Knock, Knock. Who's there? You're fired

Squirms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I can finally say that I have been fired from a job. After being at my job for over two years, I was today fired w/o any reason whatsoever. Of course they were kind enough to give me a whopping two weeks of severence.

It's nice to see them make this decision 2 months after I had my second child without letting me know they were having any problems with my performance. Oh well I already have a good lead from a friend where I will make more money with less pressure. So perhaps it's all for the best.

Sorry to hear it. The economy is rough.
I work for a well funded non-profit and even they are having to lay people off.

Best of luck.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']At least they didn't make you train your replacement. There's a lot of that going around.[/quote]

Yeah, that would suck even more. Anyways, sorry to hear you got fired, and good luck!

Well I kind of did. I was the account manager, and we hired a new sales manager. I was training him unbeknownst to me that they would be firing me the following week. I did have an inkling though, so I wasn't too surprised.

I've been unemployed for more than a year now, I think we know who's getting a couple of votes in particular this year huh? :)

CAG is murder on my bank account without a job!

I feel your pain, I was fired in June and am still looking for a job. I wasn't given any notice and the reason was "a lack of enthusiasm." You'd lack enthusiasm too if you had been at a place for six years and barely made $20K a year.

i thought this was gonna be a joke, from the looks of the title anyways.
sorry to hear, but heres a funny knock knock joke to hopefully cheer you up:

jesuslol.jpg

[quote name='Squirms']Well I kind of did. I was the account manager, and we hired a new sales manager. I was training him unbeknownst to me that they would be firing me the following week. I did have an inkling though, so I wasn't too surprised.[/quote]

Is this guy taking your place? If so, that sucks that much more. Anyways, good luck.

[quote name='Squirms']Well I kind of did. I was the account manager, and we hired a new sales manager. I was training him unbeknownst to me that they would be firing me the following week. I did have an inkling though, so I wasn't too surprised.[/quote]

IMan, I've heard of this a lot in the last two years.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Squirms']Well I kind of did. I was the account manager, and we hired a new sales manager. I was training him unbeknownst to me that they would be firing me the following week. I did have an inkling though, so I wasn't too surprised.[/quote]

Is this guy taking your place? If so, that sucks that much more. Anyways, good luck.[/quote]

I guess he is taking my job. We had a sales manager that worked beside me a year ago, but he was fired. This new guy got hired to fill his place, and apparently they decided he can do both jobs.

Is it possible that they fired you because you just had a child?

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that happened. What industry do you work in?

I'm going to be graduating this year...so...yea....hope economy gets better...

Hopefully your friend will be able to help you find a better job. Good luck.

I have not ever been fired, but have gone through many lay-off scares since I have started working and that is stressful enough.

Wow, that sucks. I've been at my job for almost 2 years, so I'm hoping they don't give me the boot as well.

Good luck!

man..2 years..n they jus fired u... that sucks.
So many other friends of mine lost their jobs..thats what happens whn Bush is in office

My first firing was less traumatic due to mutual agreement at the time. Then the following Friday I got a call to find out if I was available to work that weekend. This happened about twenty times over the course of the four years I worked for that guy during high school. It was a weird relationship.

Sorry to hear that. You were actually fired and recieved a severance? Most people who get fired don't get jack. Severances usually come with layoffs and 'elimination of positions'. Really sucks though.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']I feel your pain, I was fired in June and am still looking for a job. I wasn't given any notice and the reason was "a lack of enthusiasm." You'd lack enthusiasm too if you had been at a place for six years and barely made $20K a year.[/quote]

How many pieces of flair did you have on?

J/K that was uncalled for , sorry

Im trhinkin im going to be pink slipped her too. My company is spliting up and they are looking to sell. May have a job may not! Oh well had one before this one i'll have one again. Alltough it would be nice if all you tax payers pay me unemployment for 4 months so i can get caught up on my game time!

sorry to hear about that, that really sucks. i am going to start looking for a new job soon. good luck on finding a job.

I'm sorry to hear that. I feel your pain. I was told my job was going to Brazil earlier this year. And in the spring they flew a team of Brazilians in for me and two other guys to train them. Luckily, I was able to stay on the project, and assume a different short-term role, but my two co-workers are now out of a job. And now it is about time to start looking around for another project to get on again. I feel like I'm just dodging bullets, and delaying the inevitable.

What sucks most of all is our customers are pissed at the new lousy service, communication, and shoddy work the Brazilians are doing, but since it's a corporate directive and the customers are internal there isn't anything they can do about it. Isn't corporate America great? Capitalism at its finest. [/sarcasm]

Anyways, good luck and I hope your lead pans out.

[quote name='sying'][quote name='evilpenguin9000']I feel your pain, I was fired in June and am still looking for a job. I wasn't given any notice and the reason was "a lack of enthusiasm." You'd lack enthusiasm too if you had been at a place for six years and barely made $20K a year.[/quote]

How many pieces of flair did you have on?

J/K that was uncalled for , sorry[/quote]

Ouch. Actually I was a sports writer for the local paper.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']At least they didn't make you train your replacement. There's a lot of that going around.[/quote]

Man, that happened to my girlfriend. They had her training this other girl to do the data entry, and then one Friday morning, they met her at the door with all of her stuff packed up in a box. I was so tempted to go down there and bust some heads... Well, good luck to you, Squirms. I hope things work out for you.

bread's done
Back