Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vlv723']Got that e-mail too but am I the only one who got this: "Redeem them and get 5x points".

Should be on top of the e-mail.

Bonus points+$3? Not bad.

But anyways, I am part of the "concerned about losing my points" group. Hope Josh can clear this latest issue up.[/QUOTE]
Nope, that's there in my email as well. I'll be interested in seeing what happens when I buy Pokemon B&W and redeem my points.

I also apparently can get 2x points on every purchase until Saturday. Woohoo. That doesn't really help me since I'm going to be there Sunday. Oh well.

[quote name='dino88']Strange. I just got an email saying my points expire 3/31. I just received these points no longer than 2 months ago and they're meant to be valid for a year. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

I got some odd numbers on mine (probably due to an account change that had to be performed), but I got the expiring e-mail as well... and I bought MvC, too. An explanation by the end of the month would be nice. Also, the wording in fine print at the top of my message reads: "Your points will expire 3/31! Redeem them and earn 5X points." The associated link doesn't appear to give any further details.

Yeah, I feel bad for the guy. He works so hard and then the rest of the company goes and fucks it up.

Just so we don't flood his inbox, I have already emailed him about this... interesting email it seems that they sent out to a lot of their SYWR members.

[quote name='Altanis']Yeah, I feel bad for the guy. He works so hard and then the rest of the company goes and fucks it up.

Just so we don't flood his inbox, I have already emailed him about this... interesting email it seems that they sent out to a lot of their SYWR members.[/QUOTE]

I know you're not foolish enough to make a mistake like this, but I assume you didn't just write, "I have received an email stating my points will expire..."?

You did include something to the tune of "Most of us here", or at least "A lot of us"?

Otherwise, let the floodgates be open! :)

Now I feel left out. :whistle2:(

I've been checking my email every half hour or so since all the ruckus begun, I still haven't received the mystery email, and now it's midnight so I doubt I'll be getting it if I haven't already.

I'm kinda hoping I get it too so I know that I can save ~$4 on Pokemon with my $0.81. I guess I'll just use the $0.81 anyway and hope it gets multiplied. I doubt I'll have a reason to use it by the end of the month anyway if it turns out all our points are disappearing.

Uh-oh. My paranoia is kicking in. Maybe this is a sign that KMART is ending the SYWR, maybe even because we gamers couldn't save it and it's going bankrupt again! Quick! Buy everything you can get your hands on! We must save KMART.....

Woah! What the hell was that?
(PS: It's midnight. I should probably go to sleep now.)

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']NI'm kinda hoping I get it too so I know that I can save ~$4 on Pokemon with my $0.81. I guess I'll just use the $0.81 anyway and hope it gets multiplied. I doubt I'll have a reason to use it by the end of the month anyway if it turns out all our points are disappearing.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's not what the 5x bonus points means. Do you honestly think they'll give people $50 for using $10 credit? If that were the case, Kmart's doors would have shut for good a long time ago.

[quote name='Altanis']Yeah, I feel bad for the guy. He works so hard and then the rest of the company goes and fucks it up.

Just so we don't flood his inbox, I have already emailed him about this... interesting email it seems that they sent out to a lot of their SYWR members.[/QUOTE]

Good, this may be an issue for me too.

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, that's not what the 5x bonus points means. Do you honestly think they'll give people $50 for using $10 credit? If that were the case, Kmart's doors would have shut for good a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Bah!

I assumed that once Altanis said he had two deals. The 5x and a 2x. What would be the point of giving out a 2x deal and then at the same instant give out a 5x deal?

But now I can see what you are saying, it's just written to confuse (on top of the whole mystery expiry email confusion bit). But still, if I get this 5x multiplier, and if I redeem my measly $0.81 on Pokemon, since the 5x would be on the whole purchase (I would assume), I'd still make $2.88, meaning I'd come out ahead.

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, that's not what the 5x bonus points means. Do you honestly think they'll give people $50 for using $10 credit? If that were the case, Kmart's doors would have shut for good a long time ago.[/QUOTE]
To that Shizno guy, I think you would earn closer to 550 + 275 points for the Pokemon deal, which would equal to about $.82.

