Laptop problems -- worth keeping?

Koggit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
It's an Acer Aspire One I paid $250 for. Not old. About six months young. Won't boot. Won't stay on for longer than ~15 seconds. Even I just sit on the bios menu, after about 15 seconds it turns itself off. Battery's fine, and it does it even if it's plugged into the wall.

Since it's such a cheap machine it wouldn't be worth paying to have it repaired. Any ideas? If not, I'll just wipe the drive and ebay it.

Good point. If Google's right, looks like the warranty is 1yr but Acer doesn't publish the info about it. I'll contact them soon and see. I've actually never dealt with any warranty before because it never seemed worth the hassle.. but if they'll fix it I'll let 'em, then just sell it when they give it back.

If it's anything like Toshiba's warranty and customer service for laptops, I wouldn't even bother and try to regain as much of your money back as possible. It took them several months of me having little problems with the laptop to discover that it was actually a big problem, so I send it in for repairs, get it back 2 weeks later, and it has another problem. Yay. Not to mention all of their tech support is foreign so you have difficulty understanding what the hell they are trying to say. Even the tech support managers were foreign. :bomb:

Never buying from Toshiba again...

If you can't have it repaired under warranty, and you are looking to get rid of it, let me know.

I would be interested in dissecting and tinkering with one of those machines.

bread's done
Back