Large manual jewel cases?

CAGiversary!
I just picked up a copy of FirePro Wrestling D for Dreamcast and found out that the case is broken. Sadly, I'm not extremely well-versed in import gaming, so I didn't realize that it would be in a much bigger jewel case than American games.

EDIT - Ok, so upon finally getting to really mess with the game, it finally came to my attention that the reason the case is bigger is because of the GIGANTIC instruction manual.

So, the new question is... does anyone know where to get jewel cases for extra-thick manuals? Thank you!

If anything, I would just buy the cheapest game you can find that has the same size case and use the case from that.

That's my technique for US Sega Saturn and Sega CD games

Problem being, outside of other FirePro games, I don't have the slightest clue what even comes in a case that large. It's just throwing me off, since I've never encountered these cases before... which is unfortunate, since I bought it knowing it had a broken case and assumed I could switch it out. :wall:

[quote name='carthitup']I don't have the slightest clue what even comes in a case that large.[/QUOTE]

JP DC versions of Dead or Alive 2 and Sonic Adventure 2 came in these big cases. I own both of them. My SA2's case is slightly broken, but not in any way significant. There's a chip in the bottom of the front, but it shuts just fine.

I would say that about half of the import DC titles have enlarged cases, I'm looking at mine now and from what I see all of my Street Fighter/SNK/etc. cases are bigger. Death Crimson 2 is enlarged too, and I got that one for like $3 at the shop near my house, so you can snatch that up I guess on eBay. I have a mismatched MvC2 case which has a standard jewel case cover on an enlarged backing :(. Looks ghettoooo. But, I don't want to sacrifice another games case to replace it.

twen - a lot of import cd games have cases that are about 1.5x thicker than standard jewel cases. A lot of PSX games came this way too, but the cases are much fancier (example is the Biohazard case, which is extra nice). The cases are larger because the manuals in some of the JP versions are freaking massive.

Ah, interesting. I've been looking to pick up some more import DC stuff, so that's helpful info.

And, if anyone cares, I solved my original problem. Yay. :)

bread's done
Back