I think it would work like this:

Pokemon - $35 + 17.50 = $52.50
$52.50 = 525 points x 5 = 2625 points or $2.63 credit

So you're getting an extra $2 with the bonus

[quote name='sadboy']To that Shizno guy, I think you would earn closer to 550 + 275 points for the Pokemon deal, which would equal to about $.82.[/QUOTE]

550? And 275?
And $0.82 x5 = $4.10, but you're overestimating rather much.

Isn't it ~ $35.00 + $17.50 = $52.50 x 100 = 5250 points x5 = 26250 / 10000 = $2.625.

And that's without tax. And I don't really know, do you make points off of tax, or only pre tax?

Or is something wrong with the equation? The whole points systems suck everywhere. Another reason I hate Microsoft.

The Pokemon deal would net 5x normal points, so 50 points (5 cents) per dollar. $52.50 = 525 points.
dino88 is right. It's about $2.63.

This might get interesting to get back nearly $3 on purchasing them. It's going to be... fun to see what happens.

And again, Shisno makes a post that pretty much makes no sense. Because you just know Microsoft was the first company anywhere to have a points system for buying stuff. :roll:

[quote name='Altanis']The Pokemon deal would net 5x normal points, so 50 points (5 cents) per dollar. $52.50 = 525 points.
dino88 is right. It's about $2.63.

This might get interesting to get back nearly $3 on purchasing them. It's going to be... fun to see what happens.

And again, Shisno makes a post that pretty much makes no sense. Because you just know Microsoft was the first company anywhere to have a points system for buying stuff. :roll:[/QUOTE]

No. Again, you make a post where you infer something that I didn't say.

I never said Microsoft invented the points system. I said that one more reason why I hate Microsoft is because they use a point system.

Specifically (since you obviously failed to understand [again]) they use a very difficult to calculate points system on Xbox Live where developers sometimes take a small hit compared to prices on PSN when they put things on sale for something like 42% off just so they only have to deal with a price that ends in a 0.

You know, it's kinda ironic when people hated the coupons and wanted SYWR points instead. And now we're having problems with the points

That can't happen because the SWYR bonus points are on strict budget, hence the lower reward amounts between $10-$15 but he makes it up by adding an incentive (ie. save $30 on a XBL 4000/PSN $50 card). I know we had $20-$25 from last month but for March, it's all $10-$15 which us CAGers know that we want $20-$25 or even $30 coupons instead.

And now, this fiasco happens in which our points are going to expire at the end of the month. The MvC 3 double points glitch is an honorable mention.

Gotta love the irony from the CAG Community since users complained about the coupons and now are anxiously waiting for it to return.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Or is something wrong with the equation? The whole points systems suck everywhere. Another reason I hate Microsoft.[/QUOTE]
No. My equation was based on the assumption it was 10x in addition with a bonus of 5x. I just realized you guys are talking about another promotion entirely, which I haven't been notified of via e-mail.

Got to catch them all. :bomb:

[quote name='sadboy']No. My equation was based on the assumption it was 10x in addition with a bonus of 5x. I just realized you guys are talking about another promotion entirely, which I haven't been notified of via e-mail.

Got to catch them all. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's cool.

Also, I want whatever emails you are receiving. Actually, I want the same email everyone else has received, since I still haven't got this mystery expiry email with a 5x bonus.

[quote name='vlv723']You know, it's kinda ironic when people hated the coupons and wanted SYWR points instead. And now we're having problems with the points

That can't happen because the SWYR bonus points are on strict budget, hence the lower reward amounts between $10-$15 but he makes it up by adding an incentive (ie. save $30 on a XBL 4000/PSN $50 card). I know we had $20-$25 from last month but for March, it's all $10-$15 which us CAGers know that we want $20-$25 or even $30 coupons instead.

And now, this fiasco happens in which our points are going to expire at the end of the month. The MvC 3 double points glitch is an honorable mention.

Gotta love the irony from the CAG Community since users complained about the coupons and now are anxiously waiting for it to return.[/QUOTE]

For the record, I never had any problems with having the coupons. But I do know it was flawed and being illegally manipulated by the SDers, among others, and needed a repair. I still think the best bet is coupons tied to SYWR account. Combines the flexibility and ease of understanding and use of coupons with the monitoring ability (and automatic revocation on return ability) of the SYWR.

