L.A. Noire w/ $15 Gift Card at Best Buy + 500 Bonus Points (YMMV $48.99 PM see OP)

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Best Buy has PMed TRU's offer of a $15 gift card with purchase of L.A. Noire

Edit: You also get 500 RZ Points if you pre-order which amounts to another $10 certificate. Thanks Defendthestar31 for the reminder!

Edit 2: [quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE] You can try to use this to get a PM in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man now I'm nervous. Called my local to confirm they were doing the midnight opening. They said yes. Should have asked to confirm the dlc case. I'm not gonna be happy if I stay up and it's not there.

It's 10p now on the west coast. Planning on arriving at 11p. Sounds like most people buying the 360, so hopefully I'll be able to get a ps3 code.

[quote name='paidndade']If you talking Webster, Tx there is like 10 people in line right now[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Nevermind then I guess. Hope everyone gets their dlc.

[quote name='mkm1998']Man now I'm nervous. Called my local to confirm they were doing the midnight opening. They said yes. Should have asked to confirm the dlc case. I'm not gonna be happy if I stay up and it's not there.

It's 10p now on the west coast. Planning on arriving at 11p. Sounds like most people buying the 360, so hopefully I'll be able to get a ps3 code.[/QUOTE]

I'm heading out near Sacramento too; I called a store earlier who said they had "17". not sure if that was total or for a particular console.

[quote name='jaide']Yeah. Nevermind then I guess. Hope everyone gets their dlc.[/QUOTE]

They had a bunch of cards it seemed so I would still check it out. There were like 15 people total in line and I know for a fact everybody wasnt getting it for the same system or getting two

[quote name='sgaldis']So was the Sharpshooter DLC included in the game case?[/QUOTE]

Yeah all DLC is in the game case.

What's more, the barcodes are different.
Gamestop: 7 10425 47025 7
Bestbuy: 7 10425 47031 8

pre-ordered yesterday and everything went smooth tonight. only about 15 people total with a few being couples and parent/child. only myself and one other guy pre-ordered. We had to goto CS to pick it up and they had their own bonus DLC attached to each order. I would think if you pre-ordered it for instore pick up at a midnight launch store and didn't pick it up tonight that it would still be with your copy when you get around to picking it up.

[quote name='paidndade']They had a bunch of cards it seemed so I would still check it out. There were like 15 people total in line and I know for a fact everybody wasnt getting it for the same system or getting two[/QUOTE]

Cool! Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll try my luck.

Crap, just double checked the website, and while it does say under my local store they are doing a midnight opening for la noire, no where does it mention the dlc case. The store isn't even listed on the main la noire site! So are they doing a 'midnight-lite' opening? Is that even possible?

Kind of a flop night I think.

Codes didn't arrive, so we didn't get them either. We gave email addresses and were told we'd get them soon.

I did the "exchange" that I was told would be fine (instore pickup, changing from 360 to PS3 version), and the rep didn't ring it up right I don't think. She gave me a $10 gift card, and did it as a return. Ugh. We'll see if I get charged the $15 for the $15 in the mail, and if I don't get my RZ points.

Add to it, switching to the PS3 made it so I don't get pre-order bonuses or that extra case yet because the PSN store is down still . . . ugh.

Flop :(

I got in and out fairly quick, they let us in about 10 minutes before-hand just so we could stand inside. BBY employee said we would get a free drink and @Gamer mag as well, but when I got to the register they came up with some excuse to not give it to me because I had placed the order online. Good thing I hadn't already opened the water I was going to take.

EDIT: The URL on the back of the Nicholson Electroplating card doesn't seem to be active at the moment.

Just got the Gamer app for Android...If I can price match my 5 pre-order copies down to $48.99, this will be EPIC. Getting the extra $5 added to each of my 3 in-store pre order GC's would be pure icing on the cake.

[quote name='sgaldis']Just got the Gamer app for Android...If I can price match my 5 pre-order copies down to $48.99, this will be EPIC. Getting the extra $5 added to each of my 3 in-store pre order GC's would be pure icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know how price matching the app goes.

[quote name='dafunkk12']

Speaking of in-store pickup, I was able to call RZ customer support and get them to match the $48.99 price listed on the Best Buy Gaming app. Please note that they can only price-match the in-store pick-up *AFTER* you actually pick up the game. (I tried doing the pricematch while sitting in my car waiting for the store to open and was told the above.)[/QUOTE]

Trying to understand this (and use it myself): I preordered the game online for in-store pickup. My bank account has already got a pending transaction in the $63 total. I can go in tomorrow to pick the game up and attempt to price match the $50 app price? And if that doesn't work, I can call RZ customer support and attempt to get them to price match it? I'm just asking because it appears that the transaction has already been applied to my card and the store I go to wouldn't be able to alter that.

Can anyone confirm if they went to a store that wasn't listed on the website but was having a midnight opening. And if so, did they have the midnight DLc?

