LA Noire $59.99 + $20 Credit @ Amazon

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Looks like Amazon just changed their promotional credit from $15 to $20 for LA Noire. How nice of them to do so the day AFTER most of our orders shipped so that they don't have to technically honor this for those who preordered. Still worth a try though.

PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF, seriously?! ... augh ... is it worth arguing over $5?

Edit: Yes, yes it was. Got the extra $5 applied to my account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm this changes.... everything. I was gonna grab a PS3 copy tomorrow at Best Buy and try to resell the DLC. Dont know if I should go this root and save about 8-9 off the bat or get the DLC. I think I can get rid of the DLC for $10 especially if I get that midnight launch DLC. Id also have to wait for it to ship 2 days.

[quote name='Abeja']Hmmm this changes.... everything. I was gonna grab a PS3 copy tomorrow at Best Buy and try to resell the DLC. Dont know if I should go this root and save about 8-9 off the bat or get the DLC. I think I can get rid of the DLC for $10 especially if I get that midnight launch DLC. Id also have to wait for it to ship 2 days.[/QUOTE]

The odds of you getting the midnight launch DLC is slim to none. Their were reports that those in attendance weren't able to get it.

I'm a big fan and supporter of Amazon but I've noticed they've started a scummy trend of waiting until the day AFTER release to match retailers who advertise bigger GC deals. This obviously saves them THOUSANDS in preorder bonuses.

Why can't they just lower release day prices to $40 already? I'm really tired of these credits and immediate price drops.

Well...that was easy. Not only did they give me the additional $10 in my account yesterday, but a CSR confirmed just now I will get $20 and not $15. They even sent me a confirmation email of this...not to mention I saved our chat conversation.

So that's $30 in credit total! Not to mention I paid under $10 out of my own pocket after previous credit for the game initially. :D

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Well...that was easy. Not only did they give me the additional $10 in my account yesterday, but a CSR confirmed just now I will get $20 and not $15. They even sent me a confirmation email of this...not to mention I saved our chat conversation.

So that's $30 in credit total! Not to mention I paid under $10 out of my own pocket after previous credit for the game initially. :D[/QUOTE]

I complained and they game me $20 on top of the $35 I had. Then thay gave me a cat which I named "Muffins". Then they gave me a pony.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I complained and they game me $20 on top of the $35 I had. Then thay gave me a cat which I named "Muffins". Then they gave me a pony.[/QUOTE]

That's BS...I want a pony too. Hold on, be right back...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Email sent to Amazon. I figure since UPS delayed my delivery to tomorrow, an additional $5 for my troubles is the least they can do.[/QUOTE]

Just use the chat, much quicker. Also, don't complain to them as it can come across as annoying...which is why this method never works for a lot of people. I just simply inquire about the situation, in a casual and matter-of-fact kind of way. Always works and they seem eager to help you.

CSR is going downhill. I placed an order literally three hours ago when the credit was $15. I thought it'd be an easy fix for them to just give me the extra five but instead they insisted I had to cancel my order and then reorder to qualify for the $20. I've been in this situation before and this is the first time they've actually followed through to make sure I cancelled my order first. I could understand if it was already in the shipping phase but mine was not.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I complained and they game me $20 on top of the $35 I had. Then thay gave me a cat which I named "Muffins". Then they gave me a pony.[/QUOTE]

K-Mart's pony comes with a free saddle.

Waiting for Amazon to match.

Anyone know for sure what the deal is with ordering a copy for both systems PS3/360 on the same AZ account and getting credited with the Bonus twice?

I just had to reorder my PS3 copy and saw the $20 credit confirmation screen during checkout. I then contemplated doing the same for the 360 version and noticed the same $20 credit screen on my checkout page.

Would i get both if I did end up placing both orders?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Just use the chat, much quicker. Also, don't complain to them as it can come across as annoying...which is why this method never works for a lot of people. I just simply inquire about the situation, in a casual and matter-of-fact kind of way. Always works and they seem eager to help you.[/QUOTE]

I've never had much luck with the chat, but 90% of the time I'm good with emails. Thanks for the tip though, it if fails, I'll surely try the other route ;)

[quote name='GBAstar']Anyone know for sure what the deal is with ordering a copy for both systems PS3/360 on the same AZ account and getting credited with the Bonus twice?

I just had to reorder my PS3 copy and saw the $20 credit confirmation screen during checkout. I then contemplated doing the same for the 360 version and noticed the same $20 credit screen on my checkout page.

Would i get both if I did end up placing both orders?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as they are two separate SKU's for different systems, which qualify as two different items. It wouldn't work when buying two PS3 versions or two 360 versions. But one for each system will in fact net you a $20 bonus for each.

