Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Looks kinda cool ...

Knights in the Nightmare - $30.99

• Innovative stylus-based active battle system
  • Avoid enemy attacks while issuing orders to your army of knights
  • Battles progress in real time; the situation changes with each passing moment
  • Over 100 knights to recruit, each with personal histories and relationships to other characters offering a deep tactical contrast to the game's frantic, fast-paced action gameplay
  • Exciting tale that ties into the series established by Riviera and Yggdra Union

Pre-order Bonus Artbook and Soundtrack

Pre-order "Knights in the Nightmare" and get a bonus artbook and soundtrack complete with characters, world designs, concept art, and more. The bonus will come packaged inside the box with your purchase. Offer good while supplies last. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game had a pretty damn favorable set of impressions posted recently over on IGN (even as far as impressions go)--looks like a winner for people who like quirky RPGs.

i've had this pre-ordered for over a month now, looking forward to it and Love that atlus has been including sound tracks in a good amount of their games lately

[quote name='jacknicklson']Already pre-ordered!
iy.gif
[/quote]
Too good of a deal to pass up, My order is in.

This is done by Sting who made Riveria and Yggdra Union, I love both those games so I guess I should get this then?

Feel free to follow up with a Sting joke.

I'm currently a good way through the game I'm finding it to be quite good. The story presentation is a good and it has a nice soundtrack. Once you get through the slightly suffocating tutorial+tips, the battle system is quite interesting, fun and makes great use of the touch screen. I honestly think this can appeal to even non-strategy RPG gamers as the battle system is relatively simple once you get the hang of it and understand unit/item management(battles can still be challenging, though).

If I didn't already have the import I'd have been all over this. I love the in-game art and I've already mentioned the soundtrack so I think you'll find the bonuses to be quite so. Well worth it, IMO.

[quote name='Tom Ato']This is done by Sting who made Riveria and Yggdra Union, I love both those games so I guess I should get this then?

Feel free to follow up with a Sting joke.[/quote]

This game is actually a part of the Dept. Heaven series (Episode IV).

[quote name='rpgamer92']i've never heard of it but the cover and the name, i think this will be a good game[/quote]

Really? I hope you don't buy games based on that logic.

[quote name='sliknik27']Really? I hope you don't buy games based on that logic.[/quote]

Trust me, for every one of these types of threads there is somebody who buys the advertised product purely on heat-of-the-moment impulse.

Dude I have been waiting so long for this one but I still think I am going to wait for it to come out. I have always seen that these games release and then the price drops after a week below the preorder price.

[quote name='COD4MW69']I have heard mixed reviews on this game. Is this a good deal or what? Not sure if I should bite on this.
pixel.gif
[/quote]
It's not so much a deal than nice swag with a game. Then again, when Atlus moved from just a normal newsletter to the Atlus faithful community thing (I so followed) they had a survey before the switch. One of the questions was about swag for pre-ordering/initial launch shipments. Judging by how many recent and upcoming Atlus games have had something included with pre-order or initial launch shipment purchase, the response must have been HUGE on just that question.

So, for you playing along at home, expect Atlus to be putting swag of some sort in most (if not all) games for the forseeable future :bouncy:

[quote name='Maklershed']Update:
344.jpg
Price has dropped to $30.99[/quote]
Awesome, thanks for the update! Is this one still on Preorder?

[quote name='TigerWoods09']Very cool game. I am definitely down for this one! Thanks OP!
pixel.gif
1.gif
[/quote]

Same here. Preordered!

[quote name='newlu']It finally popped up in my Gold Box + 10% off = $26.34[/QUOTE]

if only it would for me :(

I would pre-order for that much!

If you aren't too familiar with the game...

Think of an SRPG.
Now think of a bullet hell game.

That's this. No it doesn't make the best sense, but it does look pretty damn awesome and fun.

for manipulating gold box- if I have this in my wishlist, will it pop up on my personal daily deals? Or do I need to not have it in my wishlist, but instead have a similar game in the wishlist?

Anyone else receive it smashed like I did? It looks like Atlus just put the art book and the game in a paper envelope and then Amazon decided to smash them into a very flat cardboard sleeve. My art book is badly bent and has white rubbing marks all over the cover. My game box is folded and one of the side stickers was popped open. Looks like it's going back sadly.

