l.a. noire gamestop came with Secret Bonus!

for everyone who bought it from gamestop. we got an added bonuses inside that wasnt mentioned. A Coupon for 40% EXTRA Trade-In CREDIT on any xbox or ps3 games :) negatives to the game could be clues but i dont know. pretty cool to find. also got my other bonus in my email already for the piano gun :) also got the extra case :) they lacked gift cards but added lots of extras!

HERE IS A LIST OF EVERYTHING YOU GOT EXCLUSIVE FROM GAMESTOP PREORDER-

Exclusive Extra Case
Exclusive Gun
Exclusive Challenge

SECRET BONUSES
The Exclusive Game Negatives
ALSO A Coupon for 40% EXTRA Trade-In CREDIT on any xbox or ps3 games brought in

its a bunch of negatives in a clear evidence bag ...negatives to the game could be clues
also u get the piano gun sent to ur email as a bonus
**The FRONT Sticker on the box STATES:
"Gamestop Pre-Order Exclusive "THE NAKED CITY" and THE BADGE PURSUIT CHALLENGE .. (while supplies last)"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by a moderator:
Video Game Deals - The best video game deals in the world are here.
DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!

[quote name='marshallfaulk']for everyone who bought it from gamestop. we got an added bonus inside that wasnt mentioned. :) negatives to the game could be clues but i dont know. pretty cool to find. also got my other bonus in my email already for the piano gun :) also got the extra case :) they lacked gift cards but added lots of extras![/QUOTE]

Was the bonus an extra $3 when you trade it in in a week? So they'll give you $4?

Not quite sure what he's talking about, but I wish Gamestop wouldn't get any exclusives at all given their lack of actual deals on anything.

There's a little packet with film strip cells. Has something to do with the badge pursuit challenge.

[quote name='nypickle']Video Game Deals - The best video game deals in the world are here.
[/QUOTE]

Way to jump the gun. He's not asking a goddamn question, he's reporting a bonus that came with Gamestop's copies of LA Noire. Nice job. :roll:

Speaking of L.A.Noire from GS, an email I got says they just shipped me "LA Noire SD 5/17". Anyone else get that "SD" or have any idea what it stands for? And the date being there is a little odd too.

As for the OP, my guess is he means "negatives," as in physical picture negatives.

[quote name='nypickle']Video Game Deals - The best video game deals in the world are here.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry if I sound like dick, but why the fuck do I see this posted in almost every other thread lately when the op is CLEARLY not asking a fucking question? It's annoying and it's a bitch move to the op.

[quote name='Nitemare25']Speaking of L.A.Noire from GS, an email I got says they just shipped me "LA Noire SD 5/17". Anyone else get that "SD" or have any idea what it stands for? And the date being there is a little odd too.

As for the OP, my guess is he means "negatives," as in physical picture negatives.[/QUOTE]

It means street date. So basically the street date for the game is 5/17

Thats a nice bonus i guess. I thought you were going to say that They were giving people a free copy of gummy bears golf if you brought la niore at gamestop, now that would have been epic. Power to the players !

[quote name='Big Matty Kane']Was the bonus an extra $3 when you trade it in in a week? So they'll give you $4?[/QUOTE]

Go Bills!!!!

Yeah the bonus is awesome. They called me at home and asked me if i was thirsty and then they sent me some monster drinks and doritos.

Anyhoo, Kmart...$15 off....$20 gaming coupon...Free game $20>.... Yeah i'm good! :lol:

[quote name='Vap']I'm sorry if I sound like dick, but why the fuck do I see this posted in almost every other thread lately when the op is CLEARLY not asking a fucking question? It's annoying and it's a bitch move to the op.[/QUOTE]

Because alot of those threads are not questions OR specific video game deals. We got a 5 page one going right now for the amazon credit mistake.

Not sure if it's true or not, but I heard that the PS3 version comes with an extra case. Colus's care chase or something like that. I know a co-worker at Target said he saw something about PS3 exclusive on the copies in the backroom, so I'm assuming that's it. Not sure if that's what the OP meant by extra case.

[quote name='sgr76']Go Bills!!!!

Yeah the bonus is awesome. They called me at home and asked me if i was thirsty and then they sent me some monster drinks and doritos.

Anyhoo, Kmart...$15 off....$20 gaming coupon...Free game $20>.... Yeah i'm good! :lol:[/QUOTE]

thats nice i got extra game to play :) plus extra weapons plus extra exclusive items... but its ok, every place had different deals. im a gamer. ill play the extra dlc for more l.a. noire. thats why i bought the game in the 1st place.

[quote name='Japakneez']Because alot of those threads are not questions OR specific video game deals. We got a 5 page one going right now for the amazon credit mistake.[/QUOTE]

thank you for being the only one to actually get it :applause:

[quote name='marshallfaulk']thats nice i got extra game to play :) plus extra weapons plus extra exclusive items... but its ok, every place had different deals. im a gamer. ill play the extra dlc for more l.a. noire. thats why i bought the game in the 1st place.[/QUOTE]
I think you're missing the point. You recieved one bonus hour of game play instead of another 6-10 hour game AND $20 off your next one you buy. I agree that buying the game is what's important, but if you're on a site called Cheap Ass Gamer, you should be seeking the best deal at all times and for LA Noire, Kmart is it.

[quote name='Nitemare25']Speaking of L.A.Noire from GS, an email I got says they just shipped me "LA Noire SD 5/17". Anyone else get that "SD" or have any idea what it stands for? And the date being there is a little odd too.

