L.A. Noire w/ $15 Gift Card at Best Buy + 500 Bonus Points (YMMV $48.99 PM see OP)

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Best Buy has PMed TRU's offer of a $15 gift card with purchase of L.A. Noire

Edit: You also get 500 RZ Points if you pre-order which amounts to another $10 certificate. Thanks Defendthestar31 for the reminder!

Edit 2: [quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE] You can try to use this to get a PM in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nuuuuj']Bonus points can take up to 35 days to change from pending to posted. I would wait.[/QUOTE]

I got my 500 bonus points from pre-ordering Portal 2, I'm just wondering when do I get my points for going over $150 in gaming purchases.

Could anyone else help me with this?

[quote name='texasnightowl']I did the pre-order Monday afternoon and picked up the game in store Tuesday evening. My RZ account shows 2 transactions...1 for 64.64 (the game plus tax) which shows 500 + 59 points pending. The second is a zero transaction with no points attached. Why there is a 2nd transaction showing I have no idea. But my 500 + 59 does show as pending where I image it will stay for the next 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Cool cool. Guess I gotta make a call into BB Customer Service. I made my pre-order hella late - at 11:30 west coast time so hopefully they're understanding that I still met the requirements of purchasing it on Monday.

I've been hitting up BB Customer Service a lot lately - first, to price match the gaming app and now this RZ points stuff. I was thinking about maybe trying to get the extra $5 GC since they're giving $20 GC's now but I think I'll just stay content with the $15 GC and $10 RZ credit.

Decided to call Customer Service about the $20 GC, got a nice lady who managed to charge back the $5 (to compensate for the $5 increase on the GC) to my bank account. Just told me to check and call them within a couple of days if I don't see the $5 back in my card. Also tried to push my luck and ask about the $48.99 price on Sunday, pulled the "I was meaning to buy it on that day" card, unfortunately however she said she couldn't do it as there was no way to check the game's price on that day. I wish she was the one that I was able to talk to on Tuesday, as I would've gotten a better chance since she knew more than the other that I talked to during that day.

[quote name='dablackmamba']Cool cool. Guess I gotta make a call into BB Customer Service. I made my pre-order hella late - at 11:30 west coast time so hopefully they're understanding that I still met the requirements of purchasing it on Monday.[/QUOTE]

I went back and looked at mine again. The reason for 2 entries was they entered the game and the gc separately. So the $0/0 point transaction for the free gift card. And the 500 + 59 point one was obviously for the game.

Also, fwiw, my preorder was like 4 or 5 p.m. eastern. I didn't pick up the game until like 8p.m. Eastern on Tuesday.

[quote name='texasnightowl']I went back and looked at mine again. The reason for 2 entries was they entered the game and the gc separately. So the $0/0 point transaction for the free gift card. And the 500 + 59 point one was obviously for the game.

Also, fwiw, my preorder was like 4 or 5 p.m. eastern. I didn't pick up the game until like 8p.m. Eastern on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so I just got off the phone with CS. They gave me a rationale that completely contradicts how things went for you. I tried explaining to them that I understood that points don't post immediately but rather I wanted the peace of mind that the 500 bonus points to be listed and pending. In spite of this, they insisted that any bonus points due to me would not show up as pending, but would post at the same time the points for the game itself post - essentially they would just show up randomly 30 days from now. I then asked if I should just call again a month from now if the points don't post and they said yes.

So all in all? I have a feeling I'm gonna be making another call in a month.:bs:

I got a call telling me I'd get the $11 back. I know if I have that it'd be tough to swing a $5 refund for the GC also so I'm just going to take what I've got since I went from a great deal to an awsome deal :)

Has anybody got the $15 dollar gift card by email yet, I remember that it said if you pre ordered before May 12 you would get a email for a $15 gift card. Did anybody get because now when I'm looking for it at best buy, they only mention the new $20 gift.

I wasn't able to get the 500 RZ points for the pre-order, but the nice Customer Service lady gave me 2000 points on my account for my trouble!

I got the $15 card yesterday, and was able to use it for the guide ($14.99) last night!

[quote name='shieryda']I wasn't able to get the 500 RZ points for the pre-order, but the nice Customer Service lady gave me 2000 points on my account for my trouble!

I got the $15 card yesterday, and was able to use it for the guide ($14.99) last night![/QUOTE]

how'd you manage to pull that off? were you trying to get 500 RZ points but CS decided to give you 2000?

Wow. That's like $40, no? Good shit. I wish I got that. Instead, I got clueless CS reps telling me that bonus points don't appear until the purchase clears (as in the the 30 some odd days it takes for points to become active.)

