L.A. Noire: Gohastings/Kmart/Both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I'm in a somewhat tricky situation for L.A. Noire, though probably not in the sense you'd normally think.

Late last year, I managed to preorder L.A. Noire for $29.99 when Gohastings made a pricing error and since then I've had the order filled, waiting until the 5/17 release date.

However, I have the Kmart coupons necessary to get L.A. Noire for $14.99 (if I use my $45 coupon) or less (if I use my $45 and $15 coupon and buy something else with L.A. Noire to push the total over $60), plus I would get a $20 coupon and possibly a $19.99 game free (this second part of the deal is still being finalized at the moment). So, I have a few options:

1) Keep the Gohastings copy and find some other use for my $60 in Kmart gaming coupons before they expire on 5/21.

2) Cancel the Gohastings order and buy L.A. Noire from Kmart using one of the plans above.

3) Keep the Gohastings copy and buy a copy from Kmart, later selling the extra copy.

I'm leaning towards the third option, if only because getting the game for $29.99 at launch is pretty incredible and I don't want to simply chuck it away, and I can't think of anything else on which to use my coupons that won't keep me on the Kmart coupon train (before it's suggested, no, I'm not interested in Brink or Lego Pirates).

Oh, and I'm aware of the other promotions going on for the game, including Gamestop's "Trade 2 select games, get $50 toward L.A. Noire" offer, so you don't have to suggest other deals.

What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I certainly wouldn't assume that you're getting the hastings copy. They could always cancel it at the last minute, so keep that in mind.

[quote name='mietha']I certainly wouldn't assume that you're getting the hastings copy. They could always cancel it at the last minute, so keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]That's what I thought when I placed that preorder, but back in December, I (and everyone else who was able to take advantage of the price error) received an email like this (apologies for the hard-to-read blue font):

Thank you for your “LA NOIRE (PS3)” order. As you may have noticed, we had a data error causing us to allow this item to be purchased for $29.99 rather than the regular list price of $59.99.
Although this price is below our cost, in the spirit of the holiday season we have decided to ship your order when this product releases. You will receive a shipment confirmation email after your order is processed on or near its street date.
If you have any questions, you may call goHastings.com guest services at 877-427-8464
Happy Holidays from the goHastings.com Team

So I'm not too worried about not getting the Gohastings copy.

Where are you located? How about you go get the KMart copy and sell me your gohastings copy? I'll gladly pay you $30 + shipping cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't they send you a notice when they ship the game? I'd keep the GoHastings deal. If they don't ship before release and/or cancel the order, just buy it from Kmart on release day.

Thanks for the input, everyone--I've decided to go with the third option of keeping the Gohastings copy, buying a Kmart copy, and selling one of them. Kmart announced a ton of clearance drops on many, many games, and I can get one of the $19.97 ones I want for free with L.A. Noire.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back