Last poster is the Batman of Cheap Ass Gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mr ryles']Can I be the Riddler?[/QUOTE]

Only if I can be Danny DeVito him:

DetectiveComics824b.jpg

[quote name='jbroush99']^ Not Batman[/quote]

Pssshhhh

Jef Costello (Le Samourai) is twenty times cooler than batman will ever be...

alaindelonisjefcostellogd6.jpg

Dig his pimpness...

[quote name='joe2187']Pshaw!...that shits old

The Letter S

Answer this one

A man is looking at a picture of a man on the wall and states: Brothers and sisters I have none, but this man's father is my father's son. Who is the man in the picture in relation to the man looking at the picture?[/quote]

Easy, his son

Here's a good one:

Many I kill,
Many more will die,
though many will never admit it was I,

I do not bite,
I cannot hit,
but I strike many down when I am lit.

[quote name='kingocraplantis']Easy, his son

Here's a good one:

Many I kill,
Many more will die,

I do not bite,
I cannot hit,
but I strike many down when I am lit.[/quote]Cigarette

[quote name='kingocraplantis']Easy, his son

Here's a good one:

Many I kill,
Many more will die,

I do not bite,
I cannot hit,
but I strike many down when I am lit.[/quote]

Smoke that shit son....Ciggarette!

Alright, something a little harder is in order, then?

You are sitting on the floor staring straight ahead. Behind you, also seated, and facing in the same direction as you, are the 2 smartest people in the world. The person behind you can see the back of your head, the 3rd person can see both you and the 2nd person, you can see only the wall in front of you. A host enters with 5 hats, 2 red and 3 black. While all of the 3 participants' eyes are closed, the host will place 1 hat on each of your heads and hide the remaining 2 hats. Then everyone may open their eyes again. As soon as a person knows what color hat they are wearing, they are to call it out. Several moments have passed and no one has said anything. You correctly call out the color of the hat on your head. What is it?

Three men go to stay at a motel, and the man at the desk charges them $30.00 for a room. They split the cost ten dollars each. Later the manager tells the desk man that he overcharged the men, that the actual cost should have been $25.00. The manager gives the bellboy $5.00 and tells him to give it to the men.

The bellboy, however, decides to cheat the men and pockets $2.00, giving each of the men only one dollar.

Now each man has paid $9.00 to stay in the room and 3 x $9.00 = $27.00. The bellboy has pocketed $2.00. $27.00 + $2.00 = $29.00 - so where is the missing $1.00?

[quote name='pacifickarma']Three men go to stay at a motel, and the man at the desk charges them $30.00 for a room. They split the cost ten dollars each. Later the manager tells the desk man that he overcharged the men, that the actual cost should have been $25.00. The manager gives the bellboy $5.00 and tells him to give it to the men.

The bellboy, however, decides to cheat the men and pockets $2.00, giving each of the men only one dollar.

Now each man has paid $9.00 to stay in the room and 3 x $9.00 = $27.00. The bellboy has pocketed $2.00. $27.00 + $2.00 = $29.00 - so where is the missing $1.00?[/QUOTE]Well, like DT778 said, $27 is the new total. It's not $27.00 + $2.00, because the $2.00 is part of the $27.00 they paid. ($25.00 for the room, plus $2.00 for the tip the bellboy gave himself.) The other $3.00 is what the bellboy gave them back in change, so the original $30 is all accounted for.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Three men go to stay at a motel, and the man at the desk charges them $30.00 for a room. They split the cost ten dollars each. Later the manager tells the desk man that he overcharged the men, that the actual cost should have been $25.00. The manager gives the bellboy $5.00 and tells him to give it to the men.

Now each man has paid $9.00 to stay in the room and 3 x $9.00 = $27.00. The bellboy has pocketed $2.00. $27.00 + $2.00 = $29.00 - so where is the missing $1.00?[/QUOTE]
It makes not mathematical sense to add the 2 dollars to what the men paid to get a total, because that 27 dollars includes the 2 dollars the bellboy stole. The total was 25 and the bellboy stole 2 and the men were refunded 3. That's the logical way to look at it.

YAY FOR THIRD PLACE

[quote name='kingocraplantis']Alright, something a little harder is in order, then?

You are sitting on the floor staring straight ahead. Behind you, also seated, and facing in the same direction as you, are the 2 smartest people in the world. The person behind you can see the back of your head, the 3rd person can see both you and the 2nd person, you can see only the wall in front of you. A host enters with 5 hats, 2 red and 3 black. While all of the 3 participants' eyes are closed, the host will place 1 hat on each of your heads and hide the remaining 2 hats. Then everyone may open their eyes again. As soon as a person knows what color hat they are wearing, they are to call it out. Several moments have passed and no one has said anything. You correctly call out the color of the hat on your head. What is it?[/QUOTE]It's black. Since the 3rd person hasn't said anything, you know that you and the second person aren't both wearing red, because then he'd know he had black. That means it's either 1. you and the 2nd person both wearing black, 2. you in black and the second person in red, or 3. you in red and the second person in black.

The second person has logically deduced all of this, but has also remained silent. If he saw a red hat on you, he'd know it was scenario #3, and that he had black. If he sees black on you, he can't be sure, since it could be either scenario 1 or 2 from above. His silence indicates that you're wearing black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back