L.A. Noire w/ $15 Gift Card at Best Buy + 500 Bonus Points (YMMV $48.99 PM see OP)

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Best Buy has PMed TRU's offer of a $15 gift card with purchase of L.A. Noire

Edit: You also get 500 RZ Points if you pre-order which amounts to another $10 certificate. Thanks Defendthestar31 for the reminder!

Edit 2: [quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE] You can try to use this to get a PM in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deadpool']You should really be doing that the other way around! #-o[/QUOTE]

Seriously, lol

I'm buying for PS3 because I have both GTA4 and RDR on PS3. I'm OCD like that.

I was almooost going to get it for 360 since RDR ran so much better on that platform, but then I read that L.A. Noire used to be a PS3-exclusive and PS3 is still the lead platform. Crossing my fingers that Rockstar does better this time around.

On the L.A. Noire Wikia is says that along with the Sharpshooter outfit, an in-game handgun called the Nickel Plated Pistol is also included in the Best Buy pre-order pack.

Link:http://lanoire.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sharpshooter

It doesn't say anything about this on the BBY product page so I'm not too sure about this. Can anybody shed some light on this?

[quote name='Deadpool']You should really be doing that the other way around! #-o[/QUOTE]

Most of my 360 friends fail when it comes to games

Finally bit on this deal - it was too good to pass up. Too bad no stores near me are having a midnight release, though. Thanks for the heads up!

Wow awesome deal! just cancelled my amazon order lol. The best part is, I also have a 10 dollar gift certificate that I didn't know I had until I logged into my reward zone page lol.

I'm a little crossed right now with this. I ordered Portal 2 for instore pickup. They shipped out my gift card last month, and I still haven't received it. They just reshipped it since I called to complain (why they couldn't do it as RZ points instead is beyond me).

Midnight release here, or stick with Amazon? Hrmph.

[quote name='karatebear']On the L.A. Noire Wikia is says that along with the Sharpshooter outfit, an in-game handgun called the Nickel Plated Pistol is also included in the Best Buy pre-order pack.

Link:http://lanoire.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sharpshooter

It doesn't say anything about this on the BBY product page so I'm not too sure about this. Can anybody shed some light on this?[/QUOTE]

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/preorder/# if you look at the BBY one, it says SUIT & PISTOL (although when you zoom in it only mentions the suit...)

Well, I had pre-ordered at Gamestop when they were giving 25% bonus trade-in credit. Now I want to cancel and go with BB instead. Not that familiar with Gamestop's policies - what kind of hit will I take if I bail on that pre-order?

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Well, I had pre-ordered at Gamestop when they were giving 25% bonus trade-in credit. Now I want to cancel and go with BB instead. Not that familiar with Gamestop's policies - what kind of hit will I take if I bail on that pre-order?[/QUOTE]

Nothing i believe, they just give you the credit back on your Edge Card (If you have one), or a Gift Card.

Though, you might piss off an employee though.

Does the pre-order bonus come inside the game or is it on a little booklet the employees have to give you? I've had numerous problems with employees forgetting to give me those booklets and then it's impossible to prove I didn't receive them when I come complaining the next day...

[quote name='dafunkk12']I'm hoping a 360 vs PS3 comparison is released prior to the game coming out. I prefer playing games on my 360, but since this began as a PS3 exclusive, it might be one of the special games that noticeably performs better on PS3.

I currently have both a 360 & a PS3 copy reserved at Gamestop (so I can pick up the PS3 version if it turns out it does perform better), and I don't want to do that again through Best Buy if I don't have to.[/QUOTE]

I decided on the PS3 version because I'm too lazy to swap discs

there is a good chance this game may not cost you more than $30+tax.
You get a $15 gift card
$10 reward zone points
and there is a good chance you can sell the DLC for at least $10 on ebay.

Who knows there may be a price drop within a month so even more savings.

