Laptop help

Bio0022

CAGiversary!
Someone, dropped a glass of water on my old Laptop and it got all messed up but i was able to save the Hard Drive, I was wondering if there's any way i could transfer some files like movies songs to the new Laptop Hard Drive?

I don't know if external (USB) drive cases can accomodate laptop drives, but if they do that would be the way to go. You can get 'em for $20 or so.

One other thing you could do is throw that hdd in the new laptop then copy them over a network connection to a desktop pc, then back to the new laptop's hdd if desired.

[quote name='m6oo']Get one of these external USB cases made specifically for laptop HD's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817145658

AMS makes good stuff. I have one of these and it works great.

Then you can transfer whatever you want to the new laptop, plus now you have a nice external USB HD for extra storage, backups etc.[/QUOTE]

I second looking into buying one of these. Since you said your laptop HD isn't damaged, you can now use it as your mini external HD until your laptop is fixed (if you're going to get it fixed that is). These enclosures are very nifty, only powered by USB, so theres no annoying power supply to carry around.

bread's done
Back