Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']What's wrong with GBAstar? I think he's mad.

MvC3 took priority. Been watching lots of Sons of Anarchy cause I started it a few weeks ago.

I like to take my time with my games and I believe that if a game is long or short doesn't matter because I don't feel like I need to go buy another game immediately after finishing one.[/QUOTE]

I'm on very little sleep and most likely dehydrated; that and I'm normally unstable.

Thanks for the answer about DA II: SE. Sorry, the thread is 293 pages now, it's hard to sift through to find the answer. I'll look through more pages next time before I post a question.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Thanks for the answer about DA II: SE. Sorry, the thread is 293 pages now, it's hard to sift through to find the answer. I'll look through more pages next time before I post a question.[/QUOTE]
...for me to poop on!

[quote name='quinn187']I'm an active duty soldier stationed in sierra vista, AZ. Yesterday I was at my local kmart and low and behold there were stickers placed on the game case advertising the Dragon Age 2 W/$30 off of the PSN Cards and MS Points effective 6 march to I believe 12 march. so I ask a rep for the game he gets it for me with the MS points card. I get to the register but it would not let the sale go thru due to it being before release date. But the sticker did state 6 march. so I didnt get to buy it, Which is understandable except I already had my hopes up. but the rep was cool enough to try and hold the game and card for me till I get out of work on Tuesday (hope its still there) Must admit if Kmart keeps up these great deals on games such as this one, amazon.com is not getting as much cash from me as they are used to.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that it's in the ad as "Available Tuesday" right? I'm looking at it right now.

On the front cover (very badly placed under the $3.99 Winter Clearance items) is Pokemon Black & White, with a note saying they are available on Sunday.
On the next page is the rest of the electronics/gaming deals, and with Dragon Age 2, MLB 2011, and the MLB PS3 bundle under the header "New Releases, Available Tuesday March 8"

The stickers do not supersede the Weekly Ad, especially if the game isn't even released yet.

[quote name='GBAstar']Why so long? It is a very very short campaign.... and you have stated since launch how you couldn't put it down and played for hours straights[/QUOTE]

I have personally put close to 50 hours into the game, 30 of that being on the anarchy mode, getting into the top 100 on kills and skills shots and lvl 65 takes some time :p. Need one more achievement for 100%, Ive loved the game, its pretty fantastic.

[quote name='bobphone']What if my Kmart is out of Yakuza 3 when I go to buy 4?[/QUOTE]

I think Josh mentioned that they are shipping another batch of yak 3 with the yak 4 shipment.

[quote name='bobphone']What if my Kmart is out of Yakuza 3 when I go to buy 4?[/QUOTE]
Then you don't get Yakuza 3 free?

Josh has said that if things don't work out he will compensate the difference. However, knowing that the stores are all getting shipments of Yakuza 3 in.....

[quote name='Altanis']You do realize that it's in the ad as "Available Tuesday" right? I'm looking at it right now.

On the front cover (very badly placed under the $3.99 Winter Clearance items) is Pokemon Black & White, with a note saying they are available on Sunday.
On the next page is the rest of the electronics/gaming deals, and with Dragon Age 2, MLB 2011, and the MLB PS3 bundle under the header "New Releases, Available Tuesday March 8"

The stickers do not supersede the Weekly Ad, especially if the game isn't even released yet.[/QUOTE]

Haha! I saw that and almost felt like asking if I could get Pokemon for $4.

[quote name='sdclippers']No I am kidding your sarcasm meters are broken.[/QUOTE]
They're not broken. The sad reality is that questions like that are asked all the time.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']How long does it take SYWR points to show up?[/QUOTE]
Should be instant, but can take up to a week.

Anyone wanting me to get them DA 2 I would be willing to get one for you for $52 (Cost of shipping) + Cost of points if your interested. Send a PM if you're interested. I know some people don't have K-Marts close

Regardless stickers shouldnt be created for a date before a product is released. That is called false advertisement. In most states there are are laws regarding this. I dont see that he was complaining either. He was just sharing a story and how he was hopeful even though he knew the release date. Im not singling out anyone but this thread like to rip apart peoples comments. If he wanted to be real pushy technically hed be correct with the false advertisement claim. The issue is with most stores is they dont have anyone who runs electronics that knows anything about games. If they did we wouldnt hear as many bad terrible things about kmart regarding a game or deal. Whats worse is that their isnt a corporate crackdown on straightening up the stores. If every store had to be the same in displaying and making the products available or if they finally get a online site live this would fix alot of issues people write in on. I like how Josh has reached out to turn things around but there has to be more backing from a company to actually turn this around. I like shopping at kmart when I actually have a employee able to help me in the first 20 minutes im there and if they know about the deal. To end the rant I dont think the guy should get his comment tore apart when technically he wasnt in the wrong.

