L.A. Noire w/ $15 Gift Card at Best Buy + 500 Bonus Points (YMMV $48.99 PM see OP)

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Best Buy has PMed TRU's offer of a $15 gift card with purchase of L.A. Noire

Edit: You also get 500 RZ Points if you pre-order which amounts to another $10 certificate. Thanks Defendthestar31 for the reminder!

Edit 2: [quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE] You can try to use this to get a PM in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question, do you HAVE to pick up the game from Customer Service if you pre-ordered?

I ask because im gonna try to PM that BestBuy.com 48.99 price (A screenshot), and im pretty sure i'd have better luck with a cashier than i would with the Customer Service people xD.

Stopped by my local BB and was told that they will not PM the $15 GC, that I should order online and cancel the in-store pre-order. This BB has always been known as a stickler though so as always YMMV.

I asked how many DLC codes they got for the midnight release and I was informed that 9 for PS3 and 6 for X360.

My guess is that they got more, and the employees already jacked them. Weaksauce!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Stopped by my local BB and was told that they will not PM the $15 GC, that I should order online and cancel the in-store pre-order. This BB has always been known as a stickler though so as always YMMV.

I asked how many DLC codes they got for the midnight release and I was informed that 9 for PS3 and 6 for X360.

My guess is that they got more, and the employees already jacked them. Weaksauce![/QUOTE]

You could always try PMing Toys R Us's deal for the 15$ GC.

Either way, thanks for reminding me to call up my BB and see if they know how many codes they got

A screenshot?
There needs to be a category added to the Cheapy awards for the real, cheapees.

Trying to pricematch a mistake with a screen print and expecting success, that's a huge pair.
Why not just photoshop the price down to $20???

Anyway, to answer your question, you have to go to the store pickup location in customer service to get your preorder.

But show the guy who takes out the trash, probably will have the same luck.

[quote name='dgwillia006']You could always try PMing Toys R Us's deal for the 15$ GC.

Either way, thanks for reminding me to call up my BB and see if they know how many codes they got[/QUOTE]

This store never and I mean never PMs when it comes to GC's offered w/purchase.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']

My guess is that they got more, and the employees already jacked them. Weaksauce![/QUOTE]

Probably...the website and weekly ad guaranteed 16 for each system minimum.

[quote name='Zimmy']A screenshot?
There needs to be a category added to the Cheapy awards for the real, cheapees.

Trying to pricematch a mistake with a screen print and expecting success, that's a huge pair.
Why not just photoshop the price down to $20???

Anyway, to answer your question, you have to go to the store pickup location in customer service to get your preorder.

But show the guy who takes out the trash, probably will have the same luck.[/QUOTE]

No need to be a douche, im just trying -_-. Thanks for answering my question with that condescending tone though.

Also, i have had it work in the past before. No reason not to try, ill just go a no and be on my way, or ill end up getting it cheaper than you. Not gonna ruin my night or anything

Either way, 16 for each console at my store. Guess ill probally show up at 11:30

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Someone is selling 3 Nicholson Electroplating DLC on ebay lol I wonder how they got them lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']

Looks like this detective's first case is closed. *puts on sunglasses*

Why does the email I just received ask to bring the purchasers credit card? I though Family/Friend pickup was available. I called Best Buy and asked about it and they said all you need is an ID and the order number. Is there anyone with experience doing this, know what I'm supposed to do?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']This store never and I mean never PMs when it comes to GC's offered w/purchase.[/QUOTE]

Then you should report them to Corp. so the regional/store managers can be notified to follow policy.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']This store never and I mean never PMs when it comes to GC's offered w/purchase.[/QUOTE]

Per Bestbuy.com's website on their in-store price match policy:

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

The store can argue all it wants...it's wrong. Print off their website and take it in and show them.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Quick question, do you HAVE to pick up the game from Customer Service if you pre-ordered?

I ask because im gonna try to PM that BestBuy.com 48.99 price (A screenshot), and im pretty sure i'd have better luck with a cashier than i would with the Customer Service people xD.[/QUOTE]

The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.

