Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Homefront kinda looks like it's going to be a very mediocre single player corridor guys pop out at you shooter. Missed opportunity here to go all out Red Dawn style and have a kind of Far Cry 2 open world to defend and do missions in.

Or more like that old game Freedom Fighters on PS2/XB/Cube - I loved that game.

Sounds like more than anything they're going after the call of duty crowd by making another one of those multiplayer games that more or less steals everything from call of duty and adds a few gimmicks to get the CoD fans to play it for a month before going back to black ops.

If you like yakuza you know what that's about. There isn't a great deal of variety in those games either.

[quote name='jer7583']Homefront kinda looks like it's going to be a very mediocre single player corridor guys pop out at you shooter. Missed opportunity here to go all out Red Dawn style and have a kind of Far Cry 2 open world to defend and do missions in.

Or more like that old game Freedom Fighters on PS2/XB/Cube - I loved that game.

Sounds like more than anything they're going after the call of duty crowd by making another one of those multiplayer games that more or less steals everything from call of duty and adds a few gimmicks to get the CoD fans to play it for a month before going back to black ops.

If you like yakuza you know what that's about. There isn't a great deal of variety in those games either.[/QUOTE]
I was really hoping Homefront would be cool; still have my fingers crossed that the atmosphere will be cool enough to support the experience.

Homefront has a 6 hour campaign mode.. definite rental.. though the deal is tempting. I think I'll save my points for Crysis 2, though.

[quote name='thawhip']There are a couple of early reviews for Homefront & it's a mixed bag. For Yakuza however, IGN posted a mediocre review here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1154748p1.html.

You're right though, they're both great deals.[/QUOTE]

I will probably enjoy Yakuza a LoT more than Black ops, the self proclaimed the most sale in the country, which I sell after playing 5 time.....

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was really hoping Homefront would be cool; still have my fingers crossed that the atmosphere will be cool enough to support the experience.[/QUOTE]
Have you played Homefront? It looks like a Black Ops clone and not really a MW2 clone from the footage I've seen but that may just be low res stuff.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was really hoping Homefront would be cool; still have my fingers crossed that the atmosphere will be cool enough to support the experience.[/QUOTE]

:(

Do you not recommend this game?!?!

BTW you CAGers w/ animated avatars suck!
Takes forever for my screen to load on my smartphone...........I hate the mobile version of this website!

Absolutely love the atmosphere and story - the problem is all these developers just putting out CoD style "run down this corridor (disguised as a totally epic and vast battlefield/play area!) and dudes will pop out at scripted intervals" single player design.

I wish more devs would do the Halo style of sandbox FPS design. Makes the games much more fun to replay and keeps you playing when you get killed.

Just really sick of everyone copying call of duty for single player - Multiplayer is whatever, it's great. I just hate the Call of Duty single player design. Games like Far Cry 2, Stalker, and Halo are much more interesting to me.

There's gotta be more to FPS design than putting in iron sights and enemies that have no AI.

[quote name='aznhero913']:(

Do you not recommend this game?!?!

BTW you CAGers w/ animated avatars suck!
Takes forever for my screen to load on my smartphone...........I hate the mobile version of this website![/QUOTE]
I have not played it, only seen a bunch of vids. I have liked what I've seen but until I get my hands on it, I can't recommend it either way just yet.

Multiplayer looks great I just don't play these kind of games in multiplayer that much anymore.

[quote name='jer7583']I wish more devs would do the Halo style of sandbox FPS design. Makes the games much more fun to replay and keeps you playing when you get killed.[/QUOTE]
How do you figure that? Every Halo games has only disguised its linearity by making the area you fight in vast and open. It's by no means anything I'd consider a sandbox. The reason sandbox FPS titles don't seem to fare well is that it's impossible to keep the tight, fast pacing people are used to and enjoy. I like Far Cry 2, but man that game drags its feet so badly that I never had the will to finish it.

I think all these upcoming/recent games are pretty bleh. I just cant get excited for any of them. Bulletstorm, Killzone, Dragon Age, Homefront, Crysis, Yakuza, Motorstorm...yawn.

