Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Multicron']Went to Kmart early this AM - sold out of both CE and regular versions of MVC3 for 360. I really hate Kmart.[/QUOTE]
Sam here, got up early go to K-mart before stepping into office and still no luck. Well, there's only one copy of SE so can't really hate Kmart for that. The lady puts out Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of MvC3 for me to choose, but no SE, so I didn't buy anything.

Went over to the local Kmart (Pontiac, IL) on my lunch break.
Now I *really* wish they had gotten a CE in; I was the first person to even ask about the game! They had to go pull it from the back, because of course, the shelves weren't stocked.

She did bring out the prints, too, but it looked like there was only one or two more (after I got mine).

But now, Amazon got more of the SE in, so I just placed an order for it. Dunno if I should keep my Kmart copy or return it...ugh.

So my KMart (White Plains, NY) supposedly didn't get a CE copy for the :ps3: although it stated in the spreadsheet that it would. I was the first person to ask for the game so it's highly improbable another person bought it before me. A bit disappointed but I decided it's better to not leave empty handed and bough the regular version.

I just went and picked up 2 regular copies......... I got home with some carls' jr. in hand looked at my receipt and realized that I was given 100k points on my rewards card. Checked my balance online and discovered I recieved 100 dollars in credit. Is this a bug that is happening to everyone? Is it a glitch that will rectify itself? Just want to find out what is going on.

Apparently the glitch works with 2 of any version then. I guess people are getting it with 2x CE, 2x reg, or 1x reg and 1x CE.

[quote name='greggysasaki']Was I supposed to get $100 worth of points from buying 2 copies of the regular edition coz that's what happened...[/QUOTE]
Awesome for you then. $100 bucks is awesome.

If these inventory allocation spreadsheets keep getting leaked, then I guess I'll stop pestering Stockboy to ship CEs to my store, since all it does is attract all the other people, who don't request them.

And yes, I'm a little frustrated after wasting 30 minutes (because the regular electronics person was way late coming back from lunch, and the others never know anything) just to be told that all 6 copies across two systems apparently got wiped out first thing in the morning.

[quote name='knightsdwn']So my KMart (White Plains, NY) supposedly didn't get a CE copy for the :ps3: although it stated in the spreadsheet that it would. I was the first person to ask for the game so it's highly improbable another person bought it before me. A bit disappointed but I decided it's better to not leave empty handed and bough the regular version.[/QUOTE]

I was there this morning and asked. She brought the whole box out and opened it in front of me. Saw all the games and posters, but no PS3 CE. They just didn't get in the 1 they were supposed to.

shout out to the cag that I spoke to on the phone when I was at kmart in piscataway, nj...

(employee wasn't sure what he was asking so he gave me the phone :p)

Playing devil's advocate: I don't understand how anyone would be pissed for getting their points adjust to the 50 dollar value it should have been. It's not like Kmart would be changing their promotion and then adjusting -- just enforcing.

That said, 100 bucks is a great deal/glitch!

[quote name='splintercell']If these inventory allocation spreadsheets keep getting leaked, then I guess I'll stop pestering Stockboy to ship CEs to my store, since all it does is attract all the other people, who don't request them.

And yes, I'm a little frustrated after wasting 30 minutes (because the regular electronics person was way late coming back from lunch, and the others never know anything) just to be told that all 6 copies across two systems apparently got wiped out first thing in the morning.[/QUOTE]

same here, that kinda pissed me off alittle to be honest. seeing it on sd's made it even worse...

[quote name='splintercell']If these inventory allocation spreadsheets keep getting leaked, then I guess I'll stop pestering Stockboy to ship CEs to my store, since all it does is attract all the other people, who don't request them.

And yes, I'm a little frustrated after wasting 30 minutes (because the regular electronics person was way late coming back from lunch, and the others never know anything) just to be told that all 6 copies across two systems apparently got wiped out first thing in the morning.[/QUOTE]
I did feel a bit bad after posting the link to where it was on SD here, because as soon as I did, people came out of the woodwork with "Oh cool, my store is getting a copy? I'll make sure to be there early morning."

I know that having Andrew allocate a copy to a store isn't reserving it or preordering it, but anyone who went and grabbed a copy someone else requested could have easily requested one as well.

Unfortunately, if you weren't on the ball this morning, you missed out and I am sorry to hear you did not get your copy. Next time you want to request a game allocation, just ignore the thread until a day before the game comes out, don't read the OP ever, and then walk in and grab someone else's.

I saw Josh's spreadsheet on SD though and thought if I posted it here it would at least shut up the people asking 'Will my store get one???" ("Well, did you request one? If not, then too late. Learn to read, STFU, and GTFO."). It would have been posted here eventually but once again, that sucks you didn't get your game.

