Kontrol Freek Products - 10% off code

I bought a 2 FPS Freek/2 Speed Freek combo months ago. I would like to trade one, or both of my Speed Freeks for FPS Freeks, as I just don't play console racing games anymore.

One was used for a few hours, the other is brand new, never used. Still have them in the original package.

i bought the fps freak when it came out (there was some coupon code or something). I love it. I can't play games anymore without it (the normal thumbsticks feel way to short). definitely worth the purchase.

Cool, glad to see people talking about Kontrol Freeks, I know the guys doing the business here in Atlanta. Its a great product too, they gave me some to use on COD4, and it definitely helps. They also gave me a 10% off promo code, which in full disclosure earns me a dollar and saves you one, MomoCon if you would want to use it.

i follow this company on twitter! how long do you think the code is good for? could definitely order next weekend, been interested for a while now...

[quote name='leesiulung']These things seems overpriced even after the 10% coupon.

Are they that great?[/QUOTE]

Overpriced... most definitely.

Great... most definitely.

You're asking, well then they should be worth it, right? Not exactly. I love my FPS Freeks(can't play anything without them anymore on the 360), but at $5 EACH + shipping they are out of their fucking minds. You should get 4 or 6 for $10, not 2.

The Speed Freek is a complete waste of money. Avoid at all costs.

I might get these once I get some money into my paypal account from bing. Just seems real pricey at $10 for a set of two. Maybe they would be cheaper if they were sold in other retail outlets other than from themselves.

It certainly is hard to argue about how the pricing is perceived for these add ons, but I can tell you that a purchase of Kontrol Freeks is a purchase in support of small peripheral makers. Not everyone can be as big as Mad Catz, so keep that in mind when you think about the price, and what is needed to sustain a healthy peripheral manufacturer business. Plus it doesn't hurt that their product is great.

[quote name='TheDominion']It certainly is hard to argue about how the pricing is perceived for these add ons, but I can tell you that a purchase of Kontrol Freeks is a purchase in support of small peripheral makers. Not everyone can be as big as Mad Catz, so keep that in mind when you think about the price, and what is needed to sustain a healthy peripheral manufacturer business. Plus it doesn't hurt that their product is great.[/QUOTE]

I'm torn. I want to support outfits like these, but at $14.00 shipped after shipping cost with coup discount, it's a tough sell for two analog stick caps (even if they are great). It's a bit too pricey for comfort. Maybe free shipping would soften the blow?

What to do... :roll:

[quote name='xx2541']I'm torn. I want to support outfits like these, but at $14.00 shipped after shipping cost with coup discount, it's a tough sell for two analog stick caps (even if they are great). It's a bit too pricey for comfort. Maybe free shipping would soften the blow?

What to do... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Another thing to note is that you only really need 1. I have found zero benefit to adding one to the left analog. Increasing your character's movement precision isn't really needed. So if you have one system, you are looking at $14 for 1 nub and a spare lying around.

I also have a PS3 and abhor the DualShock design so my second one found a perfect home on that controller. Great combo with the Real Triggers you can get on Amazon. Almost makes it a functional controller. Those work great as well and if you don't have Prime, make a great filler item for free shipping.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I saw these listed in Playstation magazine as a recommended holiday gift item for a gamer. They also recommended those expensive gamer glasses too. I think that might be a little much.... http://www.gunnars.com/gunnar_indoor_collection.php[/QUOTE]

I have a pair that I use in the office since I'm on the computer all day. I can honestly say without a doubt that they work. I was hesitant on the price (9 months ago they were even more expensive than they are now).

The style I have isn't totally suited for gaming but they still help with eye strain when needed (marathon sessions). I've considered a second pair for gaming.

i was reading all the posts on the kontrolfreek fourms about how shipping takes long, and I saw how it takes long for them to ship it out. surprisingly, my order has been shipped already and i just ordered yesterday.

When I try to enter the promo code I'm getting an error page. Will try again later. But... is the Speed Freek really worthless? I was thinking of getting the combo pack.

Yeah the price is a bit high, but thanks for the thread. I had ordered these a couple months back and never used them.

Seems to help but it's a bit soon to tell. And definitely didn't need one on the left stick as someone already posted. May end up using the spare on the PS3 controller as well.

These things are great, but yea very overpriced. I only use the FPS Freek on my right analog stick and keep the left stick normal. Cant even play without it on there now. lol

Speed Freek is fail. Do not buy it.

bread's done
Back