Lady Misread auction...

maddskillz867

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was selling this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250144706135&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=015

It was only the guitar, i guess i could have made it more clearer?

So, she pays, i send it out, when she receives it i get this.

"I recieved the guitar hero 2 controller in the mail, but the game was missing. perhaps you forgot to put it in there? "

I responded with

"Sorry but if you misread the item description/title i was only selling the guitar only. No game... i believe i stated it clearly on the description. Perhaps you misread.. i'm terribly sorry if you thought a game was going to be included but it was stated in the description and title...

Brian"

I was wondering am i at fault? I am scared of negative feedback....

You described it just fine. You said guitar ONLY in the headline, and mention it contains everything but the game in the description.

fuck people who are too stupid to read. You'll probably get a negative from the moron but fuck her. Maybe next time she should read the fucking description.

You were crystal clear...twice you mention the game wasn't in there in big, GIANT letters. It's not in the picture, the title clearly says Guitar Only...she's in the wrong...redirect her to the listing, tell her you will be happy to refund her money (less shipping and fees) if she wants to return the guitar, otherwise tough cookies...

She's an idiot. I wouldn't even accept a refund in this instance. This is also why eBay is inherently flawed - you'll probably get a negative if you don't do anything even though it is CLEARLY her mistake.

She probably won't like the refund because the shipping is hella crazy for that guitar... thats why I never bought it online.

[quote name='linkpwns']Offer her a refund if she wants it, to avoid the neg feedback. If she leaves you a neg, do the same for her[/QUOTE]

As a seller myself, I would suggest not offering a refund. You did nothing wrong. If you don't have any Negative Feedback yet, I can understand you nervousness. But people are fucking stupid, and you're going to get a Negative sooner or later, most likely undeserved.

I remember the first time I got a Negative, after 2,000+ Positives, and I was depressed for like 3 days. Especially because the lady paid for Media Mail and I told her shipping to Canada would take several days. Well, 2 days later she gives me a Negative because she doesn't have her item.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the first Negative will sting, but then you realize that people are stupid and you can't avoid all the morons out there. You're going to run into a few of them every now and then.

seems crystal fucking clear to me. I think she is just illiterate. You'll probably have to refund her though and take the guitar back because all she has to do is file "not as described" with paypal and she'll have to mail it back and will get a refund.

[quote name='Haggar']

I remember the first time I got a Negative, after 2,000+ Positives, and I was depressed for like 3 days. Especially because the lady paid for Media Mail and I told her shipping to Canada would take several days. Well, 2 days later she gives me a Negative because she doesn't have her item.
[/quote]

Where in Canada is she located. I will personally go burn her house down for you :)
fuck stupid people like that piss me off.

You should be fine as the item is as described, she just bid before reading the description clearly. Just curious did it really cost anywhere near the $29 you were charging for shipping?

[quote name='magiic']Where in Canada is she located. I will personally go burn her house down for you :)
fuck stupid people like that piss me off.[/QUOTE]

LOL, thanks, I totally appreciate the backup, but it was like 5 years ago so I don't remember. I think it was near some igloos and hockey players.

;)

Well, that's nice, all these people talking about her being an idiot...at least she was a nice idiot, and lived up to her mistake...I'd rather have 1000 "idiotic" ebayers who admitted their mistakes, than 1 "genius" who never admits when he's wrong!

[quote name='Haggar']LOL, thanks, I totally appreciate the backup, but it was like 5 years ago so I don't remember. I think it was near some igloos and hockey players.

;)[/quote]

haha well that narrows it down

[quote name='maddskillz867']i lucked out, she actually left positive feedback, and said "oops" haha lol i'm happy[/quote]
Glad that worked out, as you were clear as a bell in your description.

But suppose that she negged you, would eBay do nothing to rectify it? Even if you emailed the auction to them and then pointed them to the neg?

Yeah I feel pretty much the same. My first and only negative was from someone I sold a reissue Transformer to. 60 days after he bought the item, he wanted a refund. Actually he "generously" offered to take only like 2/3 of a refund and keep the item. Riiight. Probably not so coincidentally the item's value had dropped like a rock (From the $300ish he paid to barely going for $100). He claimed it had been opened and resealed. Since I was the only owner I find that highly unlikely. Anyway he left bad feedback and that's my only negative to this day. It bothered me for quite a while and I tracked his eBay name for a time with the intent of annoying him (Through either sniping bids or informing the sellers in auctions he bid on what he did to me) but it wasn't worth the effort.

Glad it worked out in the end!

[quote name='Haggar']As a seller myself, I would suggest not offering a refund. You did nothing wrong. If you don't have any Negative Feedback yet, I can understand you nervousness. But people are fucking stupid, and you're going to get a Negative sooner or later, most likely undeserved.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the first Negative will sting, but then you realize that people are stupid and you can't avoid all the morons out there. You're going to run into a few of them every now and then.[/QUOTE]

29 bucks to ship it ????

i remember and doubt they still allow it

I sold the first hero 1 with guitar and game and cut up two flat rate boxes and taped them together and they allowed me to ship it for 8 bucks

i doubt they allow you to do that anymore.

now UPS wants around 15 bucks just for a box to ship the item in That was nuts

[quote name='evilmax17']Glad that worked out, as you were clear as a bell in your description.

But suppose that she negged you, would eBay do nothing to rectify it? Even if you emailed the auction to them and then pointed them to the neg?[/QUOTE]

EBay wouldn't have cared. I got a neg from a NPB. They left a neg saying I never sent the item. Of course I didn't since I was never paid for it. I e-mailed Ebay and they didn't help at all.

[quote name='magiic']I love how it is "the" Canadian CAG lol there is more than one of us :p[/quote]

For some reason I was thinking CAG was short for the plural Cheap Ass Gamers. I meant to say the Canadien Cheap Ass Gamers :wave:

What I would do is help her out in this case, direct her to a listing that just have the game so she can avoid buying the guitar again.

bread's done
Back