[quote name='Altanis']You do realize that it's in the ad as "Available Tuesday" right? I'm looking at it right now.

The stickers do not supersede the Weekly Ad, especially if the game isn't even released yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']Sigh.[/QUOTE]
Agreed 100%. It's gotten to the point now where it's almost easier to just give up. People don't get it. Even the obvious is being missed.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Regardless stickers shouldnt be created for a date before a product is released. That is called false advertisement. In most states there are are laws regarding this. I dont see that he was complaining either. He was just sharing a story and how he was hopeful even though he knew the release date. Im not singling out anyone but this thread like to rip apart peoples comments. If he wanted to be real pushy technically hed be correct with the false advertisement claim. The issue is with most stores is they dont have anyone who runs electronics that knows anything about games. If they did we wouldnt hear as many bad terrible things about kmart regarding a game or deal. Whats worse is that their isnt a corporate crackdown on straightening up the stores. If every store had to be the same in displaying and making the products available or if they finally get a online site live this would fix alot of issues people write in on. I like how Josh has reached out to turn things around but there has to be more backing from a company to actually turn this around. I like shopping at kmart when I actually have a employee able to help me in the first 20 minutes im there and if they know about the deal. To end the rant I dont think the guy should get his comment tore apart when technically he wasnt in the wrong.[/QUOTE]
Bottom line: It's not false advertising if the item hasn't been released yet. The person didn't say that the stickers said March 6-12. He said he THOUGHT (key word) that they did. A 6 and an 8 look really similar in the really small font that the stores use for those really small stickers.
Also, there's this amazing key. It should be two away from your "l" key and right next to the enter key. If you push the shift key and this key at the same time, it will create this symbol called an apostrophe. Learn how to use them. Your arguments lose power (unless of course, they are like this one and weak anyway) when you can't type correctly.

No, read it again. He did say the stickers said it was effective march 6-12. That was pretty clear.

Regardless, it was a printing error inside the store and not "false advertising". It's not like they had a sign that said DA2 would also wash and wax your car and you got home and it didn't.

They didn't overcharge him or anything. It simply didn't ring up. (because it wasn't supposed to.

Edit: btw it seems to me that the original posted wasn't even mad about it. Just disappointed. I don't know where this false advertising nonsense came from.

Actually your quite wrong. Please refer to your states guidelines. All signs are to be made as clear as possible. Its exactly the same thing if a product is ticketed a lower amount but rings up for a higher amount. Its entirely possible he was wrong yet your argument about how a 6 and 8 look similar is my case. They have to be made clear other wise your indeed wrong. I could also care less if you rip apart my comment like you do every single person on every thread. Any comment I see out of you is nothing but trying to put that person down. Regardless if a question has been asked or if it is a dumb question this is a damn blog site. That means people are able to ask things find things w/e. Some people may not be as proficient with the site layout or have the know hows to do anything more than ask a question. Not everyone is as smart as the next guy. I fear for you if you work in customer service because if you do you'd be use to these questions and comments from the general public by now. All im saying is im not going to rip apart a persons question. Most people would be happy with just the answer to their question and not trying to put them down.

[quote name='Altanis']Agreed 100%. It's gotten to the point now where it's almost easier to just give up. People don't get it. Even the obvious is being missed.

Bottom line: It's not false advertising if the item hasn't been released yet. The person didn't say that the stickers said March 6-12. He said he THOUGHT (key word) that they did. A 6 and an 8 look really similar in the really small font that the stores use for those really small stickers.
Also, there's this amazing key. It should be two away from your "l" key and right next to the enter key. If you push the shift key and this key at the same time, it will create this symbol called an apostrophe. Learn how to use them. Your arguments lose power (unless of course, they are like this one and weak anyway) when you can't type correctly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']No, read it again. He did say the stickers said it was effective march 6-12. That was pretty clear.

Regardless, it was a printing error inside the store and not "false advertising". It's not like they had a sign that said DA2 would also wash and wax your car and you got home and it didn't.

They didn't overcharge him or anything. It simply didn't ring up. (because it wasn't supposed to. )[/QUOTE]
Eh, he had believe in the statement. I didn't read his whinefest closely either just because of the whole "oh noez, they refused to sell me a game before streetdate" cryfest that he was doing.