As for the OP, my guess is he means "negatives," as in physical picture negatives.[/QUOTE]

You got shafted and only got the standard definition game. What did you buy it on? The Wii?

[/QUOTE]

this is a deal, you get an added bonus with the game evidently that other places didn't have. That totally fits here

*edit* looks like bronsen beat me to it

About the bonus... anyone know if this was just for pre-order or if all copies have this? Im also wondering if copies anywhere else have it.

Actually looking online it seems really stuipd. THeres like 5 different exclusives for each retailer. I HATE when companies do bullshit like that. Give me the full game when i buy it, stop giving lame ass exclusives that i cant get unless i buy from a specific retailer. That shit pisses me off

It is testing all my will but I am going to RETURN my copy of LA Noire from Gamestop. The KMart deal is too tempting, a free $20 game and the coupon to buy MSP to get all the DLC. All I know is if these cases cost alot I am gonna be angry!

I hate it when Gamestop gets exclusive stuff. They never have deals and are a God awful place to do business, yet they always get exclusive shit, so smart people that shop at amazon miss out on things!

/rant

[quote name='Zaku77']I hate it when Gamestop gets exclusive stuff. They never have deals and are a God awful place to do business, yet they always get exclusive shit, so smart people that shop at amazon miss out on things!

/rant[/QUOTE]
And they usually get the best exclusive shit at that. Damn you Gamestop. DAMN YOUUUUuuuuu!

Seriously I kinda want that extra case from GS. Hopefully I can find one on ebay for a decent price. Otherwise I guess I wait until they release it.

[quote name='etcrane']Guys ... guys ... it's a contest/ case in game ...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1161081p1.html

http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/la-noire/badge.aspx[/QUOTE]
oh thats kind of bad ass. So it's probably 20 pics of different spots in the game, where a badge can be found.

i traded in NBA2K and Dead Rising 2 for the 50 dollar credit at Gamestop a few weeks...plus being a Power Up Reward Zone member,im getting the game for 7 dollars plus tax! That sounds like a good deal to me

If the Game Stop didnt have the trade in credit,i would definitely go with the Kmart deal...thats an insane amount of bonuses you get just for buying one game

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']i wasn't able to get out at midnight for the release, will this bonus still be included if i pick up tomorrow or whenever?[/QUOTE]

yeah ull get the bonus if u pre-order but thats the only way because it goes with the bonus case.

also kmart does have the best deal hands down but i really have been waiting on this game so the exclusive are a BIG plus for me!

The extra gun was not a secret....folks who pre ordered it prior to 4/30 should get it and the code will be delivered by email (I got mine a few hours ago)...it doesn't come with the game itself.

Along with the DLC code card (this GS DLC is something like 420mb in size and appears to have 200 achievement points associated with it), there is small envelope with film like negatives of various unidentified locations that I'm guessing are approx locations of the badges in the badge challenge.

The game had a round black and silver sticker on the front saying "gamestop pre order exclusive includes "the naked city" and the badge pursuit challenge"
The game has a UPC code number of 710425490248.

Rockstar has said that the pre order bonuses will be made available to everyone later on (likely as paid DLC)
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/09/red-dead-redemption-pre-order-bonuses-to-be-offered-as-dlc-la-n/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheesebu']Is the coupon for +40% trade in inside the game case? Not sure if im opening this one yet.[/QUOTE]

Nope. The cashier gave it to me separately. They should've had a stack of them at checkout. On a side note,the game is amazing (just incase anyone was wondering) :)

Just putting it out there since this Thread is getting a lot of attention, but if anyone wants to trade my best buy midnight dlc for their naked city dlc, PM me! Thanks.

[quote name='DtotheP']Just putting it out there since this Thread is getting a lot of attention, but if anyone wants to trade my best buy midnight dlc for their naked city dlc, PM me! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I also have a best buy dlc to trade either for the gamestop or warmart. hit me up =)

[quote name='K_G']The extra gun was not a secret....folks who pre ordered it prior to 4/30 should get it and the code will be delivered by email (I got mine a few hours ago)...it doesn't come with the game itself.

Along with the DLC code card (this GS DLC is something like 420mb in size and appears to have 200 achievement points associated with it), there is small envelope with film like negatives of various unidentified locations that I'm guessing are approx locations of the badges in the badge challenge.

The game had a round black and silver sticker on the front saying "gamestop pre order exclusive includes "the naked city" and the badge pursuit challenge"
The game has a UPC code number of 710425490248.

Rockstar has said that the pre order bonuses will be made available to everyone later on (likely as paid DLC)
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/09/red-dead-redemption-pre-order-bonuses-to-be-offered-as-dlc-la-n/[/QUOTE]

Did you have to pre-order prior to 4/30 to get the code for the gun, or could you pre-order on the 30th?

I pre-ordered on the 30th, and didn't receive an email.

Just wondering if I'm hosed or not.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Did you have to pre-order prior to 4/30 to get the code for the gun, or could you pre-order on the 30th?

I pre-ordered on the 30th, and didn't receive an email.

Just wondering if I'm hosed or not.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I have that GS promo email anymore and some websites that reported on it say before 4/30 while others say by 4/30. You also need to be a power up rewards member as well. If you didn't get it, you can always contact GS directly to see what is up.

I never got the negative films or is it inside the game case? I just got it this morning and haven't had time to open up the game.

[quote name='lunasicc']I never got the negative films or is it inside the game case? I just got it this morning and haven't had time to open up the game.[/QUOTE]

It is inside with the game.

bread's done
Back