Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an opportunity to buy a copy (to resell), but then I felt bad that someone would want the game to play, and said screw it. I also have a standard edition coming via Amazon.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Well, that'd be sort of messed up after the receipt and point balance reflect 100k points.[/QUOTE]

There's gotta be some clause about how mistake point balances can be revoked. Just sayin, they should have the technology to fix it, and SYWR does go into negatives if you return stuff.

Also loltanis.

Just be nice to people, dude.

Well, I woke up this morning at 12:30AM. I couldn't fall back to sleep being an avid fighting game fan and so excited to play MvC3. Well, I already had an Amazon pre order (unfortunately snail mail), and my friend ran out of luck trying to acquire the CE. So I decided to try for this deal hoping to get a copy for myself and give my friend my Amazon copy when it arrived.

Did some research and the Kmart in my area was the only one in the whole San Diego county with the CEs and only 1 per system. "Oh boy..." was all that came to mind.

Fast forward to 5:00AM, I take a shower, and quickly rush out the door. Boy was it cold and all I had was small hoodie. Us San Diegans cannot take the slightest bit of chilly weather. Luckily no scalpers or slickdealers in sight upon arrival. I've had the unfortunate prior experience of bumping into another person during the sale when $20 PSN cards chained with $10 coupons. The cards in his hands were numerous, too many to count. I couldn't say the same for what was left on the shelf.

Anyways, I braved the sub-60 temps (I know, I'm a weenie). This specific Kmart opened at 7, although it says 8 on the website. When 7 came around my heart was racing. Hopefully no one broke the street date and the CE was still available. But I had faith in this Kmart and continued to walk to the back of the store.

I enter the electronics section and bid the very cute associate good morning. She asks, "You here for the new release?". I reply, "Yep!". "I assume you'd like the special edition," she said. As soon as I heard those words, I breathed a sigh of relief. She pulls the game out of the case and we continue to process the transaction.

For some reason I had that doubt in the back of my head I would not get the SYWR deal. But I, of little faith was proven wrong when I inquired about the rewards. The girl helping me was caught a little off guard at the reward point total of 28,500 that came up. "Yes!" I said in my head. Where the extra 3,500 points came from, I don't know. After completing the purchase I bid the electronics girl good day and walked happily out the store.

Thanks Kmart, SHC-Gamer, and CAG. All in all, it was a pretty awesome morning. I will most definitely be coming back and look forward to future promotions.

It's MAHVEL BABY!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Or you could just say, "In stores Wednesday!" and for those who end up finding it early (which is still after street date, mind you), they still get in on the points with no hassle. For me, that would be the *best* in-store experience of all. ;)[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely still help anyone who bought the game earlier than the promotion occured.

The game was defintiely not street dated. The released date was the "ship" date from Nintendo on this release actually.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Last week's deal of Test Drive Unlimited 2 for the 360, it said the PC version is in the 360 case so is that still active even if the other add ons expired?[/QUOTE]
Yes, for launch copies only though. So it is now officially YMMV.

Has anyone purchased more than 2 copies and gotten bonus points? I made a deal with some friends to give them a copy for cheap, then I get to keep the bonus K-Mart points (hardly anyone I knows ever shops there, and they would much rather just have the game for $50). I would gladly take the free K-Mart money they do not want! :) But, I have already purchased 2 copies for myself earlier today, so I might be disqualified...:(

it looks like I did not get any bonus points by redeeming my bonus points from the tdu2 deal last week. so I did a return and rebuy without using my points. and then I saw the 25,000 points on the receipt.

[quote name='krashhole']LOL @Altanis

Why would anyone read? Funny part is some of these people that KNOW they are getting over on the system come on here and brag about it. But when something goes wrong, you can bet your ass they are the first ones to cry and moan and wanna send emails and everything else because they didnt get double points when they knew they were only allowed single points. You guys can blame "GBAstar" for my pissy-ness right now :bomb:

I had to re-read his post again and LMAO at the second time around.

First he states he is concerned about Josh and his promotions, then he tries to BURN a lady by waiting for her to sell him 2 copies of a game that inst due out yet.

Then he closes by saying "I hope she didnt get in trouble"

:applause: Where is the mentality......[/QUOTE]

You are an idiot. Unbunch your GD panties. You're telling me you wouldn't buy a must have game or the next must have gadget early if a store put it out? If your answer is no you are on the wrong board.

