Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wusspuck']went to pick up dragon age UE at kmart in lafeyette,IN. saw they had 5 copies of mario all stars allready out. picked one up, guy selling told me he got these in yesterday. Plus he scaned a 5$ coupon for me. He said they were doing 5$ off any 50$ purchase in lafeyette and indianapolis kmarts , this week only. didn't see differnce between reprint and original release on mario all-stars[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot about this, we have another shot of Mario All Stars Limited Edition arriving this week today and tomorrow. I know these were in high demand last December.

I am just glad we dont have to hear you know who whine about how his name isnt Atlantis, when anyone in their right mind who just glanced at his name could easily draw that conclusion. Sorry for keeping this going for one more post...

Ahhh - feel that everyone? it's so nice to not have anyone on my ignore list anymore. I can start reading this thread again!

Excellent display of authority, Shrike. Keep up the good work, Josh & Andrew!

So i'm really digging the first dragon age but I only have the regular version - anyone think it would be worth it to trade in the original somewhere and pick up the Ultimate Edition for $25?

Is the extra content awesome? Kinda sucks that the original version's DLC has expired, so you can't get the bonus quests/character that they offered at launch.

Looks like about $7 TIV at gamestop and 10.50 on amazon - that's a pretty good TIV at amazon. Would make it about $15 difference to trade up to the ultimate edition.

Opinions? thanks guys.

[quote name='jer7583']So i'm really digging the first dragon age but I only have the regular version - anyone think it would be worth it to trade in the original somewhere and pick up the Ultimate Edition for $25?

Is the extra content awesome? Kinda sucks that the original version's DLC has expired, so you can't get the bonus quests/character that they offered at launch.

Looks like about $7 TIV at gamestop and 10.50 on amazon - that's a pretty good TIV at amazon. Would make it about $15 difference to trade up to the ultimate edition.

Opinions? thanks guys.[/QUOTE]
There is at least 20 hours of extra content (Awakenings being 10, and most of the other stuff being 1-2 hours). I traded-up myself because I figured if i wanted to play it all later, i didn't want to have a hard time finding the UE and buy the content for upwards of $60.

[quote name='jer7583']So i'm really digging the first dragon age but I only have the regular version - anyone think it would be worth it to trade in the original somewhere and pick up the Ultimate Edition for $25?

I totally did this when I got in on one of EA's flash deals. BUT GUESS WHAT? The best place to trade this in right now is Best Buy of all places. They are giving $15 for it still (I did mine over a month ago). Granted, this is assuming that BB credit is worth something to you, or that you could do a price match since it's in the ad (though the price is wrong) to get it there. Word of caution though if you've never traded at Best Buy. It can take a lot longer than GS. It's actually improved a lot as I just took Bulletstorm there yesterday since they were offering $37. Taking just one game wasn't too dreadful.

Sorry to be slightly off topic there but others may want to know that it's definitely a good time to upgrade if you have a BB in your area!

[quote name='confoosious']considering dragon age + awakenings both trade in at $15 each at best buy, to me that's a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I still can't believe that I was able to upgrade for what essentially amounted to $4.

The UE is trading in at Amazon for $28.75

You can install the DLC off the disk and then trade the game in, keeping your original copy. That is if you're comfortable with doing that.

Hmm, now that I am looking for a $50 PSN card, I just saw the Dragon Age 2 deal. Basically now I would be getting dragon age 2 and a $50 PSN for $80+tax. I was going to buy Dragon Age 2 when it got cheap but this deal is good enough for me. Now to hope my K-mart has $50 psn cards.

Is the Dragon Age II deal available online? Just curious in case my stores don't have the PSN cards.

so not sure If I miss this but i dont see it listed/updated ont he front page, josh u working on any discount for the square-enix barrage at the end of the month? U know 3rd birthday, dissidia, et all?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yeah I still can't believe that I was able to upgrade for what essentially amounted to $4.[/QUOTE]

dont you actually make a few bucks in the deal? 25$ at kmart + tax vs $30.

Just wondering, anyone has experience dealing with the SYWR claim service? I'm missing my 10K points from DA2 so I decided to try that first before bothering Josh, but the computer told me that it'll take a month for my purchase to be posted. (It didn't actually say that I'll be getting my points back then)

Should I just wait patiently, or should I still shoot Josh an email?

Yeah I decided to trade my Awakening and DAO in to amazon for $20.50 and since I got DA2 I basically got a $50 PSN, DA2, and DAOUE for $95 total. Not a bad deal at all.

In store only but Josh has said if they dont have a card shoot him a email and he will take care of you.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Hmm, now that I am looking for a $50 PSN card, I just saw the Dragon Age 2 deal. Basically now I would be getting dragon age 2 and a $50 PSN for $80+tax. I was going to buy Dragon Age 2 when it got cheap but this deal is good enough for me. Now to hope my K-mart has $50 psn cards.

Is the Dragon Age II deal available online? Just curious in case my stores don't have the PSN cards.[/QUOTE]

Just picked up DA2 with 4000 MS Points for 82.XX

Took a while to get the card to scan, had to try four different ones and get a team leader out to the register to do it. They told me that they usually have problems scanning those types of cards and that other Kmarts do as well.