Not to mention the dollar amounts of the coupons were larger in general.

[quote name='vlv723']You know, it's kinda ironic when people hated the coupons and wanted SYWR points instead. And now we're having problems with the points[/quote]
Because you know, we never had problems with coupons, right?

Josh has said that he likes incentive deals (buy a game, get something) instead of just straight up dollar deals. So far, the only promotion that has gotten worse than Josh intended was the Pokemon deal, which went from $30 in SYWR points ($15 per copy) to $17.50 off upfront on two copies.

This isn't a "fiasco" really. None of us really know what is going on, but so far everyone has posted saying that according to the SYWR rules, none of their points (mine included) are set to expire March 31, and so far the majority have said that it doesn't matter since they were going to use them by March 31 anyway.

It's my guess that the email was a generic SYWR-related email. Points don't expire for a year, but I'm guessing that it was intended to only be sent to a small number of people and someone hit the wrong address list in the "To" field.

Gotta love the irony from the CAG Community since users complained about the coupons and now are anxiously waiting for it to return.
I like the points better than the coupons. So far, I haven't had an issue with any of the promotions I have gotten in on, but I do know that I have thought I lost the gaming coupons multiple times, whereas that can't happen with the SYWR points.

Personally, I really don't give two shits either way. It can be gaming coupons, gift cards, rewards points, or a box of chocolates for all I care, as long as it's a good deal.

[quote name='Altanis']
***SNIP***

It's my guess that the email was a generic SYWR-related email. Points don't expire for a year, but I'm guessing that it was intended to only be sent to a small number of people and someone hit the wrong address list in the "To" field.

***SNIP***

Personally, I really don't give two shits either way. It can be gaming coupons, gift cards, rewards points, or a box of chocolates for all I care, as long as it's a good deal.[/QUOTE]

That's what it certainly is looking like. Unfortunately, that means most of you who did get the email likely won't be earning 5x points on your next purchase you redeem your points on.

Also, mmmmmmmm, chocolate. Actually, a box of chocolates can be more expensive than some of the dollar equivalents we've been given in SYWR points, making that the better deal..... you know, if you want chocolate instead of games.

I never had issues with using coupons but it all depends on users using it fairly or not. We expected it not since the SD'ers and CAG Lurkers will find a way to exploit it. Us honest shoppers get shafted by these people hence Josh did some "hotfixes" such as delaying the coupon use for a week, having them tied with our SYWR accounts, and now, it's suspended so it can be revamped.

I don't care if we receive points or coupons, as long we get great deals, I will be back to buy another game on release date or when a game that I miss out on points/coupons are on sale (or even print out a coupon).

Well we're just concerned since we know it's valid for a year but since we got that e-mail, we tend to push the panic button.

What you said, reminds me of that one scene from American Pie in which he accidentally sent the live webcast to the whole school. Then makes an ass of himself dancing to whoever is watching :lol:

But anyways, once the coupons are back, if it's a unique barcode for each, I wonder if this will combat return fraud and make that coupon invalid.

Hmmm... according to my SYWR account, 70 of my points are set to expire this month, but the others seem to be safe. I've been thinking about spending them on the PS3 Blops deal so maybe this little issue will force my hand.

To be completely honest, did you guys really think the SYWR was never in jeopardy? I had a feeling exploits such as the MvC3 deal might put a hurtin on the program.

Some of you might disagree with me, and call it a glitch... which is fine. But when you knowingly take advantage of the glitch, wouldn't that be exploiting?

How ignorant can some people be?

AWWWWWWWWW CRAP!!!!

I got that email too!!!

Will have to tell a buddy of mine not to get Fight Night from kmart[Sorry Josh]. He might lose his points a few days after getting the game. On top of it I gotta give a heads up to all my friends whom I convinced to buy their games from K-Mart or they're all gonna be pissed at me if they lose their points as well.

I gotta figure out ways to spend the $80+ dollars I have.

Was really hoping to spend them on DA,Yak,and Homefront but I'm afraid they'll expire.

[quote name='aznhero913']Was really hoping to spend them on DA,Yak,and Homefront but I'm afraid they'll expire.[/QUOTE]

All three of those games come out this month. What exactly are you worried about?