EDIT: It must really suck too, to read the thread and see people posting "Yeah, I got the only copy!!! There was some guy asking behind me if he could get one too, but I got the only one!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!" and thinking, 'yeah, I was that guy. I emailed a CE request to Stock Boy 2 1/2 months ago. you're welcome for the game.'

This was all my fault....#-o:wall:

[quote name='Vigilance']My local Kmart didn't have any in stock, I asked a clerk to check the back too. She said if its not on display, its not in the back...[/QUOTE]

same thing here. really sucks.

Well the stock sheet isn't entirely accurate.

I looked and it said my store would have 3 copies for each system. When I got there there was only 3 copies for the 360 none for the PS3. O well...

Snagged my copy at the K-Mart in Valpo. They were just getting them out of the box, so the CE for the PS3 is still there for anyone interested.

Also, no problems with the SYWR points!

So I got my copy of both M vs C3 and DQVI, no SYWR points for DQVI though =\ my guess is today is 2/15. So my guess is you have to wait a day? why would the offer start AFTER "release day"? :bomb:

[quote name='brucewayne12']same thing here. really sucks.[/QUOTE]

did any of you guys ask for a manager? did anyone say "hey games came in sometime last week" or how about "its Tuesday EVERY SINGLE STORE puts out games on tuesday"... not bitching at anyone but if your kmart is crappy speak up and do something rather then just saying k-mart sucks... my kmart was pretty bad but hey guess what i spoke up and shook a few employees into actually doing there job. i could care less if they give me a nasty look every time i walk in lol.

wow...

thats sad about the points. Josh Get on it.. my store didnt have any CE.. I need that spreadsheet again, but am probably out of luck.

EDIT: It must really suck too, to read the thread and see people posting "Yeah, I got the only copy!!! There was some guy asking behind me if he could get one too, but I got the only one!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!" and thinking, 'yeah, I was that guy. I emailed a CE request to Stock Boy 2 1/2 months ago. your welcome for the game.'
so true man

That points fiasco has me a bit concerned... I know its easy to perceive this as jealously (not only do they get 2 CEs but $100 in credit), but I really do hope this isn't going to ruin future deals or anything.

[quote name='kennedykougar']So I got my copy of both M vs C3 and DQVI, no SYWR points for DQVI though =\ my guess is today is 2/15. So my guess is you have to wait a day? why would the offer start AFTER "release day"? :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Read back a couple pages. This was already discussed/answered today.

The lone copy (PS3) at the Wall, NJ store was gone. Might be gone by now but one of the other K-Marts had 2 PS3 and at least 1 360.

Probably also worth noting that I saw 5 360 SE's at Walmart...if you wanted to try to price match K-Mart or TRU's deal.

Sweet, drove an hour round trip just to find out the k-mart nearest me hasn't received any copies of the game yet on either system (so they say).

For anyone wanting the CE's just for the DLC they are releasing the DLC for the characters, shadow mode, and alternative costumes for $5 or 400 MS points on march 1st

[quote name='ucantcme69']For anyone wanting the CE's just for the DLC they are releasing the DLC for the characters, shadow mode, and alternative costumes for $5 or 400 MS points on march 1st[/QUOTE]
Nope. The costumes and shadow mode are coming out March 1st.
I have not seen a single date listed for the new characters.
So unless you have a link of some brand new news, you are mistaken.

EDIT: It looks like SE owners can redeem the dlc on March 15th and there has been no word on if non-SE owners will be able to get it the same day or have to wait longer.

[quote name='brucewayne12']same thing here. really sucks.[/QUOTE]
Always send me emails for issues like this. If the store has confirmed inventory I can take care of you.

[quote name='kennedykougar']So I got my copy of both M vs C3 and DQVI, no SYWR points for DQVI though =\ my guess is today is 2/15. So my guess is you have to wait a day? why would the offer start AFTER "release day"? :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Just send me a pic of your receipt and I'll help out.

[quote name='judgedee']Well the stock sheet isn't entirely accurate.

I looked and it said my store would have 3 copies for each system. When I got there there was only 3 copies for the 360 none for the PS3. O well...[/QUOTE]
The stock sheet is right, the store would be wrong or maybe other reasons worth investigating.

[quote name='dabamus']Apparently the glitch works with 2 of any version then. I guess people are getting it with 2x CE, 2x reg, or 1x reg and 1x CE.[/QUOTE]
Yikes:hot:

I just made an online account for my SYWR member number and opted in for the e-mails. Will I be credited the points today when I buy MvC3? I ask since I know it sometimes take some time for these things to update.

[quote name='gugaplex']I was there this morning and asked. She brought the whole box out and opened it in front of me. Saw all the games and posters, but no PS3 CE. They just didn't get in the 1 they were supposed to.[/QUOTE]

That's odd. I would have assumed the lone CE will be packaged in along with the regular editions.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just send me a pic of your receipt and I'll help out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for getting back to me almost immediately about this earlier, by the way. You continue to amaze!

