Lack of patience for online orders

grifta67

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey everyone!

Does anyone else have the same nagging issue with waiting for games to ship from online stores? They always have the best deals, but then I have to wait anywhere from 3-7 business days for it to show up! Paying for faster shipping or buying it in-store negates the good deal. On a few occassions, my lack of patience led me to order online, then go buy it from Walmart to play right away; once the shipped copy arrives, take that sealed copy back to Walmart with the in-store receipt. It doesn't adversely effect them any, but I always feel a bit lame doing it.

Arrrg why can't I just wait!!?!?

-Sean

[quote name='msdmoney']I never feel that much hype for a game. Half the time I forget what I even ordered when it shows up.[/QUOTE]

This.

I'll come home from work and there wil be an Amazon box and I'll think 'Oh I wonder what this is?' it makes every delivery feel like CHRISTMAS!!!

I always use the free super saver shipping. It ensures I save money and also completely forget what I ordered by time it shows up.

I really don't have this problem and have rarely understood it. Maybe when I was a kid waiting on Christmas? Sure. But today? I usually have a few games waiting, and most online retailers are incredibly quick these days, even for free shipping. It rarely takes Amazon or New Egg over a week to get me something, and often it's much faster.

The only thing I've ever been impatient for is when I ordered a PS2 controller to replace the one I owned that was on the fritz. I really wanted to play the PS2, but I figured it would give me a chance to dive into some of my other systems, so I ordered it online with the cheapest shipping.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Given that I have a backlog that is several hundred deep, no, waiting does not bother me at all.[/QUOTE]

This.

I have backlogged games to work on. It makes it very easy to delay orders and not ever buy anything near launch date.

I've never really had that issue either. Not a big deal to wait a few days, and if it's something I really was dying to play I'd just buy it locally or pay for release date shipping etc.

For a single player game I do not really care at all about it taking a bit longer. The top priority is to save money whenever possible. Sometimes I will want a MP game right away, but that is not very often.

Well, I order a massive amount of stuff from Amazon, but since trying out Prime, I have no complaints about wait time whatsoever. Even when I was using FSSS, I was still getting my items within a 4 days. However, there are some places like Gamestop.com that I try to avoid buying online from because it takes FOREVER to get my item. Shame on them for not having the option to pick up in store like many other retailers do.

[quote name='grifta67']Hey everyone!

It doesn't adversely effect them any, but I always feel a bit lame doing it.

-Sean[/QUOTE]

I find this funny. Really, Walmart basically lending you a game for a week doesn't negatively effect them? If it doesn't, why don't they offer this as a benefit to shopping there (just buy any game, and in a week, bring us a sealed copy, and we won't charge you). There are costs to this that they are borning, and this is borderline retail theft, so you should feel lame.

There are a few things I struggle to wait for, so you just have to weigh it out. What's more important, saving $10 or having a game a week earlier? If it's time, then don't buy online.

One thing that might help is not waiting until your ready to play a game to order it. Unless your buying games on their release date, you have some time in there. So, order a game a week before you want to play it, so it's arriving right around the time you want to start it.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Nope, I have Amazon prime...and a backlog.[/QUOTE]
yeah I love amazon prime. i find myself ordering a lot more from them now.

Yeah i don't have this issue because I usually don't play games I order right away. Heck I'm not even that tempted to open up my Bioshock 2 CE I bought at midnight on launch day :) There have been times when ordering non-gaming things that I have expedited shipping on either because I needed it right away or I was anxious and could not wait.

However, I never ever am in the situation where I actually forget what I have ordered online. Maybe I'm just blessed (cursed?) with a good memory, or you guys are ordering WAY more stuff than I do online hehe.

Amazon Prime is nice but only cause I have gotten in on it for free using their trial memberships. I generally find that FSSS is like 3 days to many parts of the country, so it's not that big a deal over 2. A good amount of the time FSSS arrives in 2 days anyways for me at least.

[quote name='lordxixor101']I find this funny. Really, Walmart basically lending you a game for a week doesn't negatively effect them? If it doesn't, why don't they offer this as a benefit to shopping there (just buy any game, and in a week, bring us a sealed copy, and we won't charge you). There are costs to this that they are borning, and this is borderline retail theft, so you should feel lame.

There are a few things I struggle to wait for, so you just have to weigh it out. What's more important, saving $10 or having a game a week earlier? If it's time, then don't buy online.

One thing that might help is not waiting until your ready to play a game to order it. Unless your buying games on their release date, you have some time in there. So, order a game a week before you want to play it, so it's arriving right around the time you want to start it.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='lordxixor101']I find this funny. Really, Walmart basically lending you a game for a week doesn't negatively effect them? If it doesn't, why don't they offer this as a benefit to shopping there (just buy any game, and in a week, bring us a sealed copy, and we won't charge you). There are costs to this that they are borning, and this is borderline retail theft, so you should feel lame.

One thing that might help is not waiting until your ready to play a game to order it. Unless your buying games on their release date, you have some time in there. So, order a game a week before you want to play it, so it's arriving right around the time you want to start it.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Unfortunately too many people on here have trouble understanding basic ideas like this.

luckily i'm just a couple hours away from one of amazons shipping centers so i get the free shipped new games usually by friday and have gotten many the next day(wednesday)! the savings on shipping and no tax plus amazons usually good prices makes the small wait bearable.

I don't know about you, but I ONLY order games I want to play. Why would I order a game that I do not even want to play? I can't see into the future to know when I will be wanting to play a certain game.

bread's done
Back