Was anyone who got the code able to redeem? I went on the website and it told me "your code will be available once the DLC becomes available on June 21st" Although it didn't convert the code into an XB360 code...just told me to come back. Wondering if it is supposed to give me the XB360 code or not.

the website is www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/BestBuyLaunch

edit: talking about the Nicholson case you got for attending the midnight release

[quote name='gage006']Any CAGs at the Gresham store? Be nice to know the line before I leave my nice warm house just to be the only one there.[/QUOTE]

I was about to head out in a minute. I wasn't able to get any of my friends to go with me so I'll be waiting in by myself it seems.

[quote name='Flesseck']So are the pre-order bonuses enclosed in the game case or printed on receipt?[/QUOTE]

The pre-order bonus is inside the case.
The midnight bonus is on a stand-alone piece of paper.

[quote name='BeauNER']I was about to head out in a minute. I wasn't able to get any of my friends to go with me so I'll be waiting in by myself it seems.[/QUOTE]

Guess we'll find out together then, haha.

[quote name='gage006']Guess we'll find out together then, haha.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm currious about how big of a line the Gresham store will have.

I can't believe I'm actually standing outside in the freezing ass cold and I also can't believe there are other people here too.

Side note, I used the portal 2 $10 gc, I got the $10 rz cert and the $15 gc for pre ordering, and online customer sent me an additional $15 gc for the pricing error from yesterday. My question: if I still try to price the $49 price from the BB gaming app, am I an asshole?

Update: the manager told me the $49 price is only valid on orders made through the app. She said it's some marketing thing where they're tracking app based sales. But apparently you can still place the order through the phone and pick it up in the store to get the $49 price, it just makes more hoops for these best buy employees to jump through.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DtotheP']I can't believe I'm actually standing outside in the freezing ass cold and I also can't believe there are other people here too.

Side note, I used the portal 2 $10 gc, I got the $10 rz cert and the $15 gc for pre ordering, and online customer sent me an additional $15 gc for the pricing error from yesterday. My question: if I still try to price the $49 price from the BB gaming app, am I an asshole?

Update: the manager told me the $49 price is only valid on orders made through the app. She said it's some marketing thing where they're tracking app based sales. But apparently you can still place the order through the phone and pick it up in the store to get the $49 price, it just makes more hoops for these best buy employees to jump through.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if Kmart PM. Next to BB, Kmart has the best deal on this game I think.

I decided not to go to the midnight launch. It's already cold inside my house. I can't imagine waiting in line. Plus finding out I forgot to do an essay that's due tomorrow night made it clear that I probably shouldn't play tonight. Oh well... 1 more week until the end of the semester.

Awesome heads up! I got the supervisor to check out the app and he showed the manager and they gave everyone in the store the $48.99 price plus all the goodies :) But we only got $10 gift cards instead of $15, anyone know the deal behind that? Not gonna fuss since I was able to get the game for only $48.99, but just wondering.

Where's the sharpshooter DLC? and whats this naked city DLC inside?

EDIT; did I get Gamestops preorder content in a bestbuy wrapper?!

photo.JPG

Just got home from the midnight launch only 5 people showed up. lol They gave us a free coke or water, free $10 GC, free BB Gamer mag, and the free BB DLC called Nicholson Electroplating Arson Case. Sadly when I got home, 45 min trip back I found out my DLC code is for the PS3 and not the 360. I'm going to have to go back later on today and hope they still have some. If not I'll call CS and see if they will kindly send me a 360 code. Other then that pretty happy.

[quote name='mgford11']Where's the sharpshooter DLC? and whats this naked city DLC inside? EDIT; did I get Gamestops preorder content in a bestbuy wrapper?![/QUOTE] I think you did. lol

So awesome story about BB that actually has a happy ending (I hope):

So waited outside my local BB for the midnight opening. Only 4 other people showed up, and they were all getting the 360 version so I was the only one picking up the ps3 version. They open the doors, and the first guy in line already asks about the midnight dlc. Turns out that since my local store wasn't listed on the main website they did not have any midnight release codes. We were all bummed, but what can you do?

So I'm the only one who did product pick up, so the manager had to take me over to the customer service section. So we started talking, nice guy actually. Says he tried to request the midnight dlc codes from corporate but they were shot down due to already being allocated in the region. I asked him nicely if he would try calling one of the stores that did have the codes, and just see if they had any extras. He said he tried for one of the other customers already, but would try one more time. Takes out his cell phone and calls, and this time the other store picks up. Turns out they were given 'over 20' of the cards, and had plenty left over (apparently at 12.05a I'm guessing they had as many people as my store had, haha). So the manager asked them to hold one of the ps3 cards for him. Got off the phone, took my name and number down, and said he would drive down to the other store, pick it up, and give me a call on Wednesday when he was back at this store. That other store is a good 30 minutes away each way, so that well above and beyond my expectations.

Now true this may all fall apart and until I stop by on Wednesday I may not actually get it, but at least he seemed genuine, and understood the situation.

So yeah, I'm happy right now.