Anybody else experience this? Not upset that it took so long, staff was very helpful, just wondering if it's truly the case.

[quote name='n1c0']Just wondering, anyone has experience dealing with the SYWR claim service? I'm missing my 10K points from DA2 so I decided to try that first before bothering Josh, but the computer told me that it'll take a month for my purchase to be posted. (It didn't actually say that I'll be getting my points back then)

Should I just wait patiently, or should I still shoot Josh an email?[/QUOTE]
Send Josh an email. Explain the situation regarding the claim and such to him, and he'll make sure you're taken care of. FWIW, I was in a similar situation and he made it all right in the end.

Just got back from my Kmart after snagging DA2 and a $50 PSN card , reg cashier thought she had trouble with me saying the PSN card was only $20 when I purchase the DA2 but It got cleared right up :)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Send Josh an email. Explain the situation regarding the claim and such to him, and he'll make sure you're taken care of. FWIW, I was in a similar situation and he made it all right in the end.[/QUOTE]
Never a bother! Email away!

My local K-mart said for the Pokemon bundle they would only honor for Black since that is what is in the physical ad. What can I do? I bought the Black bundle and got White free. I want to take White back and get Gold, then buy a White bundle and get Silver. After seeing my DSi my wife wants one. This is at store 4848.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah I decided to trade my Awakening and DAO in to amazon for $20.50 and since I got DA2 I basically got a $50 PSN, DA2, and DAOUE for $95 total. Not a bad deal at all.[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Yeah, I was looking forward to this promo.

EA told me that DAII is up big time to DAO by the way.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']My local K-mart said for the Pokemon bundle they would only honor for Black since that is what is in the physical ad. What can I do? I bought the Black bundle and got White free. I want to take White back and get Gold, then buy a White bundle and get Silver. After seeing my DSi my wife wants one. This is at store 4848.[/QUOTE]
It will ring up correctly, the only reason why White is not in the ad is because Nintendo did not give us enough to advertise it so it only went to select stores. You could also refer them to Kmartgamer.com which is featured in the weekly ad and calls out the offer.

[quote name='nbballard']There is at least 20 hours of extra content (Awakenings being 10, and most of the other stuff being 1-2 hours). I traded-up myself because I figured if i wanted to play it all later, i didn't want to have a hard time finding the UE and buy the content for upwards of $60.[/QUOTE]
I haven't played Awakenings, is it worth it?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Hmm, now that I am looking for a $50 PSN card, I just saw the Dragon Age 2 deal. Basically now I would be getting dragon age 2 and a $50 PSN for $80+tax. I was going to buy Dragon Age 2 when it got cheap but this deal is good enough for me. Now to hope my K-mart has $50 psn cards.

Is the Dragon Age II deal available online? Just curious in case my stores don't have the PSN cards.[/QUOTE]
It is not available online, if they do not have the cards I'm using a $20 gift card as a sub.

[quote name='kennedykougar']so not sure If I miss this but i dont see it listed/updated ont he front page, josh u working on any discount for the square-enix barrage at the end of the month? U know 3rd birthday, dissidia, et all?[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong, but I believe that the last we've been told about PSP games is that if they retail for more than $20, KMart won't stock them. They simply weren't selling in the past.

I just got DA2 and my 4000 point card from store 4147 without any hassle. I've never had a problem there and they actually seem happy to see me since I come in pretty frequently. I'd love to see this store get some sort of recognition for their great customer service.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I haven't played Awakenings, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it either, but I am playing Dragon Age Origins a 2nd time as I type this due to forgetting a bulk of the story, losing my save file due to it being protected on the PS3 so I wasn't able to back it up, and all the added DLC in the Ultimate Edition. I forgot how great the game is, I'm just barely starting it (maybe 1 hour into it) and I realize now why I wanted DA2 as much as I did. Glad I traded mu DAO and Awakening in and got the UE.

[quote name='Indignate']Just picked up DA2 with 4000 MS Points for 82.XX

Took a while to get the card to scan, had to try four different ones and get a team leader out to the register to do it. They told me that they usually have problems scanning those types of cards and that other Kmarts do as well.

Anybody else experience this? Not upset that it took so long, staff was very helpful, just wondering if it's truly the case.[/QUOTE]

Actually, yes. I had this problem with the Dead Space 2 promo and had to email Josh for a $20 gift card. The cashier told me they had been experiencing problems activating PSN/Xbox Live points cards and as a result, couldn't sell them. Something must have gotten fixed though as I didn't have a problem getting a $50 PSN card with Dragon Age 2 yesterday.

Meh, probably not. I loved Origins and cruised through it over the first couple of weeks of my summer vacation (I'm a teacher). Immediately after I finished, I picked up Awakenings and was disappointed. It was too easy, and the story was lame. I couldn't wait to start playing it, but by the end I was bored.

