Laptop screen help

uEih

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone, i just recently replaced my cracked laptop screen. However when i close the laptop with the new screen it seems to have wavy rainbow lines like when you put pressure against a LCD screen. It's all around the screen and seems to be only when i close it and put pressure on the back instead of the corners. It looks like it's coming from the video cable because it only happens when i put pressure around that area where the cable and the screen connect. If anybody knows anything on how to secure the connecting cable more it'll be helpful. There seems to be no lock on the video cable connecting to the screen like a monitor would have on a computer. (The twisting screws to hold the two together securely.)

Dumb question...If it only happens when you close the lid, how can you see what the screen is doing?

I'd fiddle with the connectors with the laptop partially disassembled to see if you can isolate where the problem is. There are usually around 3 connections between the laptop Mobo and the LCD panel itself.

bread's done
Back