KOTOR - which version is better - XBox or PC or should I buy both?

borg20001

CAGiversary!
I have the XBox version of Knights of the Old Republic - that I got on sale at Target - I haven't played it yet (still working through the CC $5 games).

Now CC has the PC version of KOTOR on sale for $19.99, plus I have a PC Gamer coupon for $10 off any PC game at CC that expires today - and its burning a hole in my pocket.

My question to you is, should I buy the PC version of KOTOR for the net $10 or is it too much the same as the XBox version (though XB is probably a bit lower in graphix resolution).

I'm looking for your advice on this? Is it worthwhile to own both XBox and PC versions of KOTOR?

thx for any feedback.

Just so you know, $20 is now the MSRP, it isn't on sale actually. They are basically the same, most obvious differences being control and image quality. I have the PC version because I prefer KB&M for this kind of game.

All depends, the pc graphics if you have a 9700 Pro ATI/5800 nvidia or higher graphics card the graphics will be much clearer on PC... however then you cant play it with a big screen tv and true Dolby Digital surround if you are equipt.

I have a high end pc and decided to play it on Xbox myself... I like lounging on the couch rather than in a pc chair hunched over keyboard and mouse. I've played both versions and they control easy in both cases.

This should probably go in the "Other" forum btw...

since you already have KOTOR, see if they have Neverwinter Nights instead. The gold version should be 20 dollars, so you get the game and one expansion.

Aside from that DX:Invisible War, Rainbow six 3 :Raven Shield or the gold version, and any NOLF game are recommended by me if you are looking for a game that is cheap and good

Thanks for the feedback. I thought I had posted this in the Discussion Gaming Deals and other forum, but somehow it ended up in the General Gaming and Industry News - sorry - my bad in inadvertently placing it here. Perhaps I will hold off on getting the PC version then.

But thanks again for your opins!

Mods - please move this topic to the proper forum.

[quote name='borg20001']I thought I had posted this in the Discussion Gaming Deals and other forum, but somehow it ended up in the General Gaming and Industry News - sorry - my bad in inadvertently placing it here.[/quote]

Actually, you had placed it in "Post your own gaming deal". Someone moved it from there to "General Gaming and Industry News".

I moved it here since the discussion was more focused on if it was worth having both versions of KOTOR.

since it has included other games, I will move it do deal discussion since you are more open minded on what you would get with the coupon

[quote name='CaseyRyback']since you already have KOTOR, see if they have Neverwinter Nights instead. The gold version should be 20 dollars, so you get the game and one expansion.

Aside from that DX:Invisible War, Rainbow six 3 :Raven Shield or the gold version, and any NOLF game are recommended by me if you are looking for a game that is cheap and good[/quote]

Casey, thx for getting this to the proper forum.

I have the original Neverwinter Nights so the gold version purchase would just be for the expansion. My local CC stinks, in that it has few good older pc games. They don't have DX Invisible War, nor Rainbow 6 three, and I already have both NOLF games (which are great). I may check another CC tonight as this is the last night that the PC Gamer coupon is valid and see if there are any decent games for $20 or less.

I already picked up Tron 2.0 for $5 after using another PC gamer coupon. I have one left to burn. - Thanks again for your feedback. I did see Dungeon Siege - the expansion plus the original game - but again, I already have the original game and am too cheep to pay $10 for the expansion....

One thing to note, Borg, is that there are some minor differences in the PC version. It's been a while since I played it, but there's a special merchant who will sell you goods exclusive to the PC port. That's the biggest addition, if I remember correctly, though there might've been other tweaks as well. Dunno if that's enough to make you shell out ten bucks...

[quote name='bdw418']One thing to note, Borg, is that there are some minor differences in the PC version. It's been a while since I played it, but there's a special merchant who will sell you goods exclusive to the PC port. That's the biggest addition, if I remember correctly, though there might've been other tweaks as well. Dunno if that's enough to make you shell out ten bucks...[/quote]

Ok, well its October so the PC gamer coupon for CC is moot now. I did not go for the PC version of KOTOR, but thanks everyone for the info. I may still pick it up preowned down the line at a considerable discount price.

in the end I couldn't get to a CC that had any decent PC games in stock so the last coupon expired - unfufilled....oh well.

[quote name='borg20001'][quote name='CaseyRyback']since you already have KOTOR, see if they have Neverwinter Nights instead. The gold version should be 20 dollars, so you get the game and one expansion.

Aside from that DX:Invisible War, Rainbow six 3 :Raven Shield or the gold version, and any NOLF game are recommended by me if you are looking for a game that is cheap and good[/quote]

Casey, thx for getting this to the proper forum.

I have the original Neverwinter Nights so the gold version purchase would just be for the expansion. My local CC stinks, in that it has few good older pc games. They don't have DX Invisible War, nor Rainbow 6 three, and I already have both NOLF games (which are great). I may check another CC tonight as this is the last night that the PC Gamer coupon is valid and see if there are any decent games for $20 or less.

I already picked up Tron 2.0 for $5 after using another PC gamer coupon. I have one left to burn. - Thanks again for your feedback. I did see Dungeon Siege - the expansion plus the original game - but again, I already have the original game and am too cheep to pay $10 for the expansion....[/quote]
If you allready have the orginal NWN get the second expansion, Hoards of the Underdark. Its much better then the first expansion pack.

bread's done
Back