[quote name='ratedpg131987']Has anybody got the $15 dollar gift card by email yet, I remember that it said if you pre ordered before May 12 you would get a email for a $15 gift card. Did anybody get because now when I'm looking for it at best buy, they only mention the new $20 gift.[/QUOTE]

I did a preorder and chose in-store pickup for the game. I got an email saying the gc was mailed but I didn't pickup the game yet. As far as I can see, I only wouldn't get bonus points since I didn't complete the purchase. Is the gift card activated after I pickup the game, or is it activated already and I just scored a $15 gc? :D

It's already activated, but if you don't pick up the game they'll bill you the $15 that the gift card is worth.

Rcv'd the gift card today, as well as a call from BB promo
Dept. stating that they had returned $12.07 back to my credit card.

I've yet to receive the game though.

Funny story regarding L.A. Noire.

I pre-ordered the game from BB on the 17th around 4pm. I got the 500 points + the $15 gift card, which I have not received yet. As luck would have it, the BB near me was doing a midnight release, so I go to that. I show up with my pre-order print out, and I'm in and out of there in less than 10 minutes. As part of the midnight release, they gave out a free copy of their Gamer mag and a 20 oz soda. We were also supposed to receive a voucher for a future DLC case called Arson something, but they didn't have it at the time. Anyways, I get home, look in the bag, and I see a $10 gift card in the bag. I guess it was a misunderstanding on their part because the $10 GC were supposed to be for people who bought it in store, but no complaints over here. Moving on, I open the game and instead of receiving the BB sharpshooter suit, I got the Naked City DLC, which was supposed to be for the GameStop pre-orders. I come in the next day, told them my situation, and they just opened up another copy of the game, got me the sharpshooter suit and let me keep The Naked City DLC. On top of that, I got my voucher for the future Arson DLC. So, all in all, even though I didn't get the $48.99 sale price (I called RZ customer service twice), I walked away with the Naked City DLC + a $10 GC along with pre-order stuff. Not too shabby...

Is the 500 points supposed to have already showed up on my account if I picked it up on release day after preordering it the day this was posted? They now have a $20 GC listed. How do I go about PMing that?

[quote name='KratosKilla']Is the 500 points supposed to have already showed up on my account if I picked it up on release day after preordering it the day this was posted? They now have a $20 GC listed. How do I go about PMing that?[/QUOTE]

The transaction would appear, but the points aren't available to be used for a month

For some reason, the wonderful people at BB CS credited the $48.99 PM to my order twice. Think I'd be able to call about the $5 GC difference without losing that wonderful bonus?

[quote name='ryheeles']For some reason, the wonderful people at BB CS credited the $48.99 PM to my order twice. Think I'd be able to call about the $5 GC difference without losing that wonderful bonus?[/QUOTE]

Wait, so you got an extra $10 that you werent entitled to and you want to go back and try and squeeze out anothe five bucks? Reminds me of an old saying:

Give you an inch, you take two inches.
Give you a foot, you take a mile.
Give a motherfucker a rope, he'll think he's a cowboy.

Removed for the sake of not looking like a tool. Carry on, fine folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hostyl1']Guess I should have added a :). Didnt think you'd get so bent outta shape. But yeah, it's a pretty dick move.[/QUOTE]

Haha fair enough. Having trouble finding a new job, so I'm harboring a bit of anger atm. Apologies for the outburst. Well aware it's a dick move, btw. Only do it with BB since they screwed me over a couple years ago.

[quote name='dakidiznice']Giftcard now 20 dollars on bestbuy.com. Matching Amazon it seems[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that update. Will BB give me an extra $5 gift card since I only got the $15 card a couple days ago? Hmmm.

Just called, they just put 5 dollars back on the CC I used, instead of sending a 5 dollar gift card. All took about 90 seconds :)

Still haven't received my 15 dollar GC in the mail either

Gamezone Part of BB.com still has the bonus 500 still active - if i do in store pick up will i get the $20 gc and 500 bonus points?

I don't get a chance to post to often, but you guys hooked me up with this one!

I live a mile from Best Buy, TRU, and Gamestop.

I have a deal with some co-workers for new releases that they came up with a couple years back starting with Call of Duty.

Long story short, I fly, they buy. I get to keep any giftcards/promotions and they just pay the price of the game(reg price or split b2g1, etc.). But any GCs I keep and use towards my copy...good deal.

Well on Monday Midnight, I picked up 6 copies of L.A. Noire(4 PS3, 2 360). Everyone got a "arson" DLC card, and I got $60 worth of GC's. I bought my copy and got the DLC too.

I then called this morning about the $20 GC and BB credited my RZ points and I got another $70. Logged onto my account and somehow had the pre-order points too(for each copy).

