Last Gen Hoarding

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Has anyone else found themselves hoarding older games that you liked from the recently passed generation? As I've progressed more towards my PC, PS4 and XB1, I've found myself buying a TON of hugely discounted PC versions of the games I enjoyed from this past generation. As a perfect example, I just rebought the entire Tom Clancy series (Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6, GRAW, etc) and Prince of Persias for like $2 each in order to ensure I "always" have them playable. Just wish I could transfer the saves over to PC too. I realize it's not possible to do with exclusives and definitely realize buying new versions of games I have played and completed and likely will not play again is not very CAGy, but I feel a strange compulsion to future proof them for some reason. It's odd to me too.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else found themselves hoarding older games that you liked from the recently passed generation? As I've progressed more towards my PC, PS4 and XB1, I've found myself buying a TON of hugely discounted PC versions of the games I enjoyed from this past generation. As a perfect example, I just rebought the entire Tom Clancy series (Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6, GRAW, etc) and Prince of Persias for like $2 each in order to ensure I "always" have them playable. Just wish I could transfer the saves over to PC too. I realize it's not possible to do with exclusives and definitely realize buying new versions of games I have played and completed and likely will not play again is not very CAGy, but I feel a strange compulsion to future proof them for some reason. It's odd to me too.....
No. I don't keep things for the sake of keeping them.

Last year I found myself getting a newer 360 unit so that it would be more reliable for basically this reason.  Moreso to ensure I can come back to so much of the amazing games from this gen than to hoard unplayed stuff, but I do find it compelling to buy stuff on the cheap and we'll be seeing more and more of it from the current gen. 

Well Steam makes a lot of things moot in terms of going out and collecting the 360 games I missed. At least with Steam I know the servers will generally stay up and I can always re-download them. MS has to prove a point next gen that the 360 servers are going to up for a long time.

WIth that said, I'd probably raid Gamestop once they mark down a lot of 360/PS3 games down to $2-$3 and what not, but looking at the 2014 lineup and beyond my guess is that's not going to happen till 2017 or later.

Right now going to keep an eye on 360 game sales and grab all the games that hit 80% meta at the real cheap price that were exclusive to the 360.

Most definitely, there were some good gems last generation and I'll be one to admit grabbing games of yesteryear. Picked up Age of Empires II HD on Steam for $5, I've always been the strategy guy and I grew up with Dune II, C&C and Age of Empires. I'd do the same with old XBLA titles but frankly I don't see the big incentive when I keep the fact that the 360 XBLA titles are not compatible with the Xbox One. There are more game pilling up digitally that I'd like to admit. Hello I'm Mike and I have a problem haha.

bread's done
Back