[quote name='ssr']Per Bestbuy.com's website on their in-store price match policy:

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

The store can argue all it wants...it's wrong. Print off their website and take it in and show them.[/QUOTE]

Sweet...thank you!

[quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Going to use that to try and get it price matched using that.

[quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for this. I'll add this to the OP and give you credit.

[quote name='dinokill']I'm doing a store pick-up and my state-ID is expired. Would they accept that?[/QUOTE]

Any form of photo ID would be fine. Don't forget to bring the debit/credit card you used to pay for your pre-order as well!

[quote name='scarhawk']I managed to do a PM online and got a digital coupon. But it expires in 30 days (hmm)[/QUOTE]

Those digital giftcards are a bitch

[quote name='scarhawk']I managed to do a PM online and got a digital coupon. But it expires in 30 days (hmm)[/QUOTE]

So wait, you got a digital coupon for asking them to do what, match the the $15 toys r us gift card or the K-MART $20 price match??

I ask because I'm wondering if they will price match K-mart's gift card if I pick it up in store (will I need to bring proof?) or if I can even do this online somehow.. didn't see a place to actually DO the price match online on Best Buy's website...

Hmm...just perordered online a few minutes before midnite. My BB is less than 10 minutes away so I'm debating about driving over there right now to get the DLC. Wonder if they'll let me pick up a pre-order I just placed...thoughts anyone? I haven't received a "you're order is ready" email yet, just an order confirmation

How soon are you guys going to line up for this? I want the DLC but I don't really want to go that early, lol. I don't expect a lot of people to show up to the midnight release, but you never know.

Thanks for the iPhone app tip! They (amazingly) matched with no hassles. Nice deal all around.

Also, there were only about 8 people at my BB (Strongsville, OH) and the store had plenty of DLC cards for each system.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Thanks for the iPhone app tip! They (amazingly) matched with no hassles. Nice deal all around.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Hopefully works for me in the am. Thanks for the update.

Bah, my store's employee told me the manager didnt give him approval to PM stuff tonight. Guess ill try my luck with that tommorow morning, either way, the guy was nice enough to give me 2 DLC codes, a free Gamer mag AND a soda xD.

Got the iPhone app PM, did not get the extra $5 on the GC. No matter. Anyone else notice the Electroplating DLC is yours *when it becomes available for D/L*? You go to RS's website, punch in your code from BB, then you get another code to D/L the DLC when it's available.

Got to the store here in columbus ohio and was told they didn't get any of the dlc, all 9 of us who were there only got a soda and a crappy magazine :(

Did talk with a fellow cag there though, and they did take our names/address and phone numbers so they can send it to us when they get it in. I doubt we ever see them.

Got to Frederick, MD BBY at 11:50, and was sixth in line. Got in, got my in-store pickup and the bonus Case DLC, and was out the door in 5 minutes. $52.99 with digi coupon from Portal 2.

Kinda wish I had gone to the midnight release in Webster now. I wonder if I could still get a code if I left now...

What's the website to redeem the code for the Electroplating DLC?

The store I went to said they never got the codes so I called the next nearest store doing the midnight launch, gave him my purchase info, and he gave me a PS3 code for it over the phone, was pretty awesome of him and glad I thought of it before they left...but I must have mistyped the website.

Came from the midnight launch. The stacks of DLC behind the counter at my store (which had only 8 people show up, 3 of them couples buying 1 game) seemed to be more than 16 sheets deep. Something tells me the first few people to buy the game in the morning would still be able to get the DLC code.

They also were giving away copies of @Gamer magazine but my store had only had four issues...

Note that it seems the free Coke is for Coke, Diet Coke, or Dasani--Cherry Coke, Sprite, Pibb, etc do not qualify. You also don't get free Coke with online in-store pick-up, but you still get DLC.

Speaking of in-store pickup, I was able to call RZ customer support and get them to match the $48.99 price listed on the Best Buy Gaming app. Please note that they can only price-match the in-store pick-up *AFTER* you actually pick up the game. (I tried doing the pricematch while sitting in my car waiting for the store to open and was told the above.)