Am excited for Mortal Kombat, Lego Pirates, Infamous 2, and of course the best game of the first half of the year: LA Noire

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']How do you figure that? Every Halo games has only disguised its linearity by making the area you fight in vast and open. It's by no means anything I'd consider a sandbox. The reason sandbox FPS titles don't seem to fare well is that it's impossible to keep the tight, fast pacing people are used to and enjoy. I like Far Cry 2, but man that game drags its feet so badly that I never had the will to finish it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the minority but I HATE sandbox games. I want to be told a story and entertained in a tightly knit structure. I don't mind quests and sidequests if they have some structure. I just don't like "roam wherever you want, it's a big world" kind of deal.

I guess this is why i like DS and DS2 so much. It was all about experience and pulse quickening.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm in the minority but I HATE sandbox games. I want to be told a story and entertained in a tightly knit structure. I don't mind quests and sidequests if they have some structure. I just don't like "roam wherever you want, it's a big world" kind of deal.

I guess this is why i like DS and DS2 so much. It was all about experience and pulse quickening.[/QUOTE]
So, pretty much agree with you 100%. Even with Red Dead I found the pacing to be tough just based on the sandbox structure.

Definitely just a personal preference, but I definitely prefer script over sandbox. But then again, I do not replay games much either.

it's not just the design of the spaces it's the AI and the means by which you have to attack dudes.

"tight, fast pacing people are used to and enjoy" just means that the game plays out the exact same way every time. Call of Duty's enemies are barely a step above DOOM enemies, intelligence wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-5ijd5FKm0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DNsX96WHpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q62vnow9PnM

The reason they make these games like call of duty is because it's easier to design a game where you run down a series of hallways with pretty decorations and script enemies to pop out of corners and windows and program them to shoot at you vs actually having to design interesting encounters and enemies that react to the player. Single player is an afterthought for most of these games anyway - they need it to be there but they know most people don't care cause they just want to play multiplayer. You can only play so many of them before they all start to feel the same though.

[quote name='jer7583']it's not just the design of the spaces it's the AI and the means by which you have to attack dudes.

"tight, fast pacing people are used to and enjoy" just means that the game plays out the exact same way every time. Call of Duty's enemies are barely a step above DOOM enemies, intelligence wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-5ijd5FKm0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DNsX96WHpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q62vnow9PnM

The reason they make these games like call of duty is because it's easier to design a game where you run down a series of hallways with pretty decorations and script enemies to pop out of corners and windows and program them to shoot at you vs actually having to design interesting encounters and enemies that react to the player. Single player is an afterthought for most of these games anyway - they need it to be there but they know most people don't care cause they just want to play multiplayer. You can only play so many of them before they all start to feel the same though.[/QUOTE]
Very good points

[quote name='confoosious']I'm in the minority but I HATE sandbox games. I want to be told a story and entertained in a tightly knit structure. I don't mind quests and sidequests if they have some structure. I just don't like "roam wherever you want, it's a big world" kind of deal.

I guess this is why i like DS and DS2 so much. It was all about experience and pulse quickening.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about quests and sidequests and no structure, I'm talking about the moment to moment gameplay having variety and being dynamic vs being a shooting gallery.

[quote name='ShockandAww'] and of course the best game of the first half of the year: LA Noire[/QUOTE]

I know I havent played L.A. Noire but its going to be hard for it to dethrone Dead Space 2 as my favorite game of the first half, the end of the year however is ridiculous. Really hoping for some nice K-Mart deals to get me through the holliday season, at least 15 games that are announced from sept-november I want, not to mention the possibilities of Gears Epic edition and a gears xbox.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I know I havent played L.A. Noire but its going to be hard for it to dethrone Dead Space 2 as my favorite game of the first half, the end of the year however is ridiculous. Really hoping for some nice K-Mart deals to get me through the holliday season, at least 15 games that are announced from sept-november I want, not to mention the possibilities of Gears Epic edition and a gears xbox.[/QUOTE]
Dead Space 2 is an awesome game. The only one Ive really played and enjoyed so far this year. I still think LA Noire will be better for me at least just because I'm really into story in games and I guess it's just more my type of game.

And yeah by the end of 2011 people will have forgotten all about the first half except for a couple of standout games. Batman, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Battlefield...the last few months are going to be nuts.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 fans should check out the team spooky stream (sponsored by CAG!) going on right now for Final Found in Atlanta.

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky#/w/958886592

Tangentially related to kmart.. we all bought MvC3 there, right? ;)

I do hope homefront gets good reviews but I think they missed an opportunity to make the single player have a little more overarching strategic gameplay.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Dead Space 2 is an awesome game. The only one Ive really played and enjoyed so far this year. I still think LA Noire will be better for me at least just because I'm really into story in games and I guess it's just more my type of game.

