart emails.

also, my base points were doubled, so ther 600 pts for MvC3 (reg) became 1200 pts, plus the 25000pts = 26,200 points! yay extra dollar. I don't know why the base points were doubled though.

i went to the other kmart and got a SE and CE, both for PS3...i got home and checked my points and i have a balance of 106499 = $106.50...this is my first time doing the kmart rewards, so can anyone tell me why i received so many points?

[quote name='aznboovie']I got the only copy of Xbox and PS3 CE at my store and u know whats the bonus thing? I received 100,000 points... And i wasnt sure how the points works so i asked the manager that rang me up and she said i pretty much have $100 store credit o_O. So if my math is corrected i just paid $150 for 2 copies and received $100 back from kmart. Fellow Cag'ers should look into it.[/QUOTE]

I bought a copy of each special edition and I also got the same thing!!!!

Bit the bullet and drove to the Kmart in Garden City,MI. Their computers showed they were not stocking the LE and neither were any of the store within 10 miles. Ran to Target and got the only 360 LE they got. The LE is already selling on Ebay & Amazon for $110+. So I guess a free action figure is okay by me. Gonna check ebay later for the Kmart poster and other giveaways.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Uh-oh...

This isn't going to end well.[/QUOTE]

between people like myself going there so early and getting nothing it sure sucks, even more now that the sd'ers hoarders are out buying them all and not too mention that some a-hole release a damn spreadsheet with all CE's location. yea i see someone ending up in the news lol.

p.s - seems the systems are also spitting out double cash back rewards so I'll go and buy one before the word gets out and it spreads like wild fire...

[quote name='1020chase']i went to the other kmart and got a SE and CE, both for PS3...i got home and checked my points and i have a balance of 106499 = $106.50...this is my first time doing the kmart rewards, so can anyone tell me why i received so many points?[/QUOTE]

That's good news for you guys.. bad news for Josh and his promotions. Hopefully he gets it straightened out before someone finds out why and exploits it.

I got a standard PS3 version and the 26200 pts along with the poster. I had to go to Target to get the CE because my kmart didn't have any.

The funny thing is I almost scored two copies of Killzone 3. Target had it out already and I knew it wasn't supposed to come out till 02/22. The lady didn't know any better and went to ring me up but kept getting a street date error in the computer. She almost tried to have someone over ride it until they told her the store could/would get fined and then she understood why the computers weren't letting her sell it. I hope she didn't get into trouble.

I called 3 stores in my area they were unboxing and wasn't sure what was in. I I rolled the dice and went to the greenbelt md store and lucked up and got a ps3 se. there only one. They also had 1 360 version 7 posters left and about 6 or 8 regular copies of each. On my receipt I had a balance postedpoints earned 25,000

Awesome deal

[quote name='Eyghon8']Bit the bullet and drove to the Kmart in Garden City,MI. Their computers showed they were not stocking the LE and neither were any of the store within 10 miles. Ran to Target and got the only 360 LE they got. The LE is already selling on Ebay & Amazon for $110+. So I guess a free action figure is okay by me. Gonna check ebay later for the Kmart poster and other giveaways.[/QUOTE]

I know this is OT but I had to get the LE at Target due to my Kmart not getting any stock. The cashier said I couldn't get an action figure bc it was just for the regular version. Is that true? I kind of wanted the novelty of the action figure...

thanks for the help

[quote name='bang4dabuc']Just got home from Astor Place. Got there 20 minutes before open and saw someone (fellow CAG)waiting already, but luckily he was looking to get the PS3 copy and I was there for the 360 one.

We paced up as soon as the store opened and while waiting for the cashier to set up, another customer came up behind us. Cashier went to the back and grabbed both LEs with 2 posters and rang us up.

As I was walking away, I heard the cashier tell the 3rd customer that there were no more copies of the limited. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Been waiting there since 7:15. Feet numb but worth it.

Yeah, the 3rd guy behind us must of been frustrated. Nice talking to you, enjoy your mvc3!

