KOTOR 3 Hype Thread!

Unickuta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I'm excited about GTA 4, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Fable 2...but what is really exciting me is Knights of the Old Republic 3. The first two are two of my favorite games, and I can't wait for the third to come out. Hopefully the load times will be shorter, though.

KOTOR! KOTOR! KOTOR! Cmon People Chant it with me. KOTOR! KOTOR! KOTOR! KOTOR! KOTOR! KOTOR! KOTOR! Yeah you can guess that I love this game, if bioware doesn't make KOTOR 3 I will officialy stop buying there games until mass effect comes out lol.

It was put on hold after the management change in Lucas Art, but latest EGM rumor - "BioWare forming a new team to work on a KOTOR MMO."

A new one would be great, but only if Bioware did it. I didn't really enjoy KOTOR II, it wasn't just as good as the original.

That being said, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so I'd play another one.

What would really be cool is KOTOR set far in the future instead of the past. I know that it wouldn't really be "Old Republic", but it could be great. And lets hope that if Mass Effect is good, it will use the same engine...that game looks great so far.

TBW

[quote name='Unickuta']How about the game is set after you choose the dark side path at the end of KOTOR 1?[/quote]
I'm sure the "offical" EU timeline of the Star Wars universe has the player taking the light side path in KotOR 1 so I doubt the developers would want to create an alternate universe where the player took the dark side path.

I doubt we'll be seeing kotor 3 until later on in 08, with Force Unleashed due out in February. I can't seeing Lucas pitting two big name SW games against one another.

No matter, I will be buying both.

[quote name='The Crotch']1: Not if Obsidian's handling it, dammit!

Simmer down, Skull - Knights 2 wasn't really a bad game, just the worst possible way to build on the original. The actual improvements were minimal (and mostly aesthetic in nature), and character and plot development were fucking messes.[/quote]

QFT

Sadly I don't know if we'll see a KOTOR3 in the next couple years. Bioware is busy making Mass Effect + 2 sequels along with numerous other projects, and Obsidian is making that Alien RPG for Sega.

All wasn't lost in KOTOR2 though, Kreia was my favorite KOTOR character so far despite the lame way she was handled at the end.

I don't even know if this game has been "officialy" announced, but it has been rumored for quite some time. I'm sure we'll see it on the 360 in due time, both titles sold amazingly well on the PC and XBox.

Aaah. I'm so hyped up about this that I'm going to replay KOTOR right now. To Taris! Huzzah!

Cool name, anyone? And should I be a scout or soldier, I was a scoundrel last time.

[quote name='RollingSkull']*Obligatory hating on KotOR2*[/QUOTE]

I do like the fact that I'm not the only person on the planet who didn't enjoy KOTOR 2. Something about it just didn't feel right, of course that was a couple years ago. Can anyone convince me that I'm missing out on something extravagant?

In any case, I am still pumped about another KOTOR game. Here's hoping this becomes the "Official KOTOR 3 Thread" not just a speculating/hype thread.

I'd play it, but I think I'm more excited for Mass Effect than I would be another KOTOR at this point. We'll see when/if this comes about what my enthusiasm is. I enjoyed KOTOR, but I like the more action oriented direction that Bioware has taken with Jade Empire and now Mass Effect better than the turn based combat.

the problem with KOTOR 2 is that is was rushed by Lucas Art. Lucas Art has to have a big release during the holidays. It was suppose to be Star Wars Republic Commando, but that got delay and they have to push up KOTOR 2. From the unused material on the game disc suggests that a lot of stuff are unfinished. It would explain why the last part of the game seems to make no sense. Right now there is a group trying to make a patch that would restore the cut content.

As of right now Bioware has said they are not working on KOTOR3.

[quote name='sp00ge']I think Lucas learned that lesson the hard way with Galaxies.[/QUOTE]
if anyone can pull a Star Wars MMORPG off, it would be Bioware

I think Lucas Arts is focusing their energy on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed which is suppose to hit almost every system this holiday season. If done correctly it will probably fall somewhere between a live action KOTOR and Shadows of the Empire.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I think Lucas Arts is focusing their energy on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed which is suppose to hit almost every system this holiday season. If done correctly it will probably fall somewhere between a live action KOTOR and Shadows of the Empire.[/quote]

It'll most likely fall somewhere between Jedi Academy and Psi-Ops.

Which will make it very, very sexy.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I think Lucas Arts is focusing their energy on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed which is suppose to hit almost every system this holiday season. If done correctly it will probably fall somewhere between a live action KOTOR and Shadows of the Empire.[/quote]

It was actually pushed back to February of next year, as I stated in an earlier post. My wife was pissed when we found out.

I agree. I actually liked KOTOR2, as senseless and unsatisfying as the end might have been. They left it begging for a sequel, and I for once hope it's delivered (and given enough development time) whether it's from Bioware or Obsidian. I want to see how the story pans out. Besides, Star Wars always come in threes (or at least they ought to) and KOTOR2 was still more entertaining than Lucas' prequels...

As far as a KOTOR MMORPG goes, in concept it sounds cool enough, but it won't do much of anything to resolve the previous games, nor am I getting very excited about ANY MMORPG at this point in the game. I like the story-heavy RPG, and MMORPG's just aren't geared like that. With so many games to play, it's hard to get jazzed about a game that demands my every spare moment and will keep me from playing my ever-growing library (thanks CAG).

[quote name='Karyyk']I agree. I actually liked KOTOR2, as senseless and unsatisfying as the end might have been. They left it begging for a sequel, and I for once hope it's delivered (and given enough development time) whether it's from Bioware or Obsidian. I want to see how the story pans out. Besides, Star Wars always come in threes (or at least they ought to) and KOTOR2 was still more entertaining than Lucas' prequels...

As far as a KOTOR MMORPG goes, in concept it sounds cool enough, but it won't do much of anything to resolve the previous games, nor am I getting very excited about ANY MMORPG at this point in the game. I like the story-heavy RPG, and MMORPG's just aren't geared like that. With so many games to play, it's hard to get jazzed about a game that demands my every spare moment and will keep me from playing my ever-growing library (thanks CAG).[/quote]

That's kind of stupid, a KOTOR MMORPG. There would be like 10,000 Dark Lords. I just want one with as good of a story as the original.

[quote name='sp00ge']It was actually pushed back to February of next year, as I stated in an earlier post. My wife was pissed when we found out.[/QUOTE]
it was pushed back due to the complications of making the game run smoothly on the ps3...I thought it was pushed back to march or april, but I could be wrong

[quote name='ryanbph']it was pushed back due to the complications of making the game run smoothly on the ps3...I thought it was pushed back to march or april, but I could be wrong[/quote]

It's a 360 and PC exclusive.

Hopefully if Lucas Arts decides to make a KotOR MMO it wont be part of the main series, and that KotOR 3 will still be a single player RPG.

Bioware is pretty much exclusively working on their own IP's now... Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age. I really doubt they'll go back to KOTOR 3, after they passed over KOTOR 2 to Obsidian.

I remember reading they enjoy using their own IP's because they have full creative power over everything, which is something they don't have with licensed stuff, and that they also don't own the licensed stuff they make.

[quote name='Unickuta']It's a 360 and PC exclusive.[/quote]

We're talking about Force Unleashed. It's next-gen multiplatform.

bread's done
Back