Late to the Condemned party, is 2 better than 1?

[quote name='schuerm26']Im playing Condemned right now. I love it. Is 2 as good as the first or not.[/quote]

Eh, I think Condemned 2 improved upon everything from the first game. So yeah I think it is better than the first game.

I think I might prefer the minimalist gameplay of the first, but it's hard for me to say which one is better.

Its not as good as the 1st, but still good. 2 would have been better if there camera did not make me as dizzy as it did. Either way with that fixed 1 was still better.

what are the differences? Seems weird but I enjoy the wandering with the little bit of action that pops up and scares you since a lot of the time you aren't sure where it came from.

i fucking loved the first one and totally think the 2nd one is better. both are great. too bad for the lost game save glitch though, i never got to finish the last level..fuck.

The problem with the second game is that it starts off great, everything is good. You think it's great, but then the story starts getting stupider and by the end of the game when the plot twist happens, pretty much you just wonder WTF they were thinking.

Seriously, WTF were they thinking? The ending of the second game was horrible.

Most of the game is great though :D

The atmosphere in the 2nd is so much better, but the combat is not.. later on in the game, it pretty much turns into an FPS =/

Hey, I just finished 2 today!

They're both good, but the first game is excellent and much better.

Make sure you play both at night, lights off, alone, with surround sound.

I prefer the first one because it feels creepier/more grounded with real fear than the second. It may just be me, but I think abandoned subways and buildings filled with depraved, uncontrollable drug addicts is one of the most genius setting for a horror story ever conceived.

They're both fantastic games, so you should play them both, but DON'T play the second one first They improved the combat for Bloodshot, so playing them out of order would be like a downgrade.

Combat was obviously better in 2, and multiplayer was fun even if it was a bit laggy and mundane.

The first one had a really interesting story, and seemed to flow a lot better and include real elements of horror. I was never once scared in the second one. Also became way to dependent on guns later on.

They are both excellent games, especially for people that like unique games. But the first has a cult classic feel to it. Second game ventured a little too into Silent Hill territory (more about hallucinations and whatnot than in-your-face crazy bum action), but they made it work very well. Only thing I didn't like a whole lot was the ending was a little too extreme in regards to the twist. Like something out of Metal Gear.

If you like 1, there's a 99% chance you will like 2. Play it for sure, if only for the lodge level. ;)

If you want to play online, come back and start a thread for a game night or something. I'll play for sure, since I haven't gone online yet and I imagine there's not a lot of online activity these days to just jump online without setting up scheduling matches with people beforehand.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']They are both excellent games, especially for people that like unique games. But the first has a cult classic feel to it. Second game ventured a little too into Silent Hill territory (more about hallucinations and whatnot than in-your-face crazy bum action), but they made it work very well. Only thing I didn't like a whole lot was the ending was a little too extreme in regards to the twist. Like something out of Metal Gear.

If you like 1, there's a 99% chance you will like 2. Play it for sure, if only for the lodge level. ;)

If you want to play online, come back and start a thread for a game night or something. I'll play for sure, since I haven't gone online yet and I imagine there's not a lot of online activity these days to just jump online without setting up scheduling matches with people beforehand.[/QUOTE]

Would be surprised if the online servers are still running in a couple months. They were pretty much dead when when the game came out.

I will say the achievements for the second one were awesome.

Better yet was the achievement tracker in the game itself. I wish more games did this. Quake Wars and Half-Life Orange Box are the only other ones I've seen with the same setup.

#1 is much better. Go buy it. It's like, $10 bucks at the very most. Still well worth playing, especially around Halloween.

Do yourself a favor and only play it in the pitch-dark, and with headphones on. Greatly improves the experience.

I think Im about halfway through #1 or so now. Im at the Department store level.

I really like the combat in this (meaning, hardly any guns). It's really nerve wracking trying to time your blocks correctly.

bread's done
Back