Online Prices

Bestbuy.co.uk - £29.99
In stock, 360 only, no pre-order bonus.
Play.com (Price - £39.69)
Exclusive Pre-Order Bonus "A Slip Of The Tongue" Case & Soundtrack Download
HMV.com (Price 34.99)
Machine Gun - The Chicago Piano
Amazon.co.uk (Price 34.99)
"The Broderick" Detective Suit DLC, boosting your fist-fighting capabilities and resilience to damage.
Gamestation.co.uk (Price 39.99)
"The Naked City" DLC
Game.co.uk (Price without DLC 37.99, Price with DLC 39.99)
"The Naked City" DLC
Zavvi.com (Price £36.85)
The Sharpshooter - Detective Suit enhances your aim with rifles and pistols.

Supermarket Prices
  • Asda: £34.97
  • Morrisons: £34.99
  • Sainsburys: £36.99
  • Tesco: £25, when bought with any other 360/PS3 game from the top 20

It certainly is a shame about Game's decision to charge extra for pre-order DLC, but I can't say I'm surprised given their recent track record.

This is a nice list, but I'd like to make an addition to it, if I may. Sainsbury's Entertainment are selling the game at the standard price of £39.99, but new customers can bring the price down to £31.99 by using the code "JSGA2005" at the checkout.

Here is the link: http://www.sainsburysentertainment....&source=cj&network_id=cj&affiliate_id=1546795

Remember that this is only open to new customers, but any returning customers should be able to get round that problem by creating a new account and linking it to a different e-mail address. There also doesn't appear to be any extra content with this version, but I think that the price reduction makes up for that.

Wow, thanks Bobfoc. Think I'll go for that. Not so fussed about the various DLC for now. I think it will be cheaper to skip it for now and download it later.

I do hate the fact that they've cut portions of the game out so they can make more money from people, but I'm weak and will be buying the game day one.

[quote name='Ashwood']

I do hate the fact that they've cut portions of the game out so they can make more money from people, [/QUOTE]

You have to remember it’s a pretty huge game anyway, three discs for the Xbox 360 version.

[quote name='Ashwood']

I do hate the fact that they've cut portions of the game out so they can make more money from people, but I'm weak and will be buying the game day one.[/QUOTE]

They havent cut anything out.. Its just extra stuff. Play.com's mission seems the best though. GAME's is OK.. but Amazons is just a crappy Suit.... Wooooooo.
Sly move though... Surprised they didn't make XBOX people get Disc 1 at Tesco, Disc 2 at Play.Com and Disc 3 at Amazon! :D

[quote name='TheResistance']They havent cut anything out.. Its just extra stuff.[/QUOTE]

DLC was announced in February but they haven't cut anything out ?

Hey man, I just paid $60 (US) and some change for the game, naked city vice case and Badge pursuit challenge. I don't feel ripped off....yet.... It's mainly a matter of what do you want for pre-order bonuses?

[quote name='Ikki']DLC was announced in February but they haven't cut anything out ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. all the games are 100% full.. the DLC is all extra.. hence the higher price at some stores.

[quote name='jcmeadows']Has anyone seen this?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/10/la-noire-rockstar-pass-add-on-spotlighted-in-xbox-marketplace/

Im thinking its like the online pass thing or Cerberus Network card? But if is is a code to get all the preorder DLC that would be something. Guess we will have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that'll actually give you access to the preorder DLC, I'd say it's just the same as any other online pass that's out there (mainly the ME2 Cerberus code since that's a SP game) where you'll need that to download any other DLC that's released in the future and to avail of any other online services like the Rockstar Club challenges (can't remember the proper name for it, Red Dead Redemption had the same thing though). All new copies will probably come with it.

[quote name='Nate-Dog']I doubt that'll actually give you access to the preorder DLC, I'd say it's just the same as any other online pass that's out there (mainly the ME2 Cerberus code since that's a SP game) where you'll need that to download any other DLC that's released in the future and to avail of any other online services like the Rockstar Club challenges (can't remember the proper name for it, Red Dead Redemption had the same thing though). All new copies will probably come with it.[/QUOTE]

Forget what I said. http://lggaming.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/rockstar-pass-not-included-with-new-copies-of-l-a-noire/

[quote name='Bobfoc']It certainly is a shame about Game's decision to charge extra for pre-order DLC, but I can't say I'm surprised given their recent track record.

This is a nice list, but I'd like to make an addition to it, if I may. Sainsbury's Entertainment are selling the game at the standard price of £39.99, but new customers can bring the price down to £31.99 by using the code "JSGA2005" at the checkout.

Here is the link: http://www.sainsburysentertainment....&source=cj&network_id=cj&affiliate_id=1546795

Remember that this is only open to new customers, but any returning customers should be able to get round that problem by creating a new account and linking it to a different e-mail address. There also doesn't appear to be any extra content with this version, but I think that the price reduction makes up for that.[/QUOTE]

it's was £37.99 to preorder it from game until the begining of this week i think and then it went back to £39.99

bread's done
Back