[quote name='Mercenary Girl']you get it two days after the game is shipped[/QUOTE]

thanks

it shipped on the 16th thought it would be in their by now

[quote name='Mercenary Girl']niceeeeee, gonna put that $20 towards alice :D[/QUOTE]

Same here! I just really hope the price for Alice doesn't drop before I get the rest of my credit.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yes, as they are two separate SKU's for different systems, which qualify as two different items. It wouldn't work when buying two PS3 versions or two 360 versions. But one for each system will in fact net you a $20 bonus for each.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir

[quote name='Torik_Shai']Just got out of chat with CS. No luck for me :( And my copy only finally shipped about an hour before the change. Lamesauce.[/QUOTE]

Try again with someone else in a bit (make sure it's not the same as before). If after 3 attempts you still strike out, I'd call it quits. That's usually the rule...so chin up! You're still in this game. ;)

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Try again with someone else in a bit (make sure it's not the same as before). If after 3 attempts you still strike out, I'd call it quits. That's usually the rule...so chin up! You're still in this game. ;)[/QUOTE]
1244871700281.jpg

Good deal, though I still think I did better through Best Buy (other than having to pay sales tax). Got the game for $59.99, but used a $15 RZ credit. When I pick the game up, I get a $15 GC, plus I'll get 500 bonus points, which are equivalent to $10 for a future purchase. Doing the math, I got the game for roughly $45 with tax (about $47 plus), but got a $15 GC to replace the $15 RZ Credit I used, plus another $10 in RZ credit. Add it all up, and I got the game for $22 plus.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Try again with someone else in a bit (make sure it's not the same as before). If after 3 attempts you still strike out, I'd call it quits. That's usually the rule...so chin up! You're still in this game. ;)[/QUOTE]
Hmm... Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll try again when I wake up to check Dead Space 2's gold box price.

Got $5 from Amazon. Had to argue a bit as they didn't want to give me it, but I mentioned this thread and they gave me it.

[quote name='vaxick']Got $5 from Amazon. Had to argue a bit as they didn't want to give me it, but I mentioned this thread and they gave me it.[/QUOTE]

winner winner chicken dinner :roll:

LMAO check this out:

Me: My issue is that I haven't received the game yet, and the offer was increased.I could've just waited and ordered tonight and would receive the game at the same time.
Gaurav: I understand that!! but these promotions are time specific and are subject of change. However, i will make an exception and give u additional $5.00 now.

I literally laughed for 10 minutes. Definitely the first time I encountered passive aggressiveness over the interwebs.

I just chatted with them and they said I should get the $20. My release day delivery didn't work either so I guess they seemed more than happy to credit the extra $5.

As simple as this,

Me:Hello, I noticed that when I had placed the order for L.A. Noire, there was a $15 promotional credit. I see now that it has increased to $20. Is there any way I could receive those extra $5?
Charu:Hello, my name is Charu. I'll be happy to help you today.
Me:Hello Charu
Charu:Hello!
I will add $5 as a promo to your account.
Me:Oh thank you very much!
Charu:You're welcome.

I guess this is the... hey everyone place an order now and contact CS again when they lower the price and remove the promo for another credit! Ugh.

Really wanna hold back and wait on this but the hype! And everyone on my friend list playing it... >.>

I bought my 360 copy with $15 credit. If I return it will I get $34.99 refund? Or the full $59.99 refund and my credit withdrawn? Thinking about getting the ps3 version with the $20 credit but I don't want to pay full price for it.

Me:promotional Credit

Anusuya:Hello, my name is Anu. I'll be happy to look into your issue.
How may I help you today?

Me:Yes, I recently ordered LA Noire with the $15.00 promotional credit. I received the game Yesterday and Today it has a $20.00 credit. I would like to get the full credit if that's possible.

Anusuya:I checked and see that the promotional credit for this item is newly updated. In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.
As an exception, I'll issue a promotional credit of $5 to your account.

Me:Thank you, that's very much appreciative.

Anusuya:You're welcome.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:No, that is all. Have a blessed day!

Anusuya:You, too.
Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!

After her initial response I was typing up how Amazon has the best customer service on the internet and that I was not satisfied with her response.. Lol. Shocker.

I got the e-mail about getting the 10 dollar gaming coupon as well as the 15 dollar general credit. I wasn't gonna give two shits about the 10 dollar gaming credit, but when i saw they amped the 15 dollars up to 20. I figured i'd talk with amazon chat as i have in the past. I did, and i was denied, but i figured...ok i'll bring up the 10 dollar gaming coupon. What i got from amazon's customer service was bar none....the oddest customer service conversation i've ever had as a dedicated PRIME shopper for 8 years. I have the conversation on my blog....its THAT BAD.

http://flatliner718.tumblr.com/post/5604184552/oddest-worst-amazon-customer-service-support-chat

[quote name='musicjunkie']Begging for my extra $5. This shit is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

if you get 'Aman' its gonna be like chatting with 'Amazon on Drugs' for real....

[quote name='flatliner718']I got the e-mail about getting the 10 dollar gaming coupon as well as the 15 dollar general credit. I wasn't gonna give two shits about the 10 dollar gaming credit, but when i saw they amped the 15 dollars up to 20. I figured i'd talk with amazon chat as i have in the past. I did, and i was denied, but i figured...ok i'll bring up the 10 dollar gaming coupon. What i got from amazon's customer service was bar none....the oddest customer service conversation i've ever had as a dedicated PRIME shopper for 8 years. I have the conversation on my blog....its THAT BAD.

http://flatliner718.tumblr.com/post/5604184552/oddest-worst-amazon-customer-service-support-chat[/QUOTE]

Lmao that was awesome

bread's done
Back