Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']What page, the OP? I can see it just fine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I need to hit 500 likes on Facebook to migrate my page with a Facebook.com/kmartgamer

I apologize for the spam but I'm definitely getting some internal pressure to get there in order for the Facebook admins to make the change.[/QUOTE]

That Page. Tried going to and it doesn't exist. I copy pasted if that makes a difference.

edit: It does, used some google-fu and found out the link is Facebook.com/SHCgamer for people who copy paste like me =p

[quote name='medetron']which is like 95% of the people? really who doesn't buy a lunch title for a new hardware.. how else are you going to try out the new 3d without a new game? what you expect to buy the 3ds and then a game in a few months? hardware in general have never really had a sale when it comes out so the fact that people expect a coupon or discount is ridiculous..[/QUOTE]
I must also be in that 5% of the people. Not a single launch title appeals to me at all, but there are plenty of games coming out eventually for the 3DS that I will want to get. I couldn't care less about trying out the new 3D right away, but it would have been nice to get the system at a discount before a shortage kicks in, and let's face it, Nintendo always creates shortages with their systems. Remember how hard it was to get a Wii and an original DS at launch?

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']That Page. Tried going to and it doesn't exist. I copy pasted if that makes a difference.

edit: It does, used some google-fu and found out the link is Facebook.com/SHCgamer for people who copy paste like me =p[/QUOTE]
Gotcha, I should have clarified, we are trying to make a facebook.com/kmartgamer; Facebook needs us to hit a like total though in order to switch it from facebook.com/shcgamer

[quote name='Kain']I must also be in that 5% of the people. Not a single launch title appeals to me at all, but there are plenty of games coming out eventually for the 3DS that I will want to get. I couldn't care less about trying out the new 3D right away, but it would have been nice to get the system at a discount before a shortage kicks in, and let's face it, Nintendo always creates shortages with their systems. Remember how hard it was to get a Wii and an original DS at launch?[/QUOTE]
I will say that attach rate at launch is a big deal for Nintendo if that provides further context into the offer.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will say that attach rate at launch is a big deal for Nintendo if that provides further context into the offer.[/QUOTE]

I think the launch deal is fantastic; but as usual, I'm concerned with stock being available on Sunday morning and at what amount it will be available. :(

[quote name='Rodster']Is the insane PS3 160GB bundle with MLB 11 The Show and or Killzone 3 still going on? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No. That was just from 3/8 (the date The Show came out) through the following Saturday, 3/12.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I need to hit 500 likes on Facebook to migrate my page with a Facebook.com/kmartgamer

I apologize for the spam but I'm definitely getting some internal pressure to get there in order for the Facebook admins to make the change.[/QUOTE]

I don't use facebook but I'll ask my friends, wife, and her friends to "like" shcgamer when I get home tonight........

hope it helps.

I guess the 3DS deal is pretty good but......i think ill stick with my #1 Pre-Order spot at Gamestop. Dont feel like dealing with the K-Mart mob.

Wish they had something on just the games though. After playing Pilot Wings today, it just got added to my list of must buys.

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']Can SYWR points be spent without the card on hand? Can they find your name in the system and spend them that way?[/QUOTE]

They can look you up by phone number

[quote name='Kain']I must also be in that 5% of the people. Not a single launch title appeals to me at all, but there are plenty of games coming out eventually for the 3DS that I will want to get. I couldn't care less about trying out the new 3D right away, but it would have been nice to get the system at a discount before a shortage kicks in, and let's face it, Nintendo always creates shortages with their systems. Remember how hard it was to get a Wii and an original DS at launch?[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks. I didn't think I was being unreasonable by saying that I wanted to buy the system at launch without buying the launch titles. After all, it is backwards compatible, and the some high interest game will be out soon. I just figured that I'd buy the system now if there was some sort of promo that grabbed me. There isn't. I'm not complaining, and I'm not faulting Josh. For those who plan on buying launch titles, it's a good promo.

I had been planning to buy it launch ever since I heard about it last year, but now I will wait.

[quote name='mgford11']I think the launch deal is fantastic; but as usual, I'm concerned with stock being available on Sunday morning and at what amount it will be available. :([/QUOTE]

Email stock boy - he helped me find the stores that were receiving the most units in my area. Just give addresses for the stores you're considering.

I will say the numbers were higher than I thought. 22 or so at the store getting the most. only 10 at the store getting the least.

Had a chance to try out the 3DS at wal-mart earlier and really didn't like it, personally dislike 3D and how gimicky it feels altogether and there really aren't any games coming out for it announced I'm interested in and the fact the DS emulation isn't too hot. So I think I'll wait and see what is announced for the NGP.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Had a chance to try out the 3DS at wal-mart earlier and really didn't like it, personally dislike 3D and how gimicky it feels altogether and there really aren't any games coming out for it announced I'm interested in and the fact the DS emulation isn't too hot. So I think I'll wait and see what is announced for the NGP.[/QUOTE]

This review is completely unhelpful to me. It's like saying, well, I dislike rock music but let me tell you my thoughts on the new Strokes album.