[quote name='bojay1997']Anyone else receive it smashed like I did? It looks like Atlus just put the art book and the game in a paper envelope and then Amazon decided to smash them into a very flat cardboard sleeve. My art book is badly bent and has white rubbing marks all over the cover. My game box is folded and one of the side stickers was popped open. Looks like it's going back sadly.[/QUOTE]

That is word for word how mine came. Luminous Arc 2 was a similar experience but ended up selling the items to recoup my costs instead of returning. Amazon sent me a replacement, no questions asked. KitN is going back as well, unacceptable.

[quote name='bojay1997']Anyone else receive it smashed like I did? It looks like Atlus just put the art book and the game in a paper envelope and then Amazon decided to smash them into a very flat cardboard sleeve. My art book is badly bent and has white rubbing marks all over the cover. My game box is folded and one of the side stickers was popped open. Looks like it's going back sadly.[/QUOTE]

Fortunately, Amazon sent mine in a box and everything arrived in great condition. I'd recommend contacting CS and asking them to ship a new copy in a box.

By the way, the soundtrack is a ridiculous 39 tracks long. I love Atlus.

posted this is the ds topic... amazon is sending me a replacement copy monday... dont know how much will have to be return of ithey will allow me to keep everything

Got mine from GS the other day when I went back to claim my $10 after Dark Spire price dropped (thanks CAGs!). They had an extra preorder book so I picked it up. Man, the artbook is awesome, way better than I thought it would be. For those of you who love Atlus and anime style art this book is a gotta have.

[quote name='newlu']It finally popped up in my Gold Box + 10% off = $26.34[/QUOTE]
Awesome, I just ordered! Thanks Looks pretty cool. I bet it will be loads of fun.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was disappointed in how Amazon shipped mine. Just a flimsy envelope. Luckily only one corner was slightly bent. I am going to complain not seeking a replacement but in hopes I don't get something in worse condition in the future.

I picked up mine from the post office today, and I have to say that I'm impressed by the art book. It's not just pictures and photos, but it also has background information for the characters and the storyline. The cover of the book could be in thicker form (like what they have for guides), but overall, I'm quite happy about the art book.

Originally, I was going to cancel the pre-order since I'm behind in my games and looking to save some money, but now I'm quite satisfy with my purchase.

Ordered it today since Amazon seems to still have the pre-order goodies available. Too bad I was too broke when it was $3 less. :(

So this game seems to have reviewed well, but has anyone played Steal Princess? That game didn't seem to fare as well with the reviewers, might have to wait for it to hit $20 or less...

[quote name='slidecage']posted this is the ds topic... amazon is sending me a replacement copy monday... dont know how much will have to be return of ithey will allow me to keep everything[/QUOTE]

You have to return the original copy or they charge you for the 2nd one

To the people that already got it, you guys used Prime or faster shipping? I haven't gotten any emails about it, but I'm using the free slow shipping.

My LA2 came in great condition, so I have hope that this will come in good condition too.

I think my game was prepared on Monday or Tuesday, and shipped on Wednesday. I got the game on Friday, but no one was home. I choose the free shipping.

[quote name='Teeheehee']To the people that already got it, you guys used Prime or faster shipping? I haven't gotten any emails about it, but I'm using the free slow shipping.

My LA2 came in great condition, so I have hope that this will come in good condition too.[/QUOTE]

I used Free Super saver shipping and received mine last Friday. It came in those cardboard folding type "box"
It came in OK shape. 1 corner of the artook cover is slightly wrinkled. Otherwise, everything is straight. and sharp.

So many people had me sweating about the condition of mine. Luckily mine came today. It was an envelope with bubble wrap all around it, in a rather large cardboard box. Aside from some of those peel stickers (like the ones GS employees use to make an opened game "new" again) dangling off the side and making the sides a bit sticky, it looked good. Art book was in awesome shape.

Crisis averted. Now let's hear about some spoils for Devil Survivor Atlus!

Mine finally arrived today and the game box is crushed, scratched up, and both stickers were popped off. The Art book is warped and has in imprint of the game's box. Even the DS case is scratched on the front. The only thing that doesn't appear damaged is the soundtrack CD, but I'm not bothering to check. Processed a replacement order, usually ships in 1-3 weeks? Massive failure....

mine also arrived today, jiffy bag with the game and artbook instead a white folder. Fortunately no damage to box or artbook.

Weird. The product page gives priority to Target's offering of the game and you have to click to see all vendors to get the option to order from Amazon. Also no more mention of the artbook and soundtrack.

Mine came in a large white envelope in perfect condition. However the box wasn't taped very well, half of the box was open(tape was under the flap) and someone could have easily reached in and grabbed it.

The artbook is excellent with background story

bread's done
Back