Lol, why sell the DLC for barely 10$? The only time i'd consider selling it is when they were worth upwards of 30$. (Like with Dissidia 012, or Mortal Kombat)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol, why sell the DLC for barely 10$? The only time i'd consider selling it is when they were worth upwards of 30$. (Like with Dissidia 012, or Mortal Kombat)[/QUOTE]

or Brink ;)

But $10 > an asthetic change + better aiming

Eh, i guess. I always like keeping them though, never know if they might ever get released for sale. (Well, Noire's likely will, but lots of other games never do)

[quote name='theEchness']Anyone know if you have to return the $15 GC, if you return the game?[/QUOTE]

not sure but i highly doubt you could keep the GC if you returned the game.

[quote name='havuk']not sure but i highly doubt you could keep the GC if you returned the game.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda what I thought. Think I'm still gonna try though.

I thought they just deducted the Gift Card value from the Return price. Theres no way they'd let you keep the Gift Card. Pretty much all stores have some way to tell

[quote name='dgwillia006']I thought they just deducted the Gift Card value from the Return price. Theres no way they'd let you keep the Gift Card. Pretty much all stores have some way to tell[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. Damn them and their computers and knowing stuff.

I pre-ordered and got the $15 gift card, but didn't see the 500 bonus points. But I didn't link enter my RZ card info at the order, either. Should I go back and cancel that order, and re-order using the RZ card?

[quote name='shieryda']I pre-ordered and got the $15 gift card, but didn't see the 500 bonus points. But I didn't link enter my RZ card info at the order, either. Should I go back and cancel that order, and re-order using the RZ card?[/QUOTE]

yes, you won't get your bonus points unless you enter your RZ card number.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']yes, you won't get your bonus points unless you enter your RZ card number.[/QUOTE]
I linked my Rewards Zone card and it still hasn't showed up.

[quote name='KratosKilla']I linked my Rewards Zone card and it still hasn't showed up.[/QUOTE]

bonus points don't credit until you actually pick up the game.

[quote name='theEchness']Anyone know if you have to return the $15 GC, if you return the game?[/QUOTE]

Customer Service just told me that I'd be charged $15 for the gift card, if I returned the game.

I can't cancel this order because my gift card has already "shipped". I guess I'll have to fight with the manager in-store in order to get all the goodies with this pre-order.:cry:

Canceled my pre-order at Amazon for this. I had a $10 gift card from getting Mortal Kombat from BB last month so I used it but I did have a problem with my local store when I placed an order online and used a GC for in-store pick-up. Hopefully that crap doesn't happen again.

[quote name='Animekatt']Also, there are some BBY stores that will have a midnight release of this game. When you attend, you get the "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson case.

http://stores.bestbuy.com/608/event/solving-crime-starts-at-midnight/

Click here to find out if your store is doing it as well.

So to summarize what you will be getting at BBY:

$15 Gift Card
$10 RZ certificate if you preorder the game by 5/16/11
"The Sharpshooter" Detective suit with purchase of the game
"Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case when you attend your store's midnight release

Needless to say, I will be going to my store's midnight release. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I'm a little slow... I can't find a way to see if my store (Bangor, ME 04401) is doing a midnight launch...

I clicked on the link but couldn't find anywhere to check that location

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm a little slow... I can't find a way to see if my store (Bangor, ME 04401) is doing a midnight launch...

I clicked on the link but couldn't find anywhere to check that location[/QUOTE]

Scroll over the midnight store openings to see if your store is included, though from the looks of it from a quick check it is not.

I'm 75 points away from another 10 dollar gc in the gamer club, plus the 500 bonus points, plus the 2 bonuses, plus the 15 dollar credit. I'm doing this.

[quote name='beerrun']Scroll over the midnight store openings to see if your store is included, though from the looks of it from a quick check it is not.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. IE at work is very glitchy.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm a little slow... I can't find a way to see if my store (Bangor, ME 04401) is doing a midnight launch...

I clicked on the link but couldn't find anywhere to check that location[/QUOTE]

I think the real problem is that you're in Bangor, Me ;)...jk, I used to live in Machias for 3 years and Bangor is like New York City compared to that place. It used to be a big event to drive in just to go to the Olive Garden, shows how bad we had it when we'd drive 4 hours round trip for that crap.