Has anyone who doesn't have preconceived biases against 3D checked it out yet? I haven't seen it in any of the stores yet. And the GS dude told me they wouldn't get their demo unit till after launch.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Had a chance to try out the 3DS at wal-mart earlier and really didn't like it, personally dislike 3D and how gimicky it feels altogether and there really aren't any games coming out for it announced I'm interested in and the fact the DS emulation isn't too hot. So I think I'll wait and see what is announced for the NGP.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know they had demo units out already. I am very skeptical about the whole thing so I definitely must try it out before even considering a purchase. Might go check my local Wal-Marts tomorrow. Even if I like it, I highly doubt I will pay $250.

[quote name='confoosious']This review is completely unhelpful to me. It's like saying, well, I dislike rock music but let me tell you my thoughts on the new Strokes album.

Has anyone who doesn't have preconceived biases against 3D checked it out yet? I haven't seen it in any of the stores yet. And the GS dude told me they wouldn't get their demo unit till after launch.[/QUOTE]

LOL very true. :lol:

I would like to get some unbiased opinions as well about the 3DS as i'm now on the fence whether or not to drop $300 bills (unit plus a game) knowing the NGP should be out later this year.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I hope you emailed Ad Monster this one! Even though you had to purchase it somewhere else I want to make sure you are taken care of for the inconvenience and that we address the issue with the store.[/QUOTE]

Who is AD Monster?

[quote name='Saix_XIII'] A review is from that persons perspective so it's always going to be biased.[/QUOTE]

well obviously. :roll:

But you don't send Lester Bangs to review a Lil Wayne concert. (Not the least of which is that he's dead.)

[quote name='confoosious']well obviously. :roll:

But you don't send Lester Bangs to review a Lil Wayne concert. (Not the least of which is that he's dead.)[/QUOTE]
I can only imagine what he would have to say about Lil Wayne...

Josh, I apologize if anyone has asked this recently but are there any deals on PSPs coming up? Ever since the drop, I've had the itch to get a GoW or MGS bundle and I am tired of waiting on Warehouse Deals.
EDIT: Also, liked your FB page.

I'm torn between the K-Maet deal and My Gamestop pre-order. I have the pre-order paid off and I'd rather not deal with a potential crowd, short supply or getting up early vs staying up late like I do any ways. Still it's hard to pass up a free $25.

3D isn't the reason I'm buying the 3DS. I just want a DS with better looking games and the handheld virtual console. I'm looking forward to the 3D and hope games will use it well, but it's not the biggest factor in my purchasing decision.

Somehow, I get the feeling that my nearest KMart isn't going to have people lined up at the door for the launch. Probably just me and another CAG or two. KMart just doesn't strike me as part of the plan for rabid early adopters.

[quote name='omyard']I'm torn between the K-Maet deal and My Gamestop pre-order. I have the pre-order paid off and I'd rather not deal with a potential crowd, short supply or getting up early vs staying up late like I do any ways. Still it's hard to pass up a free $25.

3D isn't the reason I'm buying the 3DS. I just want a DS with better looking games and the handheld virtual console. I'm looking forward to the 3D and hope games will use it well, but it's not the biggest factor in my purchasing decision.[/QUOTE]

Go to kmart first, see if it works out - then afterwards stop by gamestop and when they ask why you're canceling just slap that kmart receipt on the counter. lol.

[quote name='jer7583']Go to kmart first, see if it works out - then afterwards stop by gamestop and when they ask why you're canceling just slap that kmart receipt on the counter. lol.[/QUOTE]

That's what I would do, personally would rather save the money. Convenience of their pre-order model, can cancel anytime.

I personally doubt there will be a rush to K-Mart either, everytime I talk to someone about the deals, I always get, "They're still around? I thought they went out of business."

I was in gamestop on Tuesday and a customer was buying homefront, I told her about the free points, which she was also buying, and she said the above to me as well as I dont feel like driving down to kmart. This gamestop is in the same shopping center as K-mart.... Kinda funny that she was bitching about gas prices too while talking to the gamestop employee.

Chalking it up to people being retarded.

"People still pre-order? I thought every game was manufactured in reasonable quantities!"

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I personally doubt there will be a rush to K-Mart either, everytime I talk to someone about the deals, I always get, "They're still around? I thought they went out of business."[/QUOTE]
I think there's going to be enough of a rush I'll have to go to the store relatively early, but maybe it won't so bad that I'll have to camp out or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HakurenKyo06']

I was in gamestop on Tuesday and a customer was buying homefront, I told her about the free points, which she was also buying, and she said the above to me as well as I dont feel like driving down to kmart. This gamestop is in the same shopping center as K-mart.... Kinda funny that she was bitching about gas prices too while talking to the gamestop employee.

Chalking it up to people being retarded.[/QUOTE]

The state of our country is all the proof you need that most Americans are absolutely retarded with their money.

I'm far from perfect--I make too many impulse purchases here--but it kills me when people complain about money but then go out to eat a couple of times a week. Tax refunds, too. I love how people get the idea that it's somehow free money that they HAVE to spend. OK, maybe spend a portion of it, but SAVE the rest of it!

