1 (100%)
Salamander Portable
Salamander (1986)
Life Force (1987)
Xexex (1991)
Salamander 2 (1996)

Parodius Portable
Parodius da! (1990)
Gokujou Parodius: Kakou no Eikou wo Momomete (1994)
Sexy Parodius (1996)
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius - forever with me - (1996)

Twinbee Portable
Twinbee (1985)
Detana Twinbee (1991)
Twinbee Yahho! Fushigi no Kuni de Ooabare!! (1995)
Pop'n Twinbee (1996)

Details on the bonuses planned for the titles have only partially come to light. Famitsu confirms that Salamander will offer original and wide modes of play. Parodius will offer a galery mode which allows you to enjoy the classic sounds of the series. It's possible that these modes will be available across all three titles.

Famitsu also confirms that Twinbee will allow you to hold the PSP in a rarely used vertical mode in order to mimic the long aspect ratio of the original arcade machine.

All three collections will be released to Japan in January, carrying a 3980 yen price point. US versions have yet to be announced.

are twinbee and stinger the same game?

I've never played Sexy Parodious, but I've always wanted to try it ever since it first came out... just cause that name is so cool.

looks like its time for me to get a psp! i love twinbee with all my heart.

stinger and twinbee are different games but part of the same series. stinger was the only american released twinbee game.

Xexex is the reall surprise. The only previous version outside the arcades that I've ever seen was a version for the never released SNES-CD. It was quite ahead of its time, using the FX chip to place 3D objects within the scrolling shooter setting, plus it had a bunch anime FMV to emphasize the CD.

When the SNES-CD, which came with a built-in version of the FX chip, Konami decided it was too expensive to produce a version of the game sans FMV due to the added cost for the FX.

I got to play this game just once in a behind closed doors demo just a few weeks before Nintendo got cold feet and canceled the CD add-on.

I received my Twinbee Portable today (took 8 days).

I first played the original Twinbee and felt I wasted my money on this collection (a little too old for me). However, once I played the rest of the games in the collection (especially the last three), I fell in love with the collection and really enjoy playing it. I just love the quirkyness and the shooting is so good. I like the Twinbee game in the middle, with its animated scenes and great music, but I still enjoy most of them.

This collection is so awesome, I now badly want to buy Salamander Portable and maybe Parodius Portable.

bread's done
Back