My store was also running some other deals on XBL memberships, DS3 controllers, and Turtle Beach headsets and also put out some of the Tuesday new release movies. Sorry, I didn't get down the details since either the deals weren't spectacular or I didn't personally need the items.

[quote name='grizbo']What's the website to redeem the code for the Electroplating DLC?

The store I went to said they never got the codes so I called the next nearest store doing the midnight launch, gave him my purchase info, and he gave me a PS3 code for it over the phone, was pretty awesome of him and glad I thought of it before they left...but I must have mistyped the website.[/QUOTE]
http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/BestBuyLaunch

That said, at the moment, it redirects to an error page. (Maybe have to wait for west coast to catch up?)

[quote name='dafunkk12']http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/BestBuyLaunch

That said, at the moment, it redirects to an error page. (Maybe have to wait for west coast to catch up?)[/QUOTE]

Thanks much. (Had it right, just didn't realize it was giving an error to everyone :))

On a completely unrelated note, I get a kick out of how many Best Buy employees butcher the title of this game into one word, somehow reading and saying it as Lanoire or Lanour (-our as in "sour"). I've heard it twice, once with support when I called on Sunday to get them to match the $48.99 price and today on the phone with the guy giving me the DLC code. It's starting to grow on me in a weird, petname-y sort of way.

[quote name='dafunkk12']
Speaking of in-store pickup, I was able to call RZ customer support and get them to match the $48.99 price listed on the Best Buy Gaming app. Please note that they can only price-match the in-store pick-up *AFTER* you actually pick up the game. (I tried doing the pricematch while sitting in my car waiting for the store to open and was told the above.)
[/QUOTE]

Nice. I'll probably take that approach tomorrow. I tried to contact Best Buy about the $48.99 and they told me I would have to speak to a Best Buy manager tomorrow. I'm not much on speaking to the Customer Service reps at my store. I've had issues in the past.

Well I just went by the Cambridge, MA store to try to have my last minute online pre-order filled, but the store wasn't even open. Website says they're supposed to be doing the launch from 12am-2am. Got there a few mins before 12:30 and the store was dark, gates down, etc. Kinda hard to imagine they actually were open at all and got out of there that fast...

Might try again in the morning. Screw you BB, you owe me 30 minutes of sleep...

[quote name='dmdragon']Got to the store here in columbus ohio and was told they didn't get any of the dlc, all 9 of us who were there only got a soda and a crappy magazine :(

Did talk with a fellow cag there though, and they did take our names/address and phone numbers so they can send it to us when they get it in. I doubt we ever see them.[/QUOTE]

Same happened in Coral Springs, FL-- except we didn't get a magazine or a soda. Way to go Best Buy

[quote name='jaide']Kinda wish I had gone to the midnight release in Webster now. I wonder if I could still get a code if I left now...[/QUOTE]

If you talking Webster, Tx there is like 10 people in line right now

So I'm on the BB app and I don't see the $48.99 price anywhere. When I searched for LA Noire it shows $59.99 preorder. Am I missing something?

FYI don't be stupid like me and the first thing you do is go to the PSN Store option in game, all it did was freeze the game entirely but the menu music kept playing the same 3 notes over and over.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So I'm on the BB app and I don't see the $48.99 price anywhere. When I searched for LA Noire it shows $59.99 preorder. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Launch the gaming app, select 'New and Pre Releases', then scroll down to LA Noir. Click on either XBox or PS3 version and it shows regular price along with sale price. Hope it helps. Just checked right now and it still shows the lower price.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So I'm on the BB app and I don't see the $48.99 price anywhere. When I searched for LA Noire it shows $59.99 preorder. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

You need to download the Best Buy Gaming App. That is where the game is listed at $48.99.

[quote name='flizmo007']Launch the gaming app, select 'New and Pre Releases', then scroll down to LA Noir. Click on either XBox or PS3 version and it shows regular price along with sale price. Hope it helps. Just checked right now and it still shows the lower price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't realize there was a GAMING app and just a standard Best Buy app. This will come in handy at midnight :) Cheers!

bread's done
Back