LAIR $4.97 at Sony Style YMMV.. PS3 Remote Has Motion Control!!!

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
Got this game at a Sony Style store when I went looking for something else. Grabbed it because it was cheap. Call your local stores, if interested.

One thing that is irritating me about this game is, I don't seem to be able to skip anything. Seems like it's a complete, full story.

I am, just, starting to play this game. Congrats to you PS3 GURUs, who know EVERYTHING there is to know about PS3...

... But, I am shocked that motion control is default for this game and analog is optional!!! Yes, the regular, six axis controller!!!

WOOP! New discovery, for me! I will be researching other games that have this function of moving and tilting the controller!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']... But, I am shocked that motion control is default for this game and analog is optional!!! Yes, the regular, six axis controller!!![/QUOTE]

The game was made this way so Sony can showcase the Six Axis Controls, it got a lot mixed reviews because of it but just as Ace Combat mentioned, there is a patch for it on PSN that adds analog controls.

Hey you are that chick from Springfield mass right ? You said you like kick ass female protagonists and apparently you like the six axis controls. I got just the game for you, look for heveanly sword. It came out in 2007 and its such an amazing underrated game. Got my copy at launch day and still have it as I keep that game close to my heart. The main character and her sister ( along with the villans )are great.you can also shoot cannon balls and arrows during parts of the game using the six axis controls to change their projectory and slam them into enemys !

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey you are that chick from Springfield mass right ? You said you like kick ass female protagonists and apparently you like the six axis controls. I got just the game for you, look for heveanly sword. It came out in 2007 and its such an amazing underrated game. Got my copy at launch day and still have it as I keep that game close to my heart. The main character and her sister ( along with the villans )are great.you can also shoot cannon balls and arrows during parts of the game using the six axis controls to change their projectory and slam them into enemys ![/QUOTE]

Lol! That's wasn't me, but thanks for the game suggestion! I will look that up on YouTube!

[quote name='skiizim']The game was made this way so Sony can showcase the Six Axis Controls, it got a lot mixed reviews because of it but just as Ace Combat mentioned, there is a patch for it on PSN that adds analog controls.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh... I see! GO SONY!

[quote name='skiizim']The game was made this way so Sony can showcase the Six Axis Controls, it got a lot mixed reviews because of it but just as Ace Combat mentioned, there is a patch for it on PSN that adds analog controls.[/QUOTE]

Mixed!!!! You mean everybody hated it. Atmleast before the patch was released.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lol! That's wasn't me, but thanks for the game suggestion! I will look that up on YouTube![/QUOTE]

I remember someone with your avatar saying that she checked the sears in springfield mass for mirrors edge in the clearance bin and she said she liked female protagonists that kick butt in games are you Sure that wasn't you ? Oh and Thanks for the lair clearance alert. I'll go to Sony style downtown this weekend to check it out

[quote name='z3razerviper']Mixed!!!! You mean everybody hated it. Atmleast before the patch was released.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked it but meh, I'm sure I was one of the few. I know the controls made the game sometimes unplayable but once you got them down it wasn't too bad.

Lol. I don't know if I ever used the word 'protagonists' and I don't live in Springfield, but I did go to a Sears to look for Mirror's Edge.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lol. I don't know if I ever used the word 'protagonists' and I don't live in Springfield, but I did go to a Sears to look for Mirror's Edge.[/QUOTE]

so you did go to sears but I thought you went to the one I went to lol. Sorry for the mix up but yea, get heveanly sword its right down your ally

Im playing through Folklore right now and it also has some pretty nice Sixaxis motion incorporated. It should also be pretty cheap if you want to check it out.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Im playing through Folklore right now and it also has some pretty nice Sixaxis motion incorporated. It should also be pretty cheap if you want to check it out.[/QUOTE]

I need to rebuy and finish that wonderfull game ( had to trade it in for killzone 2 cause I didn't have much money when killzone 2 came out )

Trophies? Also which Sony Style store was it? There's one on the other side of town from where I live but I might head over that direction on my next day off anyway for some specialty pudding from Whole Foods.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I remember someone with your avatar saying that she checked the sears in springfield mass for mirrors edge in the clearance bin and she said she liked female protagonists that kick butt in games are you Sure that wasn't you ? Oh and Thanks for the lair clearance alert. I'll go to Sony style downtown this weekend to check it out[/QUOTE]

I think that was PrinnyOtaku

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Im playing through Folklore right now and it also has some pretty nice Sixaxis motion incorporated. It should also be pretty cheap if you want to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I almost created a thread about this clearance sale at the Sony store. I asked an employee at the store and they said this is the best clearance sale they've ever had.