[quote name='medetron']between people like myself going there so early and getting nothing it sure sucks, even more now that the sd'ers hoarders are out buying them all and not too mention that some a-hole release a damn spreadsheet with all CE's location. yea i see someone ending up in the news lol.

p.s - seems the systems are also spitting out double cash back rewards so I'll go and buy one before the word gets out and it spreads like wild fire...[/QUOTE]

That "a-hole" was the guy responsible for all these sales in the first place. How dare he?! What kind of crazy business looks to sell product? We should all be forced to drive all over hell for no reason at all.

Walked in around 9:30 - they had the CE for the 360. I have no idea about quantities, the box was behind the counter, but I wasn't really worried. This store always seems to get more than enough CE/LE/SE for some reason. Got that and the poster and the 25,000 points (I'm signed up only for the KMart and Sears emails) - back in my car by 9:35. After a dry January, I'm back on the train!

edit: Hmm, was unaware of the "spreadsheet" - looks like my store got one copy each. If I had known that I would've probably gone earlier than I did. In this case the early bird stayed in bed and still got the worm anyway.

[quote name='Megatim81']Got my copy in Bloomington indiana (near mall for any local CAGs).[/QUOTE]

That Kmart makes me feel like I need a shower after I leave it, but I've found some good stuff there.

Sigh. Got off work at 7:30 am, drove across town to the only K-Mart in northwest LA...place was deserted, as expected since everyone buys games at gamestop here...they didn't have the game in the 360 section. Asked one of the workers if they had it, one of them went on a scavenger hunt for 20 minutes through the back rooms and came back and informed me the "new arrivals" weren't there yet, and would probably be delivered via UPS during the day. Uuuugh. Now I gotta get some sleep so I can go to work tonight, and hope they have it tomorrow morning. I'll be calling before hand.

My K-Mart got their copies of Dragon Quest VI in early, apparently, so I turned right around after buying Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and put those points to good use.

... But of course I didn't get the 15,000 points from Dragon Quest, because apparently that's not live until tomorrow. SIGH. Expect an email a little later, Josh.

Woke up at 6am to drive to the only store within four hours that had any ps3 CEs.

Was there right when the Hubbell Ave (Des Moines) store opened and picked up their only PS3 CE and the poster.

No SYWR points yet... will have to email . All in all though a good experience.. back on the train i guess.

[quote name='aznhero913']Did anyone pick up 2 copies of the standard edition and get 100K points as well?[/QUOTE]
...christ hopefully Josh sees this crap soon it's going to be all over SD if it isnt already.

[quote name='GBAstar']That's good news for you guys.. bad news for Josh and his promotions. Hopefully he gets it straightened out before someone finds out why and exploits it.

I got a standard PS3 version and the 26200 pts along with the poster. I had to go to Target to get the CE because my kmart didn't have any.

The funny thing is I almost scored two copies of Killzone 3. Target had it out already and I knew it wasn't supposed to come out till 02/22. The lady didn't know any better and went to ring me up but kept getting a street date error in the computer. She almost tried to have someone over ride it until they told her the store could/would get fined and then she understood why the computers weren't letting her sell it. I hope she didn't get into trouble.[/QUOTE]

This is why our society is so screwed up. You would willingly buy not 1 but 2 copies of a game you know is not due for release yet and possibly cost this lady her job and the store to get fined?? And for what? So you could come on here and brag about it like you are doing now? I'm sorry, I have no respect for people like you that try and get the upper hand on someone only so you can feel better about yourself. One day you will grow up and realize ignorance is bliss.

Not sure if there is something wrong with my sears card, but when I used it even though online I have my email set the systems at kmart does not see it. Even after the cashier put it in for me. She went back in to look and still did not see it.

I just ended up getting a new kmart card.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Uh-oh...

This isn't going to end well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah....

Josh, something ain't right in your system. Fortunately, it's only looking like maybe 700ish copies will net double rewards points, so it isn't a huge loss, but it's still a loss.

*Interrupt guy watching TV at work*

Can I buy Marvel vs Capcom 3?

*Guy Looks in case*
*Guy Looks in case*

We don't have it.

