Kohls Buy 2 get 1 Free, Nov. 18 - 20

Well....I'm glad I didn't bother to go to the local Kohl's store to check out the deal. WTF...80 bucks for some old releases? PS2 controllers 3 for 50 mm....

Omg. this is so fun finding these games for the worst prices.

There should be a thread called WORST VIDEO GAME "DEALS" EVER

Seriously. We have craigslist threads, why not a WVGDE thread?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Omg. this is so fun finding these games for the worst prices.

There should be a thread called WORST VIDEO GAME "DEALS" EVER

Seriously. We have craigslist threads, why not a WVGDE thread?[/quote]

start the thread and everyone will follow.

maybe they wrap all the games in expensive linen and sprikles gold dust all over it.

Why was this posted. When I see an Xbox title, regardless of it being new or # years old, marked above $49.99 then the sale is BS. OP if you truly found deals while wasting your time going through this list then it is best to list them then to make us waste our time.

What the heck? Some of those prices are downright horrid.

$86 for Sonic 360?
$78 for Geist?
$79 for Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition on the PSP?

What is this ? Some kinda of joke? They jack up the price for 360 games to $86 and then do a B2G1 sale? Did I go to expensiveassgamer.com by mistake?
I'm surprised they don't ask you to bend over.

One of my friends works at Kohl's, and even with his employee discount, he still goes across the street to Target to buy games. When he first got his DS, he thought that $34.99 games were a great deal because Kohl's would sell the same games for $42.99.

[quote name='roymustang']What is this ? Some kinda of joke? They jack up the price for 360 games to $86 and then do a B2G1 sale? Did I go to expensiveassgamer.com by mistake?
I'm surprised they don't ask you to bend over.[/quote]

The sad thing is that these are their everyday prices -- they didn't jack them up for the B2G1 sale.

They must get all of their sales from out-of-the-loop grandparents who are just passing through Kohl's for other things.

"Hey Ethelle, come take a look here. They have some of those VEE-DEE-OH games that little Billy likes so much. Blackhawk Down for $80? That must be a popular one. Grab it!"

Good time to stock up on X360 Sonic The Hedgehogs. I wonder if they'll throw in a Sean Paul fleece hoodie for free?

[quote name='Blade']Good time to stock up on X360 Sonic The Hedgehogs. I wonder if they'll throw in a Sean Paul fleece hoodie for free?[/quote]zzzzing!! :applause:

(Seriously, do "urban" brands just ship straight to discount outlets? Seems like 1/2 the mens stock at Value City/Kohls/Marshalls is Sean Jean/Southpole/ECKO)

[quote name='One51']The prices in store are normal. Mostly $10-$20 for all the games that are carried...[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Most games I've seen do not go under $20 and if they do it is only because they're part of the occasional % off sales. I don't even know why Kohl's sales games... oh wait that's right they're fucking the average consumer out of their hard earned money.

What absolutely sickens me is that someone's parents or grandparents or distant relatives are going to pay these outrageous prices and not know any different. It disgusts me that these prices are so heinously inflated. It should be criminal.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']
"Hey Ethelle, come take a look here. They have some of those VEE-DEE-OH games that little Billy likes so much. Blackhawk Down for $80? That must be a popular one. Grab it!"[/QUOTE]
lol :applause: some grandparent will get actually buy these games :bomb:

Well I work at Kohl's and they really don't know how to sell their electronics.

DVD's cost 29.99!!! And their video game selection is barren at my store. I did buy one game and that was Madden 07 for the Wii for $12.15 originally priced at 18.19 but i got employee discounts.

Although there is one important thing to know about Kohl's...

Kohl's has a policy called the "Yes We Can!" policy, meaning that if the customer saw a different price than what the register is scanning up, than the employee should give them the price the customer said it was.

Note that not all employees are nice about this policy so don't expect to get everything for 90% off. Possibly the most I've given people using the policy was giving a customer a free item since they thought they saw a "B1G1" sign.

If all else, Kohl's also does price matches from ANY store.

This is what happens when a clothing retailer price video games. The one I go to have video games and the last time I went, even their 'discount' were anything but.

Yet their clothing are reasonably priced and they have better discounts/sales for them.

I'll bet that Old Grandma Hardcore would know better than to buy videogames at Kohl's. She'd probably start cursing at the employees!

Well, Kohl's is primarily a clothing store, so...

I did get a semi-decent deal there once after Christmas - I picked up Mario Tennis Power Tour and Wario Ware: Twisted! for $20 together, so basically $10 each.

Considering both of the games were selling for about $5 more or so apiece used and these were brand-new, sealed, in-box games...I think I did OK.

Most of the other stuff they had was Nickelodeon/Disney Channel dreck, but once in a while you can find a decent little gem.

I worked for Kohl's a few years ago. What I hate about the store is that their retail value is ALWAYS HIGH! Example video games being $80. This way, they can say 50% off EVERYTHING IN STORE..and the games are $40. They do this a lot. They occasionally have good clearance sales..especially on clothes. Scored a nice pair of jeans there for $6 :)

Oh I also scored..man what was that game.. DK Bongo Blast (??) for Gamecube for $8. They have a few games on clearance once in awhile..and they do tend to be pretty good! just VERY YMMV!

They do the same thing with their toys. They mark them way up to then take 40-50% off. We priced some toys for my daughter there last week. They were 40% off, then an additional 20% off for a special sale, which made them just a bit under what Wal-Mart sells them for all the time. I did have a coupon for an additional 15% off though so it was worth it. Video games, toys and movies are definitely not what to shop for at Kohl's.

Lets all send them griefing emails and post them here. I'll start-

Oh, I just wanted to ask if your prices were in some kind of Moon money or Pesos, for if they are in US currency, then my head will surely 'splode.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/saleevents/1118homesale/electronicsgames/2avideogamesdvds/PRD~126588/PlayStation+2+Gran+Turismo+4.jsp

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-711719732822-Gran-Turismo-4/dp/B0000A0MDV

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
I hope you trick lots of grandmothers with your B.S. pricing.

A wise man once said, "Pensions and Social Security money, when mixed with naive senior citizens, give Kohl's a gigantic stiffy."

Wow. I feel sorry for the clueless people that stumble on that part of the website thinking that buy 2 get 1 free is a great deal. Ouch.

This thread makes me laugh!

I like Kohls when Kohls sends us $10 GCs for free in the mail which happens about once a year. My wife went in and got a $10 outfit for our one year old little girl for free, so take that Kohls!

bread's done
Back