La Pucelle really worth playing?

shadylane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
is this game really entertaining. i liked phantom brave but i feel this game has to many extra steps to battle a monster. gameplay just seems so long and drawn out

La Pucelle is older than Phantom Brave, so it might even be less to your liking.

I wouldn't know personally though, I've had the sealed game sitting here for 3 years now. :(

It is really slow, but its good in its own way. I played Rhapsody as well. Its interesting to see it from a historical perspective, to see NIS's conventions as they developed over time.

It's a fun game, I have it on my modded ps2.

If it's really only $8 , GET IT!

I love simple side scrolling rpg's like Jade Cacoon 2.
It makes things easier and more enjoyable, less exploring.

La Pucelle isn't a side scrolling RPG, it's a 3/4 view startegy game ala Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea.

That being said, I got to some fight with a giant loch ness monster thing and lost interest. If you can find it for under $20 it's probably worth a shot.

One thing that sets aside this game from their other games is that it has elements of a pure strategy like Advance Wars or Fire Emblem in that enemies automatically get counter-attacks off non-special attacks.

Slow as molasses though. You might as well play a DS game or something during the enemy turns.

LP plays a little slower than some of the newer NIS strat rpg's, but its still a great game. I love the chains you can setup. I would spend an hour on one map just using all my arrows and team memebers to setup crazy chains and miracles. Next to Disagaea 1&2, La Pucelle is my favorite srpg.

Its absolutely worth $8.

[quote name='Halo05']La Pucelle isn't a side scrolling RPG, it's a 3/4 view startegy game ala Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea.

That being said, I got to some fight with a giant loch ness monster thing and lost interest. If you can find it for under $20 it's probably worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

That giant monster really pissed me off the first time I fought it...so I got mad, reset the game, and proceeded to level everyone until they learned the spell that increases attack power and the heal spell. Then I made sure to power-level Prier. I used every other character to boost her attack power and keep her healed, and I kicked that monster's ass all the way across the fucking map. Literally, I used her special move that amounts to a kick on every turn until I killed it. That was one of the most satisfying game moments ever for me, because I didn't look at a FAQ, so I technically didn't know if it was possible to kill the creature. Doing it got me a good item, too! :)

I don't think I ever bothered to look at a FAQ either. I just lost like 3 times in a row on that fight after spending, what I thought, was awhile randomly levelling people up until that point in the game. Someday I could go back to it, I really liked the story line and dialog.

It was my first N1 game, so I have a special part in my heart for it. I liked the story (as cliched as it is) in La Pucelle better than Disgaea, but I think I'd be disappointed with La Pucelle's gameplay if I had played it AFTER Disgaea.

Weird. The Huge Monster is /exactly/ where I stopped playing the game. I got frustrated with that, and just put it aside.

That was years ago. Forgot I even had the game. It was loads of fun right up to that point.

I didn't even get to that monster. I have that game and Disgaea though, they're both great fun. Really need to finish them..

the game was great story wise alone and the gameplay was the style you love or hate with NIS titles.. personally I liked how the screens changed for attacks...

On a side note you people do know that the big monster everyone is crying about was optional and you did not have to fight it.. all you had to do was get to the other side of the map. The bonus was the great item for waxing the blue giant...

[quote name='jlarlee']great game. The last 3 hours of the game provide a very satisfying end game[/quote]

Amen this game deserves a sequel

I liked La Pucelle a lot when it first came out. Its a fun game if you're a NIS fan. If you like Disgaea more than Phatom Brave you also might like La Pucelle more.

bread's done
Back