Good luck with your midnight launch.

anyone notice the fine print? hoping this does not apply....

Limit 3 copies per title, maximum 1500 bonus points. Reward Zone® program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points (as defined in the applicable rules) will not be multiplied. Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. Items must be purchased on same receipt. Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s). Points are not awarded for instant and mail-in rebates; promotional gift card offers; Best Buy Gift Card redemptions; sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges and restocking fees; prior purchases; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items. Valid at BestBuy.com and Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Games must be pre-ordered by 5/16/11, and purchased between 5/17/11 and 5/21/11.

[quote name='AyoTech']anyone notice the fine print? hoping this does not apply....

Limit 3 copies per title, maximum 1500 bonus points. Reward Zone® program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points (as defined in the applicable rules) will not be multiplied. Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. Items must be purchased on same receipt. Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s). Points are not awarded for instant and mail-in rebates; promotional gift card offers; Best Buy Gift Card redemptions; sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges and restocking fees; prior purchases; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items. Valid at BestBuy.com and Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Games must be pre-ordered by 5/16/11, and purchased between 5/17/11 and 5/21/11.[/QUOTE]

There was a giftcard offer for Portal 2 as well and that didn't seem to effect the bonus points.

[quote name='AyoTech']anyone notice the fine print? hoping this does not apply....

Limit 3 copies per title, maximum 1500 bonus points. Reward Zone® program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points (as defined in the applicable rules) will not be multiplied. Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. Items must be purchased on same receipt. Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s). Points are not awarded for instant and mail-in rebates; promotional gift card offers; Best Buy Gift Card redemptions; sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges and restocking fees; prior purchases; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items. Valid at BestBuy.com and Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Games must be pre-ordered by 5/16/11, and purchased between 5/17/11 and 5/21/11.[/QUOTE]

Yea I saw that too and I have $30 in RZ Certificates and Gift Cards to use. If I do this will I still be able to get the 500 point pre-order bonus and the $15 GC?

Props for this, I pre-ordered in store today for the extra 500 points. Now I just ordered it online for the points AND the gift card, love this website!

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wouldnt the Gift Card be instore too? I'd like to know before i go out in the middle of a storm when i could just do it online XD.[/QUOTE]

It says online only, but I'm not really sure what you're asking. You want to know if you can get the gift card in store, but you want to order online?

[quote name='TheArtofRuin']Props for this, I pre-ordered in store today for the extra 500 points. Now I just ordered it online for the points AND the gift card, love this website![/QUOTE]

I think I maybe missing something but why the two pre-orders? Why wouldn't you just pre-order online to pickup in store to get the gift card (although shipped, not picked up with the game), the pre-order points and all the DLC stuff?

[quote name='dino88']It says online only, but I'm not really sure what you're asking. You want to know if you can get the gift card in store, but you want to order online?[/QUOTE]

No, i meant could you pre-order in store and get the gift card there too.

I wouldnt want to risk ordering online, and not be able to get it during the midnight release.

No double dipping so to speak.

"Free Gift Card Offer
Online only. "Excludes prior purchases. May not be valid in combination with other offers. Gift Card good toward future purchase.

So you can get the gift card if you order online or you can get the 10 RZ cert. with a pre-order. Not both.

[quote name='digitalturtle']No double dipping so to speak.

"Free Gift Card Offer
Online only. "Excludes prior purchases. May not be valid in combination with other offers. Gift Card good toward future purchase.

So you can get the gift card if you order online or you can get the 10 RZ cert. with a pre-order. Not both.[/QUOTE]
That is not true at all. I pre-ordered Portal 2, got the GC and the RZ points.

How does preordering online and picking up in-store work? Do you print out a receipt and present it at the store to pick up your game?

[quote name='Zbornak']How does preordering online and picking up in-store work? Do you print out a receipt and present it at the store to pick up your game?[/QUOTE]
They'll send you an email when it's ready to pick up, probably some time Tuesday morning before the store opens.

I was going to buy from gamestop because of the preorder bonus, but with the additional gift card, it's hard to turn down. I guess I'm bringing my ds and going a little earlier for the chance to get the dlc.

bread's done
Back