And yeah by the end of 2011 people will have forgotten all about the first half except for a couple of standout games. Batman, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Battlefield...the last few months are going to be nuts.[/QUOTE]

Im the same way, I have to have a good story in the games I play, which is why I am looking forward to LA Noire. Ive never been a huge MP gamer, I really dislike the COD franchise. Like Demon Souls, hailed as one of the best games in 09, but I just couldnt get into it because the story was pretty much non-existent.

We're on the same page here, I think, though I don't hate sandbox games. They're just not my first choice. I'm a huge fan of good stories in games, and wish more would try harder at developing one. I was going to write a blog post all about storytelling and such, but my browser ate it and I've since been too disheartened to retype it. Stupid Firefox crashing...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']So, pretty much agree with you 100%. Even with Red Dead I found the pacing to be tough just based on the sandbox structure.

Definitely just a personal preference, but I definitely prefer script over sandbox. But then again, I do not replay games much either.[/QUOTE]
Don't know about anyone else, but I feel like Red Dead could have cut a lot of the Mexican second act and been the better for it. Game really dragged through there to me and I couldn't stand the characters, except one.

I'm hoping more games will come out in the vein of Heavy Rain. Plot problems aside, that someone could finally tap into some emotions, and finally have a plot with more depth than "Kill the bad dudes," was wonderful.

[quote name='jer7583']it's not just the design of the spaces it's the AI and the means by which you have to attack dudes.

"tight, fast pacing people are used to and enjoy" just means that the game plays out the exact same way every time. Call of Duty's enemies are barely a step above DOOM enemies, intelligence wise.[/QUOTE]
If there's one thing you'll never hear me defend, it's Call of Duty's AI. I'd have given Black Ops a 7 or 8 because when I played it on Veteran, the bad design or AI problems were compounded so badly that it made it a gorram slog to get through. That Vietnam level where you run down the hill? Someone at Treyarch needs a baseball bat to the jewels for that one. Infinite enemies with Snipe-O-Vision, braindead allies, and unexplained objectives made me want to weep, and then die.

[quote name='jer7583']The reason they make these games like call of duty is because it's easier to design a game where you run down a series of hallways with pretty decorations and script enemies to pop out of corners and windows and program them to shoot at you vs actually having to design interesting encounters and enemies that react to the player. Single player is an afterthought for most of these games anyway - they need it to be there but they know most people don't care cause they just want to play multiplayer. You can only play so many of them before they all start to feel the same though.[/QUOTE]
I feel you on them feeling the same lately, believe me. But linear isn't a dirty word in game design, and there's nothing wrong with scripted sequences and run n' gunning in hallways. The problem is that many games implement those in poor ways. Since COD4 really gave those concepts a good shot in the arm, they've once again stagnated because no one's done anything interesting with them. Give it time, though.

Maybe I'm just an apologist for linear games, but I feel there's a place for them when they're done well.

So I suppose it's way too early to be asking about this, but what are the chances that we'll be carrying Battlefield 3 PC? Its console presence gives me hope that we'll get all three versions. Despite it almost certainly requiring me to partially rebuild my PC, it's my single most anticipated title of this year.

Red Orchestra 2 looks neat too, but I'd highly doubt it would be stocked as it will be a PC only title and presumably more niche considering its level of realism.

I think Battlefield 3 will be a major title for pc on the level of Starcraft 2 - Kmart would be silly not to carry it.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, did you get the email I sent yesterday regarding following up my GC issue? I sent it at 12:28pm.[/QUOTE]Josh, you don't have to worry about this issue--I just got the GC in the mail today! Thanks for all of your help! :applause:

Stopped today to see if they had Yakuza 3, they didn't, but peaking out from behind the Xbox 360 games was a Metal Gear Solid collection which I grabbed despite of the $30 price tag only to be even happier when it rung up $20. :D

How soon after I buy something can I use my SYWR Points? Say I buy MLB 11: The Show (Offer 15,000 SYWR Points) today. Right after I purchase it can I go buy something else & use those points right away as in within a minute of the initial purchase?

[quote name='He4vyMetaL']How soon after I buy something can I use my SYWR Points? Say I buy MLB 11: The Show (Offer 15,000 SYWR Points) today. Right after I purchase it can I go buy something else & use those points right away as in within a minute of the initial purchase?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Assuming you are opted in and get the points right away, you can then use them immediately.