Hello,

My mistake partially. Costumes and shadow mode are out March first. DLC Characters are out march 15th for a undisclosed price.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/15/marvel-vs-capcom-3-dlc-costumes/

The only reason I wanted the CE was for the Characters so happy to see you can get them March 15th by purchasing them

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Nope. The costumes and shadow mode are coming out March 1st.
I have not seen a single date listed for the new characters.
So unless you have a link of some brand new news, you are mistaken.

EDIT: It looks like SE owners can redeem the dlc on March 15th and there has been no word on if non-SE owners will be able to get it the same day or have to wait longer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Decker']BTW : I was expecting a cheap-o poster as the bonus. It's a nice little 8x10 print. I'm getting a frame and giving it to my boy for his room. I'm sure he'll like it.[/QUOTE]
It is actually kind of cool. I brought on a company to make prints for us just for these types of launches. I'd like to do screen shots and stuff like that and make a KG type of collection.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The stock sheet is right, the store would be wrong or maybe other reasons worth investigating.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. The guy didn't let me rifle through his box to see. I guess I might've not be the first one there since I got there at 9:30am but he told me he didn't get any of the PS3 SE versions in and he pulled out the 360 SE for me.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is actually kind of cool. I brought on a company to make prints for us just for these types of launches. I'd like to do screen shots and stuff like that and make a KG type of collection.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, makes me want mine so much more. I might go back right now and see if they found them.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Hello,

My mistake partially. Costumes and shadow mode are out March first. DLC Characters are out march 15th for a undisclosed price.

The only reason I wanted the CE was for the Characters so happy to see you can get them March 15th by purchasing them[/QUOTE]
That's more correct, but even Joystiq is still wrong in that 'article.' The code in the SE doesn't allow us to download the pack now. I just entered the code into the webpage you have to redeem it on and the real code will get emailed out on the 15th.
Which is disappointing, because who knows when it will come out on the 15th? Everyone could possible have the chance to download them at 3 AM or something while I am sitting there until 8 at night waiting on an email (which is what will probably occur happening).

[quote name='ucantcme69']Hello,

The only reason I wanted the CE was for the Characters so happy to see you can get them March 15th by purchasing them[/QUOTE]
That's more correct, but even Joystiq is still wrong in that 'article.' The code in the SE doesn't allow us to download the pack now. I just entered the code into the webpage you have to redeem it on and the real code will get emailed out on the 15th.
Which is disappointing, because who knows when it will come out on the 15th? Everyone could possible have the chance to download them at 3 AM or something while I am sitting there until 8 at night waiting on an email (which is what will probably occur happening).

[quote name='dabamus']Apparently the glitch works with 2 of any version then. I guess people are getting it with 2x CE, 2x reg, or 1x reg and 1x CE.[/QUOTE]

Wait a tick, so I can go to the store, buy 2 copies of the game, get $100 in store credit, sell one off for $30, and end up with the craziest fighting game of 2011 and an extra $10 in my pocket? The cheapass in me is having a stroke. :drool:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
SYWR Issues:

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.
[/QUOTE]

Josh, I want to make sure I'm doing this right as apparently even though I get emails from SYWR, I have also apparently not been signed up for the offers. That's a bit of a WTF to me, but anyway...

Did you ever clarify if we can just check Kmart here? I don't want to see offers from Craftsman, "The Great Indoors", etc. I get enough junk email as it is ;). For now, I have them all checked, but I'd like to remove some of those if I can.

Does anyone know if these have to be for the same platform or not? Can I buy 2 of the standard editions (one for the 360 and one for the PS3) and still get the $100 in rewards?

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh are you going to let us CAGers keep the 100K points or are they going to be reverted back to 50K?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's not a matter of "letting" anyone do anything and Josh has said before that he has no control over the SYWR promotions. That's a whole different department and team. And it will ultimately be an "all or nothing" situation where everyone (including CAGS and those dreaded SDers) will either keep the points or they will take them from everyone.

I can't see them taking them but I expect them to have it fixed tomorrow.

Thanks Josh for the MvC3 deal.

Grabbed a PS3 version and got the points and poster without any problems.

Still wish there was a SE version around me. Would have definitely bought one if it had been available.

Don't know if it's an issue of Capcom limiting the production run of the SE or not providing you with many copies. Hope the work you're doing gets the publishers to improve any future allocations

[quote name='udryguy']Does anyone know if these have to be for the same platform or not? Can I buy 2 of the standard editions (one for the 360 and one for the PS3) and still get the $100 in rewards?
[/QUOTE]

Why would you want to exploit an obvious glitch and undermine the efforts of those that bring us the original deals to begin with?

(And don't go saying "because this is CAG" or some other stupid BS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back