"Lady Gaga The Fame Monster" for free on Amazon.com (US only) [Expires Nov. 29th]

[quote name='bdavid81']If I could get all albums at that price, I'd probably go legit with my music collection. [/QUOTE]

You think artists want to sell their albums for $3.99? I know most albums are shit, but there are some albums that have no filler (and it is all killer) that deserve to be priced at $9.99 (which is what Amazon usually sells them for on CD or $5-$7 on MP3 format.

If you spend years writing an album plus tons of $$$ on a producer and studio time... do you think $3.99 is fair for your hard work... just saying...:roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']You think artists want to sell their albums for $3.99? I know most albums are shit, but there are some albums that have no filler (and it is all killer) that deserve to be priced at $9.99 (which is what Amazon usually sells them for on CD or $5-$7 on MP3 format.

If you spend years writing an album plus tons of $$$ on a producer and studio time... do you think $3.99 is fair for your hard work... just saying...:roll:[/QUOTE]

Who gives a crap what you think is fair? It's what the market will pay for your music that matters. You can bet that if you lower the price of albums, people will buy more of them. I've picked up every single one of these albums for $1.99 and will continue to do so if it's something I'm interested in. I'd never do that if they were even as much as $3.99 each.

Would you rather make $0 per album from someone pirating it, or would you rather make $1 from Amazon selling it for $1.99?

bread's done
Back