Picked up The Pokemon Black/White deal today. Rang up just fine.
They had not put the games out until I asked about them.
Store 3359 Gardendale , Al

• :ps3: 3-15 Playstation Heroes offer 10,000 SYWR
This game actually comes out a week later on 3-22 for anyone looking to pick it up. Didnt want anyone to get confused.

Well Josh, looks like Best Buy is finally ramping up to compete with the K-Mart sales. The fact you can pre-order games at Best Buy might tend to yank people away a little bit, with the sales. Would be nice to get a pre-order program for K-Mart.

Best Buy finally realizes that advertising games for MSRP and training employees to sell $250 HDMI cables and overpriced warranties isn't going to work forever.

[quote name='jer7583']Best Buy finally realizes that advertising games for MSRP and training employees to sell $250 HDMI cables and overpriced warranties isn't going to work forever.[/QUOTE]

True enough, although I doubt Gamesop will, since they make most their money off the Used market.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Well Josh, looks like Best Buy is finally ramping up to compete with the K-Mart sales. The fact you can pre-order games at Best Buy might tend to yank people away a little bit, with the sales. Would be nice to get a pre-order program for K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

You've been able to preorder games at BB for a long time.

Well, I went in to my local K-mart this afternoon and there was someone who was offering people to sign up for SWYR cards. I of course went in specifically for that (plus get on the DAII + PSN card deal) and she was so chipper. She was a pleasure to be around with and wasn't pushy. Not to mention anyone who was passing by she was trying to make smile. I unfortunately do not remember her name, but this was at the K-mart in the Crofton Center in MD.

She did remind me to tell people at the counter to complete the sign in verification right away so as to get any points from today's purchase. I then proceeded to electronics. Wanted to make sure they had PSN cards and DAII. They were out of the 360 cards but plenty of PSN cards. Grabbed one and headed to the counter where a nice gentleman was there. I asked him if I could get a game, he said sure. Followed me and grabbed me my game and we went to check out.

At check out I saw the game ring in and the card ring in at $50 and told him that it should be $20. He said it was, and showed me on his system that it was only charging me $80 total. I did tell him I just got the card and said "Oh I need to put you in the system and then did say that I would need to opt in for e-mails so I could get the points" I said go ahead.

He did, redid everything. Got my points, my game, my card and left very happy. Sorry I forgot their name, but I think they deserve their props whoever was working electronics and whoever was doing the SYWR up front on 3/12 at around noon or so.

[quote name='seanr1221']You've been able to preorder games at BB for a long time.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't suggesting that this is new to Best Buy. He was suggesting it as what KMart needs to implement, and he's entirely correct.

[quote name='seanr1221']You've been able to preorder games at BB for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I am aware, but the point I was trying to make was the fact that K-Mart doesn't and that with similar sales more people would be inclined to go with Best Buy because of their pre-order program and not having to worry about rushing down to their local K-Mart in efforts to land a copy of a game and worrying if they actually have it out available for sale. Alot of that was implied but I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Edit: DPsycho knows whats up.

Implementing pre-ordering into K-Mart would be awesome. They could do like what they did for Epic Mickey, with the pre-order boxes.

Either way, if it is created, I'd practically have no reason to go anywhere else to get newer games/PSN cards. (Maybe a larger area to display games, more updating on older game prices, and cleaner stores would help; but that's all arbitrary.)

So I went into kart today and saw they already had Homefront out.
A.) Can I buy it already?
B.) If I can buy will I be able to get points card with it?

[quote name='dapunisure']So I went into kart today and saw they already had Homefront out.
A.) Can I buy it already?
B.) If I can buy will I be able to get points card with it?[/QUOTE]

no, the system is setup to alert the cashier that it doesn't go on sale yet and also the register doesn't allow the transaction to go through..

p.s. hi everybody :D, was gone for a while (not like anyone notice) and see that altanis is no more lol. if only he tone down is responses, he really wasn't that horriable... but anyways excited for this upcoming Tuesday :D, grabbed DA2 and the card just fine :)

Does anyone know if Kmart actually got copies of Radiant Historia? My guess would be no but Atlus shows them as a retailer in their newsletter.

I'm interested in Homefront this coming week.

How can I tell if the deal is going to be available at my store ahead of time? I didn't see it anywhere already and was thinking about a pre-order from Amazon otherwise since I already have credit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back