Kmart's Black Friday DS lite bundle rebate

Little Green Yoda

CAGiversary!
Back on Black Friday, Kmart was selling Zelda and Nintendogs DS Lite bundles for ~$150 with a $25 gift card mail in rebate. Did anyone participate in this offer?

I sent all my stuff in and I just got a note in the mail saying that my UPC did not match. The rebate form specifically asked for a DS Lite UPC so I of course cut up my pretty DS Lite box and sent it in. ;_;

However, the DS Lite box is actually inside of the larger bundle box. Could they be asking for the bundle's box's UPC? Interesting to note though: my sister's DS Lite box had a different UPC than my DS Lite Box (her's was bought standalone a while ago but mine was part of the bundle).

I'm going to call them in the morning but I was wondering if any fellow CAGers had a similar experience and could share any insight on the matter. Thanks.

[quote name='Little Green Yoda']Back on Black Friday, Kmart was selling Zelda and Nintendogs DS Lite bundles for ~$150 with a $25 gift card mail in rebate. Did anyone participate in this offer?

I sent all my stuff in and I just got a note in the mail saying that my UPC did not match. The rebate form specifically asked for a DS Lite UPC so I of course cut up my pretty DS Lite box and sent it in. ;_;

However, the DS Lite box is actually inside of the larger bundle box. Could they be asking for the bundle's box's UPC? Interesting to note though: my sister's DS Lite box had a different UPC than my DS Lite Box (her's was bought standalone a while ago but mine was part of the bundle).

I'm going to call them in the morning but I was wondering if any fellow CAGers had a similar experience and could share any insight on the matter. Thanks.[/quote]

They probably did want the UPC from the bundle box as they want proof you bought the bundle, not just the DS. The inner DS box probably has a different UPC so people couldn't buy the bundle then take back the stuff in the bundle separately.

Let's hope you don't have to wait as long as I did for a Transworld Entertainment(FYE, COCONUTS) rebate. They were stringing me along for 5-7 months and I finally had to be paid in CASH AT STORE LEVEL due to the ineptitude of the processing center to realize my rebate was for $30, not for a $3 cd rebate.

Did it specifically say it wanted a physical copy of the UPC?

In most rebate cases, you should send them a photocopy so cases like this are easily fixable (it doesn't ruin your boxes either).

Of course, if it said hard physical copy only, then disregard everything I just typed. ;)

Yeah, they said physical copy. Trust me, I didn't want to deface my DS box anymore than I had to. ;)

The exact wording on the rebate form was: "The original UPC label(s) from up to 1 Nintendo DS Lite Game System (photocopies will not be accepted)"

It didn't mention the bundle at all so it never crossed my mind to send that one. Maybe they wanted both? Anywho, I'll try to contact their rebate center and see what's up. Thanks for the replies.

EDIT: Just called them, you guys were right. It WAS the bundle UPC they were looking for. But now I'm sad for defacing my DS Lite box for no reason. =(

Thanks again!

[quote name='Little Green Yoda']Yeah, they said physical copy. Trust me, I didn't want to deface my DS box anymore than I had to. ;)

The exact wording on the rebate form was: "The original UPC label(s) from up to 1 Nintendo DS Lite Game System (photocopies will not be accepted)"

It didn't mention the bundle at all so it never crossed my mind to send that one. Maybe they wanted both? Anywho, I'll try to contact their rebate center and see what's up. Thanks for the replies.

EDIT: Just called them, you guys were right. It WAS the bundle UPC they were looking for. But now I'm sad for defacing my DS Lite box for no reason. =(

Thanks again![/quote]

Good to hear you got it all straightened out. Though, will you still qualify for the rebate at this time? (Since it's long after Black Friday.) I hope you do, and I hope everything works out.

[quote name='Rig']Good to hear you got it all straightened out. Though, will you still qualify for the rebate at this time? (Since it's long after Black Friday.) I hope you do, and I hope everything works out.[/quote]
I'm pretty sure most rebate companies allow for corrections if something is wrong with the initial submission.

Yeah, the guy from customer service said I didn't even have to send anything else in. I just read the UPC numbers to him over the phone. Still wish I knew to send in the right one earlier. My box has a gaping, unnecessary hole in it. ;_:

bread's done
Back