#2 in line. In and out in no time. Gonna call tomorrow and see if I can get adjusted to the 49$ price, if not, no big deal. Pretty happy with my store's midnight launch. Hope they do more of these. Might get me to stop supporting Amazon so much.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the Reward Zone points post to one's account. I hopped on the deal and pre-ordered around 30 minutes before midnight (west coast time) and just wanted to gauge how prompt it would show up in my RZ account.

[quote name='dablackmamba']Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the Reward Zone points post to one's account. I hopped on the deal and pre-ordered around 30 minutes before midnight (west coast time) and just wanted to gauge how prompt it would show up in my RZ account.[/QUOTE]

After you pick up, they should show as pending on your account. There will be a little icon next to pending that you can click on, it'll give you an estimate. No sooner than 30 days though (so you can't return it after getting your points, obviously)

[quote name='gage006']After you pick up, they should show as pending on your account. There will be a little icon next to pending that you can click on, it'll give you an estimate. No sooner than 30 days though (so you can't return it after getting your points, obviously)[/QUOTE]

More like 3-5 days to show up in your acct, and 35 days to become available to use.

So many nice stories.

Unfortunately no one told the Pinole, CA store that they were on the midnight launch list. Waited for an hour and no go. Stupid Best Buy.

[quote name='ssr']Trying to understand this (and use it myself): I preordered the game online for in-store pickup. My bank account has already got a pending transaction in the $63 total. I can go in tomorrow to pick the game up and attempt to price match the $50 app price? And if that doesn't work, I can call RZ customer support and attempt to get them to price match it? I'm just asking because it appears that the transaction has already been applied to my card and the store I go to wouldn't be able to alter that.[/QUOTE]
Instead of being able to adjust the price that will be charged to you, it seems they instead charge you the full price listed on your order and then issue a credit after you actually pick up the game. This credit also includes whatever tax would have been charged from the difference in prices. Unless you can't wait the couple of hours or days for the credit to apply to your account, it effectively doesn't matter that they adjust the price after the fact instead of before, especially since you obviously have enough available credit to pay the full price anyway.

In-store pickup online orders are still technically BestBuy.com orders, but "fulfill" items through a store's inventory instead of through some warehouse. You won't be able to price-match at the store (and with the store's customer service department) since you're not actually buying the game through that store (ie, you're buying it from BestBuy.com). Instead, you'll need to call up BBY's customer support and they're the ones who'll handle any BestBuy.com order price-matching.

I have RZ Silver, so I have a 24/7 customer support number and called it after getting home. Don't know if the normal CS number is also 24/7, but you might want to price-match ASAP before the price on the BBY Gaming app gets updated.

Just received an e-mail from BB saying that you receive a $10 GC purchasing the game. I'm guessing the $10 is for people who didn't pre-order and walking in to buy?

[quote name='Raye']Just received an e-mail from BB saying that you receive a $10 GC purchasing the game. I'm guessing the $10 is for people who didn't pre-order and walking in to buy?[/QUOTE]

Yes a $10 gc is the instore deal.

You guys all got swag bags? We didn't get drinks or magazines or anything.

[quote name='mgford11']Where's the sharpshooter DLC? and whats this naked city DLC inside?

EDIT; did I get Gamestops preorder content in a bestbuy wrapper?!

photo.JPG
[/QUOTE]

You got the naked city dlc?? I got the consul's car too.

Oh, nvm, it's a ps3 thing. Damn, I really wanted the naked city, and I just ruined the possibility that I could do a gamestop swap by opening the wrapper...doh! Ah, it's for the best...

[quote name='jaide']Yeah. Nevermind then I guess. Hope everyone gets their dlc.[/QUOTE]

They prob have at least 8-10 left for 360 and ps3 each at webster there was only @ 10 peeps and i kno half of those were actually buying the game.

Also does anyone kno of the gamestop dlc case can be activated immediately or you gotta wait? I'd be willing to trade the best buy dlc for gamestop case. I might end up just returning best buy and try to buy at gamestop to get em both since BBy was on a separate card.

I really lucked out on this one. I originally already had a $20 Best buy GC and a $10 Rewards zone GC. When I tried to use the Rewards zone GC it messed up and applied the GC, but upon checkout said it was "used" and couldn't check out.

I called customer support and they reissued me a $20 rewards zone GC to replace the one their system messed up (They said it was used, but they couldn't see it applied to anything) so I picked LA Noire up for $22 (and then I get the GC's on top of that). I've had a bad opinion on best buy lately, but this makes up for it... a little.

So i called best buy about the gc only being 10 when I was told by the rep when i ordered in store that i would get 15 and the fact that they didn't have any dlc. I was yelled at and treated very rudely. Called back today and spoke with someone who gave me a 25 dollar gc for my trouble and they are going to look into getting me the dlc.

I will say that for the most part, best buy's customer service is pretty damn good.

...um... so I called them about PMing my online, in-store pick-up purchase from $59.99 down to the $48.99 price the day before release and got a case number for it and everything, right? But now after picking up the game and checking my gift card balance today, it seems like rather than debiting me back the $11+tax difference, they pared the full price down to JUST the $11+tax difference.

Obviously this can't stand, but it's certainly... interesting.

bread's done
Back