I wouldn't even think twice about purchasing Uncharted 3 if somehow it made its way on the shelves tomorrow and neither would 99% of the posters on this board. Anyone who says otherwise is outright lying.

I genuinely did NOT want for her to get in trouble but I wanted the game more. According to the logic on this thread (altanis) she should be the one chastised for not reading the literature for the street date of that particular title.

Again I would have glady paid extra, got no rewards, and had the game a week early.

[quote name='vlv723']it looks like I did not get any bonus points by redeeming my bonus points from the tdu2 deal last week. so I did a return and rebuy without using my points. and then I saw the 25,000 points on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

That's weird. I had to grab a copy for each system earlier, so I had them rung seperately because I was worried about the points applying if they were on the same receipt. Well, my points for the 1st copy applied immediately, and I was then able to turn around and use those points on the Xbox copy, which netted me another 25k. So I had no problems using points and still getting the bonus.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oh, man. Only one LE for PS3. It's on hold for someone. :(
Also, does anyone have the UPC for the 360 LE? I tried the one on Buy.com, it did not work.[/QUOTE]
You might want to try Half.com for the UPC#. You also may want to look into the thread I started with the stock locator links for BB for the SE. Unfortunately the 'ship to store' doesn't work, so if it's not showing 'available now' for either version then you're SOL there too.:cry:

As for holding something at a retail store for someone who may or may not come in today, I say it's first come first served. I would've gone to the store manager and complained.:D
[quote name='GBAstar']You are an idiot. Unbunch your GD panties. You're telling me you wouldn't buy a must have game or the next must have gadget early if a store put it out? If your answer is no you are on the wrong board.

I wouldn't even think twice about purchasing Uncharted 3 if somehow it made its way on the shelves tomorrow and neither would 99% of the posters on this board. Anyone who says otherwise is outright lying.

I genuinely did NOT want for her to get in trouble but I wanted the game more. According to the logic on this thread (altanis) she should be the one chastised for not reading the literature for the street date of that particular title.

Again I would have glady paid extra, got no rewards, and had the game a week early.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you want the latest and greatest at full MSRP and would grab it a week early, even if it meant costing someone their job, but the 99% number you just put out there is probably nowhere near there.

Many of us would rather wait till a month or two(or nine) after launch of a game to grab it when it's $20 or more off via a sale. Even better if there's coupons to use to take that amount down even further. And some of us would even buy said item/game used since that'd be even more of a discount.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Maybe you want the latest and greatest at full MSRP and would grab it a week early, even if it meant costing someone their job, but the 99% number you just put out there is probably nowhere near there.

Many of us would rather wait till a month or two(or nine) after launch of a game to grab it when it's $20 or more off via a sale. Even better if there's coupons to use to take that amount down even further. And some of us would even buy said item/game used since that'd be even more of a discount.;)[/QUOTE]

Come on... this isn't some game. This is Killzone 3 which will make or break the PS3 Move as it pertains to hardcore gaming not to mention it is rendered in 3D for those with compatible TV's.

I could give a Flying F*** about getting most games or movies early but you're not being honest with yourself if you're saying you wouldn't take your favorite game or the next big system (3DS, PSP2) early at MSRP.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You might want to try Half.com for the UPC#. [/QUOTE]

D'oh, why did I say Buy.com? I did go to Half.com and that UPC did not pull up anything (PS3 UPC worked okay though)

[quote name='brewin']Smooth as can be here in Maine. Now where the hell do I find out if any stores have the CE?[/QUOTE]

Try Bull Moose Music. They had it for $61.xx brand new but obviously YMMV to supply

I'm the idiot? So you think that $60 game you wanted is more important than that womans job? Or the kids she might have to feed? Or the house payment she might have to make. Grow up and get over your ignorance......

So right after class I headed to Kmart (Shippensburg, PA) to pick up MVC3 with the rewards points. They didn't have any on the shelf and the electronics guy said they don't have any new release video games...I didn't notice anything that came out this month even on the shelf. The manager couldn't find it either....Do they really not have any copies? This reminds me why I don't shop at Kmart...

[quote name='mgford11']Going to pick up a copy of MVC3 from Kmart later today - should I sign up online for the rewards or in-store?[/QUOTE]

I would sign up asap, so it can take some time to process. I remember I signed up in the store, while buying school supplies, and I couldn't use it to get $10 off (deal that week).