Now if that's not a "cheap ass gamer" deal, I don't know what is.

Thanks guys!!!

[quote name='dablackmamba']Okay, I get that it takes awhile for the points to become posted but how long does it take for it to show up on your queue of points to be added?[/QUOTE]

It all depends on how you did your pre-order. For some reason, it is handled differently for in-store vs internet pre-orders.

For LA Noire, I did internet pre-orders on 5/15 and store pick up on 5/17, and the pending points (purchase and bonus) showed up on 5/19.

For Pokemon Black/White, I did an in-store pre-order and then store pickup when they first came out, and those points showed up differently. First 35 days, only the purchase points showed up, then BAM, day 36, the bonus points show.

I just called Best Buy CS and they said that they would forward my case to the promotions department where they will add $5 to my GC that's already enroute. Has anyone been told this before? They said they will email me.

Just curious, has ANYONE who brought the game instore managed to get it PM'd?

Im pretty sure im just gonna cut my losses at this point and just return it and either buy it somewhere else, or just get the 20$ Gift Card deal (Seeing as it'd be the same as getting the 10$ i already have and the 10$ for the RZ)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Just called, they just put 5 dollars back on the CC I used, instead of sending a 5 dollar gift card. All took about 90 seconds :)

Still haven't received my 15 dollar GC in the mail either[/QUOTE]

I got my GC in the mail already. When you called, what did you say to them?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just curious, has ANYONE who brought the game instore managed to get it PM'd?

Im pretty sure im just gonna cut my losses at this point and just return it and either buy it somewhere else, or just get the 20$ Gift Card deal (Seeing as it'd be the same as getting the 10$ i already have and the 10$ for the RZ)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did.

Finally got mine PM for my online pre-order purchase. They gave me back $12.01 credit. Ill take it. I asked about the $20 gc but no luck with them matching that.

Was not able to get the $5 back :( I called the Spanish dpt and English dpt with not luck.

On the side note. I sold two "A Slip to the Tongue Case" codes for $35 each on ebay

I just called the main customer service number (1-888-237-8289) and they forwarded me to the right department.

All I mentioned was how I bought an item that came with a $15 gift card and in the same week Best Buy upped it to $20. The CSR gave me a refund on the purchase, saying it was easier than trying to send out another $5 gift card.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']What number are you guys calling to ask for the extra $5 now? What are you saying to them?[/QUOTE]

And the ~11 gamer app difference...

[quote name='nuuuuj']It all depends on how you did your pre-order. For some reason, it is handled differently for in-store vs internet pre-orders.

For LA Noire, I did internet pre-orders on 5/15 and store pick up on 5/17, and the pending points (purchase and bonus) showed up on 5/19.

For Pokemon Black/White, I did an in-store pre-order and then store pickup when they first came out, and those points showed up differently. First 35 days, only the purchase points showed up, then BAM, day 36, the bonus points show.[/QUOTE]

I see. Well I did internet pre-order and no points other than that for the purchase are showing up. I called CS but they told me essentially what you summarized for in-store pre orders. They told me that if no points show 30-40 days from now, call back again and they'll take care of it. I'm more or less annoyed by the lack of the peace of mind of knowing the points will be credited to me at this very moment.

But I kind of think it may have to do with when I made my pre-order. I procrastinated on the deal and waited till 11:40 Pacific Coast time (since I'm out here in Cali) to pull the trigger. My thinking is their system may not think I'm eligible.

[quote name='dablackmamba']
But I kind of think it may have to do with when I made my pre-order. I procrastinated on the deal and waited till 11:40 Pacific Coast time (since I'm out here in Cali) to pull the trigger. My thinking is their system may not think I'm eligible.[/QUOTE]

Their system runs on Central Time, so it's pretty likely it got processed as a standard order even though it was a pre-order local time. You shouldn't have a problem getting the points added, though.

did anyone that pre-ordered online and choose in store pickup as the option to pickup the game and have the giftcard mailed separately to them receive it yet? It says mine was shipped on the 13th and havent received it yet..

[quote name='AyoTech']did anyone that pre-ordered online and choose in store pickup as the option to pickup the game and have the giftcard mailed separately to them receive it yet? It says mine was shipped on the 13th and havent received it yet..[/QUOTE]

Haven't received mine yet either. But they are also going to up it to a $20 card.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Haven't received mine yet either. But they are also going to up it to a $20 card.[/QUOTE]

really? even the ones they sent out for 15?

[quote name='AyoTech']really? even the ones they sent out for 15?[/QUOTE]

Yup yup. It's weird because I normally get my BB stuff in a few days. Oh well, i'm sure it will come and if it doesn't I'll just call and they'll send another.

bread's done
Back