I'll probably be in Kmart tomorrow. I know the stores print the stickers themselves, but I would imagine that it's sent to them from corporate or something, so if mine has stickers up advertising the deal and they say March 8-12....

Growing a little tired of the reported posts coming out of this thread. Start using the ignore feature or simply move on. This is a global warning to everyone here.

So I just got my SYWR card and plan on getting Crysis 2 at K-mart. My question is do I need to pre-order to get the bonus(I've never pre-ordered at K-mart before so spare me)? And 2nd getting Crysis 2 would net me the 10,000 points(which I believe is $10) and $30 off a 4000 points card too? So essentially getting Crysis 2 and 4000 points for $80?

Hooray for the daily Altanis crusade against someone's report of an experience in the store. :roll:

I thought it was an interesting account. Had the promotion not been hard coded in the cashiering system to be ineffective until the release date, he would have gotten it early. Really, he could have opted to miss the card promotion and gotten it before release date. I find it educational that this small element saved KMart from violating its agreement with the publisher.

Yes. this is ignoring the venom about false advertising. I'm not touching that.

Hello,

There isnt a preorder system with kmart. You can use your points towards your purchase however. You cant use the reward points from crysis 2 on crysis 2 or the points card your buying with crysis 2 however. After that transaction is over you can then use the 10k in points you receive on any purchase you would like.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']So I just got my SYWR card and plan on getting Crysis 2 at K-mart. My question is do I need to pre-order to get the bonus(I've never pre-ordered at K-mart before so spare me)? And 2nd getting Crysis 2 would net me the 10,000 points(which I believe is $10) and $30 off a 4000 points card too? So essentially getting Crysis 2 and 4000 points for $80?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DPsycho']Hooray for the daily Altanis crusade against someone's report of an experience in the store. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, because I crusade against all people that report back that they had a terrible experience at Kmart. :roll:

How many times have I posted myself that a trip to Kmart was horrible? Exactly. I don't give a shit whether people post that their trips to Kmart sucked, that the stores didn't have stuff out, etc. Josh has said himself that sometimes Kmart sucks and people shouldn't shop there. I agree with him completely.

What I do care about is people who try to say it's the store's fault for not selling something to him early because a sticker said one date for something to happen and the system knowing better.

[quote name='ucantcme69']Regardless stickers shouldnt be created for a date before a product is released. That is called false advertisement. In most states there are are laws regarding this. I dont see that he was complaining either. He was just sharing a story and how he was hopeful even though he knew the release date. Im not singling out anyone but this thread like to rip apart peoples comments. If he wanted to be real pushy technically hed be correct with the false advertisement claim. The issue is with most stores is they dont have anyone who runs electronics that knows anything about games. If they did we wouldnt hear as many bad terrible things about kmart regarding a game or deal. Whats worse is that their isnt a corporate crackdown on straightening up the stores. If every store had to be the same in displaying and making the products available or if they finally get a online site live this would fix alot of issues people write in on. I like how Josh has reached out to turn things around but there has to be more backing from a company to actually turn this around. I like shopping at kmart when I actually have a employee able to help me in the first 20 minutes im there and if they know about the deal. To end the rant I dont think the guy should get his comment tore apart when technically he wasnt in the wrong.[/QUOTE]

Shut up.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm surprised he didn't use the phrase "bait and switch" that seems to be a favorite around these forums.[/QUOTE]
Wait, you mean when a store advertises something and they run out of stock, right?

Yes, I'm being sarcastic

[quote name='Altanis']I don't give a shit whether people post that their trips to Kmart sucked, that the stores didn't have stuff out, etc.[/QUOTE]

You do jump in and aggressively defend the chain, though. You do this when people post simple accounts of what they experienced with regard to current deals that may or may not be working for everyone, accounts that are intended to be useful for other people. You occasionally do this for posts of positive experiences and attack them for mentioning some small detail, and you then accuse them of complaining, and if they explain themselves you tell them that the supposed argument is over.

I'm not saying that this is the case in today's instance, as it isn't, but it has been your M.O. of late. If you want to explain to people why they experienced what they did, or perhaps to help them avoid negative experiences with the chain in the future, try to avoid turning it into a grandiose attack on the person.

So the deal for Dragon Age 2 tomorrow is $30 off a $50 PSN card and 10,000 SYWR? So Dragon Age 2 and the $50 PSN card should ring up $79.99 + Tax, correct?

Also, I have no idea what the SYWR points are...are they just reward points, sorta like Best Buy Reward Zone Points? Where do you sign up for it? Sometimes when I check out, the guy working at electronics will ask me if I have a reward card...could I sign up there? Or go to customer service?

