Land of the Dead Deals?

[quote name='modium']I'd give Wal-Mart a shot. Around here, they always undercut the lowest prices by a buck or two.[/QUOTE]
I just wish they weren't so fucking YMMV, some locations have a nice low price on new releases, others (like mine) don't seem to.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I just wish they weren't so fucking YMMV, some locations have a nice low price on new releases, others (like mine) don't seem to.[/QUOTE]Yes, Wal-Mart is very, very YMMV, unfortunately. One thing to try may be going there on a Wednesday or Thursday. Sometimes, I've checked there on Tuesday and their prices are bad, but within a day or two, they've lowered them to compete with the local stores. Hopefully, your store is just a little lazy and not just stingy.
[quote name='Deadpool']Walmart probably wont have the uncut dvd so i'd actually check FRY's or Best Buy first.[/QUOTE]Yeah, didn't think about that. I don't remember checking my Wal-Mart for Uncut/R-Rated films though. You never know, but for the Uncut version, you're right, they probably won't have it.

don't toss walmart out just yet. they had high tension uncut and that move is 10x more brutal than LOTD. i saw some other uncut versions of movies, which surprised me.

[quote name='skulls dont fade']don't toss walmart out just yet. they had high tension uncut and that move is 10x more brutal than LOTD. i saw some other uncut versions of movies, which surprised me.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's amazing they can make it so much brutal by adding just 45 seconds of footage back into High Tension, of course as the commentary mentions, they didn't have to worry about pulling punches as the movie was made specifically for the higher french film rating. Most of the stuff added back into LotD is story related, but it will be interesting to see what gore has been added back in.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']ugh land of the dead sucked.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the deal! Would you like to threadcrap elsewhere?

[quote name='gizmogc']Thanks for the deal! Would you like to threadcrap elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

My Hero!

I will check out BB then. Thank you for the info alfonsosoriano.

Apparently, Best Buy has a deal where you can get $3 off Land of the Dead if you buy any selected new DVDs. But, the list is humongous. Kind of a weird deal, and I'm not sure if it's B&M, but it's definitely online. They have the new Big Lebowski, new Batman discs, and a ton of other discs, so if you're buying something else this week, might be the way to go.

[quote name='JebusMcLucifer']It's "online only" according to the site.[/QUOTE]

Tragic, and me without a Credit Card. Thank you both for the information though!

[quote name='modium']Apparently, Best Buy has a deal where you can get $3 off Land of the Dead if you buy any selected new DVDs. But, the list is humongous. Kind of a weird deal, and I'm not sure if it's B&M, but it's definitely online. They have the new Big Lebowski, new Batman discs, and a ton of other discs, so if you're buying something else this week, might be the way to go.[/QUOTE]
Was planning on buying the new uncut Saw dvd and LotD, now I can get both for $3 off, use $6 in Best Buy bucks, and get instore pickup starting Tuesday, sweet, thanks.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']ugh land of the dead sucked.[/QUOTE]

I watched it a couple days ago, it was decent. Not the best zombie movie i've seen but not the worst either.........

[quote name='skulls dont fade']which is the uncut disc? they all say rated[/QUOTE]
It appears to be the middle one, the only one that is Widescreen, and the disc art appears to be the Unrated one. OT: Boy, is that cover art pretty bland, wish they would have just modified the poster art.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Was planning on buying the new uncut Saw dvd and LotD, now I can get both for $3 off, use $6 in Best Buy bucks, and get instore pickup starting Tuesday, sweet, thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the way to go, right there.

I've got $2 in Best Buy bucks left, I'll technically get each one for around $14.99 now, and I'll pick up Batman Begins while I'm there too.

[quote name='Roufuss']I think that's the way to go, right there.

I've got $2 in Best Buy bucks left, I'll technically get each one for around $14.99 now, and I'll pick up Batman Begins while I'm there too.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention the BB edition of Saw:Uncut is supposed to have a free ticket to Saw 2.
Saw: Uncut dvd review on dvdtalk.com

has anyone used the pick up instore option for the unrated disc? i have to drive 40 minutes to get to best buy, but for that price on lotd and saw uncut is good (about 32 bucks). like previously mentioned it only shows Rated versions. however one of the rated version is widescreen, which i thought only the unrated version came with widescreen. i don't want to order and them have a rated version waiting for me. before you click the pictures for item description it DOES say "Rating: NR" but on the item it says "R". anyway, if i get to best buy and they have the LotD rated version waiting for me, do you think they'd just switch it to the unrated version for me?

[quote name='skulls dont fade']has anyone used the pick up instore option for the unrated disc? i have to drive 40 minutes to get to best buy, but for that price on lotd and saw uncut is good (about 32 bucks). like previously mentioned it only shows Rated versions. however one of the rated version is widescreen, which i thought only the unrated version came with widescreen. i don't want to order and them have a rated version waiting for me. before you click the pictures for item description it DOES say "Rating: NR" but on the item it says "R". anyway, if i get to best buy and they have the LotD rated version waiting for me, do you think they'd just switch it to the unrated version for me?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that too. The site's picture and descriptions are swapped. Its an easy way to save $3, but the Batman Begins Deluxe isn't on the list. But what the hell is this?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=14577709&type=product&id=1471973

they also have Season 1 of He-man and The legend of Zelda both for $24.99 each on that list. I was just mentioning it in case someone wanted them.

Nice... that link, and $5 in best buy bucks, got me Batman Begins and Land of the Dead for roughly $12.50 each.

They tried to give me the full frame one for LotD, but when I pointed it they let me go back to grab the widescreen one, so naturally I grabbed the unrated one :lol:

i ordered via phone for store pick up and got LotD unrated (3 dollars off deal) with Saw: Uncut. the representative ran into the same problem that we do with the LotD dvd...so I had her note my account that i order the widescreen unrated version...she said that's a big error and she'll pass it to her supervisor to hopefully pass it to the proper department for correcting. but now i can make the 40 minute commute with no worries of hassles.

the saw dvd does come with the movie ticket. however, i picked my order up, took it to my car and the saw case was all busted. the "blood" in the cover puts alot of pressure on the bottom hinge when sitting upright and it cracks. so i took the movie ticket out, took it inside, exchanged it. i got another movie ticket, but another busted case. i figured i'd quit while i was ahead and kept the broken case (i think a fresh case would break eventually anyway) and my two movie tickets. so i got land of the dead, saw, and two tickets to saw 2 for 32 bucks. i guess the guy at customer service didn't notice the big "FREE TICKET TO SEE SAW 2" sticker on the front....or didn't care to check the open case that i returned.

Has anyone tried to rent LotD? I went to my local Blcokbuster and they did not have it. They said they did not order it. I thought it weird with Halloween around the corner and all. I want to see it, so am I stuck having to buy it?

Also, does anyone know if Saw uncut is really different than Saw or is it a traditional double dip with 30 seconds of "all new, never before seen footage."?

[quote name='Deadpool']Walmart DID have the uncut version packaged with Boogeymen for $17.64.[/QUOTE]

I'm hearing from various places that the Land of the Dead prices and deals at Walmart are pretty YMMV. Like some will just have it alone, for $14.88, $15.XX, $16.XX, or with Boogeymen for instance, the price you listed, or $19.XX listed by dvdpricesearch.com.

bread's done
Back