[quote name='iPhone']Does anyone know if the deal for Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition for this week was canceled?[/QUOTE]
iPod or iPad might know. They sometimes post here.

[quote name='iPhone']Does anyone know if the deal for Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition for this week was canceled?[/QUOTE]

if its not in the op's upcoming release i highly doubt it, plus i don't think i heard anything else being offered other then the release week on this title

To anyone who wants an unbias'd review. I played it for like 20 minutes at Best Buy today (Pilot Wings), was fun as hell. The console was fairly light (Like, somewhere between the DS Lite and DSi), and I had the 3-D Cranked at about 50% and it looked amazing. (Though, at 100%, my eyes started burning and i think i went crosseyed). Literally looked like early PS2/Gamecube quality graphics in your hand. The D-Pad was amazing, and the Analog Pad was better than i thought it would be (Much better than the PSP or something). Only thing i could say i DIDNT like about the console was the size of the L and R buttons (They seemed...smaller to me?).

On a side note what time does K-Mart even open on sundays? I would risk trying to buy one there, but the gamestop employee told me that theres a chance they wont get enough for all pre-orders

the gamestop employee told you that kmart wouldn't get enough for their pre-orders?

They really will say anything.

Kmart doesn't do pre-orders.

[quote name='jer7583']the gamestop employee told you that kmart wouldn't get enough for their pre-orders?

They really will say anything.

Kmart doesn't do pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

No o_O, i meant Gamestop said "they" (As in Gamestop), might not get enough for all of the pre-orders. Its basically first come first serve.

[quote name='dgwillia006']
On a side note what time does K-Mart even open on sundays? I would risk trying to buy one there, but the gamestop employee told me that theres a chance they wont get enough for all pre-orders[/QUOTE]

I talked to a friend who is a store manager at Gamestop and they still handle consoles just like they used to when I worked there as a manager. I was there for the DS launch, xbox 360 and PS3 launch. They already know what allocation of system they'll get, when they get close to that number, they'll cut pre orders off, that way they can guarantee all of their pre-order customers are taken care of as promised. They''ll get enough, and probably have a few extra, but with systems still always smart to pre-order if you can.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I talked to a friend who is a store manager at Gamestop and they still handle consoles just like they used to when I worked there as a manager. I was there for the DS launch, xbox 360 and PS3 launch. They already know what allocation of system they'll get, when they get close to that number, they'll cut pre orders off, that way they can guarantee all of their pre-order customers are taken care of as promised. They''ll get enough, and probably have a few extra, but with systems still always smart to pre-order if you can.[/QUOTE]

wait a minute... I thought with the PS3 launch that they (Gamestop) oversold preorders and had to cancel on a first come first serve basis, meaning that the later you placed your preorder the better chance you had of it getting cancelled..

If anyone's nervous about 3DS you can get it from Kmart.com, they're taking preorders and we still have enough stock going to kmart.com to take care of a lot more pre-orders which they'll stop once they hit their limit.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']If anyone's nervous about 3DS you can get it from Kmart.com, they're taking preorders and we still have enough stock going to kmart.com to take care of a lot more pre-orders which they'll stop once they hit their limit.[/QUOTE]

Nah son. :p It's all about getting that console on day 1, minute 1, second 1. I think as the release date gets nearer people are going to start getting even more anxious; I just think it would be nice to know an approximate amount of the units available in the stores - maybe even an excel sheet like we had for the MVC3 SE's.

[quote name='mgford11']Nah son. :p It's all about getting that console on day 1, minute 1, second 1. I think as the release date gets nearer people are going to start getting even more anxious; I just think it would be nice to know an approximate amount of the units available in the stores - maybe even an excel sheet like we had for the MVC3 SE's.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't think I can do that. I'm fairly certain I'm not supposed to be publishing our allocations of 3DS hardware and I don't think it would help much since the community buying 3DS is going to be much much bigger than MvC SEs so I'm not sure those numbers would even help. Personally I think we will be good unless you live near one of our worse Kmarts that won't be getting a whole lot.

Josh is traveling to Michigan today to celebrate his birthday with his family. He will be traveling most of today. He will be posting offers later tonight. Gaming coupons are being finalized right now. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or issues.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yeah, don't think I can do that. I'm fairly certain I'm not supposed to be publishing our allocations of 3DS hardware and I don't think it would help much since the community buying 3DS is going to be much much bigger than MvC SEs so I'm not sure those numbers would even help. Personally I think we will be good unless you live near one of our worse Kmarts that won't be getting a whole lot.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm not too concerned. My Kmart didn't receive any of the MVC3 LE's, but they did have a decent stock (5 or so) of the titles plus the litho's that were in the AD. Most recently they had stock of Yak 3 and 4 ready to roll as well. They seem to be on the ball and just about all any consumer can ask for. I plan on strolling in there Saturday evening and maybe asking whomever is working in electronics how many they have for the morning or if they have them at all; maybe get that ball rolling the night before so someone remembers that it's a Sunday launch not the typical Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back