Just purchased Dragon Age 2 and $50 PSN card for $79.99 plus tax. I used 15,000 SYWR points and I did get the 10,000 SYWR points as well. All in all, perfect hassle-free transaction! :)

no $50 psn cards in san ysidro kmart, sent an email to josh for $20 gift card, and also didnt get my 10k reward points, cashier didnt know anything about these deals

Excuse me. Did Mister SHC ever clarify the amount of affiliates you need to be "opted in" with to receive the SYW rewards offers?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It is not available online, if they do not have the cards I'm using a $20 gift card as a sub.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, I will check tomorrow. I need the PSN card and if they don't have it I wont do the deal.

Does anyone know how long it takes for non-video game specific Bonus Points to post to your SYWR account? I received an email last week saying that I would receive 5X points on my next purchase through last Saturday. I made a purchase on Friday, but only received the standard points for it. The transaction is listed in my history in my SYWR account but no bonus points are showing.

I went back to Kmart after being denied the day before. After a stock check of the store by Andrew aka StockBoy I would not be denied. Long story short walked winning with DA2 and 4k MS points. The sales associate Adam was a big help.

Josh and Andrew, you guys fuckin rock! :applause:

Why isn't the $14.99 price for Yakuza 3 in the OP?
I'd think that would be a pretty prominent price drop for this game...

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yakuza Promo - so a lot of people are expressing concern to Josh and I about Yakuza 3 availability and I just wanted to assure everyone that it will be in stores later this week as it is shipping in with Yakuza 4. Kmart was not already carrying Yakuza 3 widespread before this launch promotion was going to start.

So all stores are supposed to have it by Friday this week.[/QUOTE]

Are the new shipments going to be shrink wrapped with Yakuza 4, reserved for those buying Yakuza 4, or will customers still be able to purchase Yakuza 3 for $14.99 by itself?

Or is this why Yakuza 3 is now $14.99 so that if the store is out of stock the compensation difference for it not being in stock is not that much?

How long those it take for the points to show up on my account. Purchased the show 11 yesterday. Just checked and it says i have 0 points.

can someone find out if the store in Avenel NJ (#3438) has Dragon age 2 for either Xbox360 or PS3? I went on Tue and today (wed) they are not in the case.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Why isn't the $14.99 price for Yakuza 3 in the OP?
I'd think that would be a pretty prominent price drop for this game...

Are the new shipments going to be shrink wrapped with Yakuza 4, reserved for those buying Yakuza 4, or will customers still be able to purchase Yakuza 3 for $14.99 by itself?

Or is this why Yakuza 3 is now $14.99 so that if the store is out of stock the compensation difference for it not being in stock is not that much?
[/QUOTE]

Obviously it would be foolish for a retailer to give away games that cost $39.99 (or more) for free- hence the price-drop.

The Kmart store in Tampa FL on Dale Mabry has Batman: Arkham Asylum for $19.99. There was a tag on the outside of the game display cabinet case advertising this. I pick up the Xbox 360 GOTY edition for that price yesterday. It rang up as more but the clerk read the tag on the display & adjusted it to $19.99. They had 1 more xbox GOTY edition left plus a regular edition & in PS3 they only had the regular edition.

[quote name='He4vyMetaL']The Kmart store in Tampa FL on Dale Mabry has Batman: Arkham Asylum for $19.99. There was a tag on the outside of the game display cabinet case advertising this. I pick up the Xbox 360 GOTY edition for that price yesterday. It rang up as more but the clerk read the tag on the display & adjusted it to $19.99. They had 1 more xbox GOTY edition left plus a regular edition & in PS3 they only had the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

The employee shouldn't have done that since the GotY version wasn't the one that's $19.99.

I thought Awakening was great. I just played it last weekend in preparation for DA2. Obviously it was quite a bit shorter than Origins, but I thought the story was great and the boss at the end was quite memorable. I picked it up for $20 at some point, and it was well worth it to me.

[quote name='Aenima1287']How long those it take for the points to show up on my account. Purchased the show 11 yesterday. Just checked and it says i have 0 points.[/QUOTE]

it should show on your reciept right away

[quote name='nietzsche74']Obviously it would be foolish for a retailer to give away games that cost $39.99 (or more) for free- hence the price-drop.[/QUOTE]

Your reply made no sense and answered nothing.

It has nothing to do with 'giving it away' if anything they are planning ahead in reducing the price, thus limiting their loss if they have to compensate those that were unable to get the 'free' game.

But let's let the guys who know what they are talking about answer it...mkay.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The employee shouldn't have done that since the GotY version wasn't the one that's $19.99.[/QUOTE]

How do you know that the GOTY version was not on the one that's supposed to be $19.99?

[quote name='He4vyMetaL']How do you know that the GOTY version was not on the one that's supposed to be $19.99?[/QUOTE]

It was listed as such in the OP, and I'm pretty sure it was a deal that ended Saturday.

you know everything is while supplies last right? so josh offering to compensate anyone is more of a courtesy.

So... the conspiracy theory of dropping the price down on yakuza 3 just to "limit their loss" is pretty foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back