It was sent to stores last week for release today.
We didn't get any games in today, our truck didn't come yet.
No, it was sent last week.
*Guy calls someone*
*Guy asks if we got any games in today*
Nope we didn't get anything in today.
Well, I can wait, I have all day.
*Guy looks around some more, finds a box RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REGISTER FULL OF MVC3*
Oh i guess here it is.

Not the worst kmart experience ever, but it's never easy on release day. Got the special edition and the bonus points. No posters but after having to push the guy to even get the game I didn't have the patience to ask for the poster. They'll probably sit there forever.

And just for josh to show that these deals work for us to buy other stuff in the store - I bought toothpaste, floss, and some other toiletries while I was there.

yay marvel!

[quote name='Altanis']Yeah....

Josh, something ain't right in your system. Fortunately, it's only looking like maybe 700ish copies will net double rewards points, so it isn't a huge loss, but it's still a loss.

You bought the game the DAY BEFORE THE DEAL IS ACTIVE, and wonder why you didn't get the deal?
:wall:

Do the dates in the OP that indicate when deals begin not mean anything?[/QUOTE]

To be honest it's kinda stupid that the deal doesn't run the whole week of release to avoid these situations if stores got their copies early. It was a sunday release, wasn't it?

Hope that they can identify this and roll back the points balance to the accurate amount. The amount of transactions where $100 in SYWR were given out on 2.15.2011 can't be very many - hopefully the SYWR guys can search and find these, and change them to the right amount.

[quote name='Altanis']You bought the game the DAY BEFORE THE DEAL IS ACTIVE, and wonder why you didn't get the deal?
:wall:

Do the dates in the OP that indicate when deals begin not mean anything?[/QUOTE]

Oh fuck off, I knew full well that the points may not have posted properly when I made my purchase today, but the store only received two copies of the game. Still, I held onto hope that, since the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 deal went live in the system today, Dragon Quest VI would have as well. Not to mention that *yesterday* was the actual release date for the game. Seems pointless for these deals to activate mid-week, since the registers already flag a game if someone tries to purchase it before the street date.

[quote name='jer7583']Hope that they can identify this and roll back the points balance to the accurate amount. The amount of transactions where $100 in SYWR were given out on 2.15.2011 can't be very many - hopefully the SYWR guys can search and find these, and change them to the right amount.[/QUOTE]
Well, that'd be sort of messed up after the receipt and point balance reflect 100k points.

[quote name='Altanis']Yeah....

Josh, something ain't right in your system. Fortunately, it's only looking like maybe 700ish copies will net double rewards points, so it isn't a huge loss, but it's still a loss. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, I already alerted the team. Not much I can at this point since we only had 700 to begin with. Hopefully they can fix the issue post hoc.

The reason we did the offer on the DQ VI starting on Wednesday was due to Nintendo telling us we wouldn't receive it until that day. If I posted that the deal started on Tuesday everyone would email me about stores not having stock yet. By putting the deal barrier up it just leads to a better instore experience.

LOL @Altanis

Why would anyone read? Funny part is some of these people that KNOW they are getting over on the system come on here and brag about it. But when something goes wrong, you can bet your ass they are the first ones to cry and moan and wanna send emails and everything else because they didnt get double points when they knew they were only allowed single points. You guys can blame "GBAstar" for my pissy-ness right now :bomb:

I had to re-read his post again and LMAO at the second time around.

First he states he is concerned about Josh and his promotions, then he tries to BURN a lady by waiting for her to sell him 2 copies of a game that inst due out yet.

Then he closes by saying "I hope she didnt get in trouble"

:applause: Where is the mentality......

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The reason we did the offer on the DQ VI starting on Wednesday was due to Nintendo telling us we wouldn't receive it until that day. If I posted that the deal started on Tuesday everyone would email me about stores not having stock yet. By putting the deal barrier up it just leads to a better instore experience.[/QUOTE]

Or you could just say, "In stores Wednesday!" and for those who end up finding it early (which is still after street date, mind you), they still get in on the points with no hassle. For me, that would be the *best* in-store experience of all. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back