I bought the Buzz Quiz World and Buzz TV bundles (with the remotes) for $9.99 a piece.

I also remember seeing lots of older games like the MLB The Show games for 4.99.

They had GTA 4 for 9.99

at least 70 different UMD movies (lots of good ones too) for $4.99.

At least half of the PSP section was clearanced. I don't have a psp, so I didn't know many of the titles, but I do remember seeing GTA Chinatown wars for $4.99.

Folklore - 9.99

All of the singstar games are $4.99. I literally saw them all there except the new MOVE one. They had multiple copies of each (singstar, singstar vol 2, singstar queen, singstar abba).

There was a lot more stuff, but I don't remember them all. But a lot of them tended to be PS3 exclusives like MLB The Show, LAIR, Ratchet and Clank tools of Destruction, infamous, littlebigplanet, folklore, Ridgeracer 7. Sorry I can't remember them all, but they were all either $4.99 or $9.99.

It might be a good idea to change the thread title to "Sony Store Clearance" or something of that nature. It's up to you OP.

There's a Sony Style Clearance thread(something along those lines), somewhere, pages back. I created this for other PS3 nubes, like myself, who may be interested in trying out this feature with a cheap game.

But, your post did remind me I should go there, again, to see if they added anything or made adjustments! Maybe today! Thanks!

The thread title had me chuckling and WTFing at the same time. What is "L-A-I-R"? The game that inspired "H.A.W.X.?" Also, I can wave my PS3 Blu-ray Disc Remote like an airport ramp agent's wand to fast-forward or stop a Blu-ray?

If you've had the joy of turning a wheel in Killzone, you know that motion sensing using the standard controller isn't just an artifact of PS3 launch titles. Lair was definitely one of the titles that emphasized the motion control, though.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Surly it can't be worse then those epic pieces of garbage called lost planet 1 and 2 can it ?[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy! You should be banned for speaking ill of the akrid. I love lost planet.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Lair looks great for an early PS3 title... but it's nearly unplayable, with or without analog controls.[/QUOTE]

So many people say the controls make this game broken. I want to test this theory. I hope my Sony store has lair and folklore I'm still sad I had to sacrifice folklore a few years ago :(

Heavenly Sword has some sixaxis control in it, I recall when you shoot an arrow you guide it with the sixaxis. I thought it was a decent game but it has mixed reviews.

[quote name='GT']Heavenly Sword has some sixaxis control in it, I recall when you shoot an arrow you guide it with the sixaxis. I thought it was a decent game but it has mixed reviews.[/QUOTE]

DECENT ? I WILL SLAY YOU FOR DISSING THAT AMAZING GAME ! I will defend that game no matter what

[quote name='fadersdream']if Heavy Rain DIDN'T have motion control it would have been much more enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember it having any motion control, unless you played it with the ps move. great game though

[quote name='strait edge follower']DECENT ? I WILL SLAY YOU FOR DISSING THAT AMAZING GAME ! I will defend that game no matter what[/QUOTE]

Since when is "Decent" a diss? Step away from the coffee pot....

[quote name='GT']Since when is "Decent" a diss? Step away from the coffee pot....[/QUOTE]

"Decent" doesn't do this game justice. Sorry, just love the game to much lol :) I'm Sure you feel this way about a game that you Absolutly love but I was underrated by everyone else.

[quote name='GT']Heavenly Sword has some sixaxis control in it, I recall when you shoot an arrow you guide it with the sixaxis. I thought it was a decent game but it has mixed reviews.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Toomuchboost']Flower is a good motion control game on the psn tho.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fadersdream']if Heavy Rain DIDN'T have motion control it would have been much more enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='deggs37']flow on the psn store has six axis controls also[/QUOTE]

I will look these up on YouTube!

Thanks! :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']I don't remember it having any motion control, unless you played it with the ps move. great game though[/QUOTE]

fadersdream may be talking about Heavy Rain, at times, having you move the PS3 sixaxis controller in certain ways to make choices, namely the highway scene. I would so, as the PS Move stuff for Heavy Rain was just a patch they released later and is optional.

[quote name='Kidd.o']fadersdream may be talking about Heavy Rain, at times, having you move the PS3 sixaxis controller in certain ways to make choices, namely the highway scene. I would so, as the PS Move stuff for Heavy Rain was just a patch they released later and is optional.[/QUOTE]

Oh Yea, when eathen was driving on the opposite side of the road while trying to save shawn right ? It's been a while since I've played that game and I forgot about that part, Thanks for reminding me

bread's done
Back