Last Total Lunar Eclipse for almost 3 years!!

[quote name='Zen Davis']What time is it happening?[/quote]

There is a chart in the link provided, but it starts at around 9 PM EST.

North America gets a good view. It'll start in about 30 minutes, but take awhile for it to become "total". I'm going out in just a bit to watch it!

[quote name='Moxio']I don't know shit about eclipses... is this safe to look at with unprotected eyes?[/QUOTE]

Earth's shadow on the moon, in this case. You'll be fine.

[quote name='darthbudge']I just looked outside, the sky is way too cloudy here in centeral Texas. I really hope it clears up some.[/QUOTE]

Yep. No moon or stars in sight. :|

Well we're supposed to have bad weather and it's cloudy as hell here, so probably a no go. Would be fun to put on dark side of the moon while watching it though.

[quote name='Autumn Star']It's clear in Chicago, but only 8 degrees outside, so it's a little cold for it.

BTW, how long is it supposed to last?[/quote]

The whole process seems to take 3.5 hours.

Damn it. I've never even cared about eclipses before and I'm not going to be able to see this one ( lights in the apartment complex, cold outside, etc ).

The eclipse is looking like a champ right now. My telescope has sat too long and is out of focus :cry:. Oh well. My rifle scope is still spot on so I just got into the prone position and was watching that way :lol:.

*wants to shoot the moon*

[quote name='Magehart']The eclipse is looking like a champ right now. My telescope has sat too long and is out of focus :cry:. Oh well. My rifle scope is still spot on so I just got into the prone position and was watching that way :lol:.

*wants to shoot the moon*[/quote]

-Woman walks by-
-See's you with your rifle by the window-
-Walks faster-

Also: http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

Perfect view tonight. There's also 3 stars/planets right next to it (someone ID them please?). Usually don't see them in the city. Most of the neighbors are outside in foldy chairs or on their porches.

EDIT: And every space website I've visited tonight is getting hammered so badly I can't connect to any of them.

Say hello to Saturn there too:

2dmh8w3.jpg

Clear here in Chicago too.

[quote name='dallow']Say hello to Saturn there too:

2dmh8w3.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That's great...what kind of camera do you have?

2dmh8w3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Say hello to mah leel frin...

Well, glad some of you have a good view. See you again in 3 years I guess.

My roommate and I attempted to go out and grab photos, but there's too much light in our apartment complex. Too lazy to take the 5 minute drive to nowheresville where there's no light.

2dmh8w3.jpg
[/quote]

I saw the red moon too. Is saturn the small tiny dot on the left?

It was clear here in Vancouver. I actually drove north to Ridgefield(sparcely populated) and got a great view of the eclipse with less city lights.

It was pretty cool.

A couple of mine from a freezing Champaign, IL. Camera is a Nikon D40 with a 55-200 mm lens. No tripod though:bomb:

DSC_0218.jpg

And one with Saturn!
DSC_0212.jpg

Was able to get up to the school's observatory in time and snag some extra credit in astronomy. The moon was cool, but Saturn was cooler. It looks exactly like you would think it would through a telescope. It's weird.

bread's done
Back