[quote name='EducAsian']So the deal for Dragon Age 2 tomorrow is $30 off a $50 PSN card and 10,000 SYWR? So Dragon Age 2 and the $50 PSN card should ring up $79.99 + Tax, correct?

Also, I have no idea what the SYWR points are...are they just reward points, sorta like Best Buy Reward Zone Points? Where do you sign up for it? Sometimes when I check out, the guy working at electronics will ask me if I have a reward card...could I sign up there? Or go to customer service?[/QUOTE]

check the op....and yes its somewhat like BBRZP but better....you can sign up with any kmart employee.....

Youve got it. They are similar to best buy rewards points. If you dont have a card you can sign up at the register before buying or by online. IF you sign up online you wont get your card for quite some time but you can give them the phone number attached to the card when checking out.

[quote name='EducAsian']So the deal for Dragon Age 2 tomorrow is $30 off a $50 PSN card and 10,000 SYWR? So Dragon Age 2 and the $50 PSN card should ring up $79.99 + Tax, correct?

Also, I have no idea what the SYWR points are...are they just reward points, sorta like Best Buy Reward Zone Points? Where do you sign up for it? Sometimes when I check out, the guy working at electronics will ask me if I have a reward card...could I sign up there? Or go to customer service?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bonds25']Anyone going to try the DA2 deal at midnight?[/QUOTE]
If you do, I wish you luck.

The deals don't become active in the registers until like 6am.

Unless this is different for a different state I know no Kmart is 24 hours in my area.
[quote name='bonds25']Anyone going to try the DA2 deal at midnight?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ucantcme69']Unless this is different for a different state I know no Kmart is 24 hours in my area.[/QUOTE]
It also applies to 24 hour stores.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']As I reiterated last night.

Posted on the blog this morning and will update the OP.

Update: As of this morning, when purchasing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 the 25,000 SYWR bonus points will not appear on your receipt. However, the deal is definitely active and the points will post on your account next week due to a system issue we are attempting to resolve. If for some reason your points do not post shoot me a pic of your receipt, mailing address and SYWR reward # and we'll work it out immediately.[/QUOTE]

Josh, I never got the bonus point on this one so I just shot you an e mail. Let me know if you can help out. Thanks.

Do you have to pre order DA2 to get the signature edition , or are the first batch of copies all the same?
I have it pre ordered at gamestop but i hate buying from them and i would like to get the 50$ psn card deal at kmart.

[quote name='daphatty']Growing a little tired of the reported posts coming out of this thread. Start using the ignore feature or simply move on. This is a global warning to everyone here.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

So unless this mod axed part of the thread, I just gotta ask:

Who the hell is wasting their time reporting posts from this thread (and my guess is it's people reporting Altanis since he gets riled up the most here :))? There isn't anything even remotely report worthy and I've never seen an argument escalate enough to get me even wondering if there was a report button.

And seriously, the worst thing I've seen lately is "They won't sell me the game early because an 8 looks like a 6".

[quote name='Ps3akuma']Do you have to pre order DA2 to get the signature edition , or are the first batch of copies all the same?
I have it pre ordered at gamestop but i hate buying from them and i would like to get the 50$ psn card deal at kmart.[/QUOTE]

If you want the Signature Edition you're going to have to stick with GameStop. KMART is NOT receiving them, as it has been said multiple times throughout this thread.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']If you want the Signature Edition you're going to have to stick with GameStop. KMART is NOT receiving them, as it has been said multiple times throughout this thread.[/QUOTE]Ok thanks

[quote name='Rapid4ire']Josh,

I'm planning to pickup DA2 on tues. but NJ Kmart stores don't carry the PSN or XBL point cards. Please advise.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Email him with your receipt information and I believe he will be able to take care of you per what he's said before. If you want to use the search thread function and search for posts by "SHC-Gamer" with the search terms New Jersey or NJ to find out more.

For clarification and avoidance of future confusion on the "false advertising" of DA2 -

The store sticker says that the deal is valid March 6-12, which is technically accurate. However, the game's release date is seperate from the dates the deal is valid. Cheapyd does the same thing when posting weekly ad deals even if the release dates for some of the games on sale arent until a few days after.

They could honestly say that the deal started may 6, 1975 and ends March 12, 2011 and be correct. The poster who attempted to buy DA2 misunderstood the advertisement. It's irrelevant if they had the product in store, the release date given by the publisher is the 8th.

White knighting is annoying.

Going to be doing the MLB11 deal tomorrow morning before work, this week is gonna be crazy with my DA: SE coming from Amazon and MLB coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back