[quote name='brucewayne12']So right after class I headed to Kmart (Shippensburg, PA) to pick up MVC3 with the rewards points. They didn't have any on the shelf and the electronics guy said they don't have any new release video games...I didn't notice anything that came out this month even on the shelf. The manager couldn't find it either....Do they really not have any copies? This reminds me why I don't shop at Kmart...[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't have any out on display either. The electronics clerk, who I've come to know because of the VG deals last fall, went to the back to look for me. Sure enough, it had just come off the UPS truck this morning apparently. I grabbed the only 360 CE that came in. The guy right behind me got the only PS3 CE copy.

So if it wasn't right out there, it probably will be coming in this morning, I'd guess.

[quote name='krashhole']I'm the idiot? So you think that $60 game you wanted is more important than that womans job? Or the kids she might have to feed? Or the house payment she might have to make. Grow up and get over your ignorance......[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with KMart so please keep it out of the thread.

[quote name='lortiz9490']Not sure if there is something wrong with my sears card, but when I used it even though online I have my email set the systems at kmart does not see it. Even after the cashier put it in for me. She went back in to look and still did not see it.

I just ended up getting a new kmart card.[/QUOTE]

I have one from Sear and it worked fine for me. Actually I got 25600 total for my purchase.

Just got my PS3 normal copy and the poster. Now to see what the ICO/SotC and Portal 2 or DA2 promotion is going to be. I am really torn between Portal 2 and DA2...

Just got mine. They didn't have any ps3 collectors but they did have 1 for 360. Points rang up fine and I got the poster as well. They actually had a bunch just laying on the counter.

Went to get the regular version at the Frederick MD store, no problems, plenty of stock and that bonus print was pretty cool. Out of curiosity I asked the clerk if they had any of the special editions in stock... he replied that they only received one for each system and that some guy called up earlier and put BOTH on reserve.

I've got my SE on the way through Capcom, but I still think thats kinda trifling. I think maybe the quantities should be changed to one per customer especially since, from my experience at least, CEs always tend to be in limited supply at Kmart.

I went to my kmart at north Hollywood at 7 and waited for an hour. There was another guy that came within 10 minutes before open, going for the only PS3 special edition in stock too. I jogged to electronics and told the other guy that the special edition is mine no matter what. Luckily the manager went up to me first. If he was a member here I want to apologize for taking away the only copy. Anyways everything went smooth got the bonus points! Thanks Josh! :)

[quote name='shrike4242']Take the FPS/Wiimote/PS Move discussions elsewhere, please.[/QUOTE]

Fine fine, but wish I had a chance to at least move it. No pun intended.

[quote name='Vigilance']My local Kmart didn't have any in stock, I asked a clerk to check the back too. She said if its not on display, its not in the back...[/QUOTE]

It's in a box marked 2/15 then.

[quote name='jmillion']i played Kz3 w/ the ps3 move a month ago. i could wait a week. lol[/QUOTE]
So awesome once you get used to it...isn't it? I tinkered with the beta with Move last night (I really wanted to wait for launch) but I wanted to see how it was. Once I got used to it...it was amazing.

[quote name='sadboy']Umm. According to Slickdeals, you can buy one SE and a standard and still get 100K points. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
Awww yeah. Going to go do that just for the extra points. Don't care about the game really.

Went to the Ontario, CA Kmart this morning to pick up a SE for each system (according to spreadsheet, this store was supposed to get one of each). Got there 10 minutes before opening. No one was in line. As soon as I get to the electronics counter, 3 people formed a line behind me. The clerk could only find the 360 version. The guy behind me wanted it but the clerk told him it was going to me. Got the game, points, and poster with no prob. Then I went to the Riverside store in hopes of getting the PS3 SE. The lone copy was still there! Got the game, points, and poster with no prob either.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Went to the Ontario, CA Kmart this morning to pick up a SE for each system (according to spreadsheet, this store was supposed to get one of each). Got there 10 minutes before opening. No one was in line. As soon as I get to the electronics counter, 3 people formed a line behind me. The clerk could only find the 360 version. The guy behind me wanted it but the clerk told him it was going to me. Got the game, points, and poster with no prob. Then I went to the Riverside store in hopes of getting the PS3 SE. The lone copy was still there! Got the game, points, and poster with no prob either.[/QUOTE]
Why 2 SE versions

BTW : I was expecting a cheap-o poster as the bonus. It's a nice little 8x10 print. I'm getting a frame and giving it to my boy for his room. I'm sure he'll like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back