[quote name='jiggyteddy']To be completely honest, did you guys really think the SYWR was never in jeopardy? I had a feeling exploits such as the MvC3 deal might put a hurtin on the program.

Some of you might disagree with me, and call it a glitch... which is fine. But when you knowingly take advantage of the glitch, wouldn't that be exploiting?[/quote]
How exactly was the MvC3 deal an exploit?

The SYWR program isn't in jeopardy. It's not like the email said that the program was ending.

How ignorant can some people be?
Trust me, I'm asking myself that question a lot. Right about now, actually.

Sorry I haven't been on following this new SYWR mess, can someone please email me a copy of the email they got or at least provide a synopsis? From what I understand it sounds like people have accumulated some points recently and are now being told that some will expire by 3/31...and we're thinking it is from the MvC3 promotion? Please let me know, I just need 1 or 2 examples so I can forward to the SYWR team.

Please copy Josh on as well

[email protected] and [email protected]

If you have some SYWR member identifying member number or something that may help.

I got the email too, and I didn't participate in the MvC3 deal, so that's not the deciding factor. The last deal I participated in was the one for DQVI, and I didn't even get those extra points (though I did get the $15 GC from Josh in the mail).

Is there some reason no one's raised the possibility of holding off on redeeming any SYWR points until the 3DS launch (right before the "expiration date" of 3/31), when, if the 5x promotion actually happened, one would make about 12,500 SYWR points ($12.50) on top of whatever deal Josh would have prepared? :hot:

(10 * 250) * 5 = 12,500

...It's for that reason that I'm doubting the integrity of the expiration emails.

EDIT: Sure, Stock Boy, I'll forward over the email.

You got it Stock Boy, I'll forward over the email I got.

Crap, I just realized I sent it to the email listed in the contact in the front of the thread. Stupid me for not realizing the two emails were different. :facepalm:

I think it's a general mistake.

I got the email to redeem my points and my points balance is 0.

Boy those SYWR guys are fucking up left and right aren't they?

The entire SYWR points experience (and what I read on here daily) has really turned me off from buying games at Kmart. If/when Amazon comes close by offering a comparable credit, I order from them now, just because I know that 99.5% of the time, I'm going to get my credit. Not to mention by the time you factor in a typically lower price, and not having to spend time/gas to get to a Kmart (only for them to not have the game you want), it makes Amazon that much more appealing.

I just remembered something: I've got a recently-acquired $28.75 in credit at Amazon. That would make buying both B&W cost...

$69.98 - $28.75 = $41.23 + $20 Amazon credit

...So a little over $20 for each game, or buy one get the other for

I have 239 points in my SYWR account. I've not bought any game related items at KMart in a long time.. But I still got the email that the points expire at the end of the month.

Ew.

[quote name='Vigilante']I just remembered something: I've got a recently-acquired $28.75 in credit at Amazon. That would make buying both B&W cost...

$69.98 - $28.75 = $41.23 + $20 Amazon credit

...So a little over $20 for each game, or buy one get the other for

[quote name='jaysapathy']I have 239 points in my SYWR account. I've not bought any game related items at KMart in a long time.. But I still got the email that the points expire at the end of the month.

Ew.[/QUOTE]

You are so lame dude. You do nothing but complain about kmart.

It's not like you didn't get points or the manager refused to stack two coupons or any number of issues that people have had. You just bitch and bitch .... just to bitch.

Just give it up already.

Ew.

[quote name='confoosious']you're overthinking it. if it's a couple of bucks, loyalty might come into play. that much money --- amazon.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think that's a pretty obvious choice really.

okay i know this has been asked before, but what do i need to use the credit from my SYWR card? Pin number and what else? I haven't gotten my card sent yet but where do you find the pin? I want to use the credit for the pokemon deal on sunday!

If you don't have your physical card yet, my understanding is that you can log into your account and set your PIN to whatever you like. What I don't know without trying it myself is whether you need your unknown original PIN to do this.

As long as you have your account number, however, it seems that giving that to the cashier to be typed in will act the same as handing them a card to scan.

[quote name='cag1000']How long did it take you guys to get your membership card in the mail? It's been 2 1/2 weeks and no sign of it yet....[/QUOTE]

Took a little over three weeks to get mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back