Latest Famitsu scores: Jump Superstars, Castlevania, Lost in Blue

flizmo007

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Here are the scores, listed from best to worst:

NDS Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Konami): 9/ 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)
PS2 Tales of Legendia (Namco): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
NDS Jump Superstars (Nintendo): 8/ 8 / 9 / 7 - (32/40)
PS2 Winning Post 7 (Koei): 8 / 9 / 8 / 7 - (32/40)
PS2 Naruto: Uzumaki Shinobiden (Bandai): 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)
NDS Lost in Blue (Konami): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
PS2 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (Ubisoft): 8 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (30/40)
PSP Breath of Fire III (Capcom): 7 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (29/40)
PSP Twelve: Sengoku Fengshenden (Konami): 8 / 7 / 8 / 6 - (29/40)
PS2 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Generation of C.E. (Bandai): 8 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (28/40)
PS2 Shikigami no Shiro: Nanayozuki Gensoukyoku (Kids Station): 7 / 8 / 6 / 6 - (27/40)
NDS Lunar Genesis (Lunar: Dragon Song) (Marvelous): 6 / 9 / 6 / 6 - (27/40)
PS2 Cowboy Bebop: Tsuitou no Yakyoku (Bandai): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)
PS2 Simple 2000 Series Vol. 84: The Sekai Meisaku Gekijou Quiz (D3): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)
PSP Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Electronic Arts): 8 / 5 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)
NDS Bust-a-Move DS (Taito): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)
NDS Dino Grand Prix (MTO): 6 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (23/40)
PS2 Mirai Shounen Conan (D3): 6 / 6 / 5 / 4 - (21/40)
PS2 Futakoi: Koi to Mizugi no Survival (MediaWorks): 5 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (21/40)
PS2 White Princess the Second (Kid): 4 / 5 / 4 / 4 - (17/40)

Wow, Lunar really didn't do as good as I had expected. I was thinking at least a 30-32 for Famitsu since all that I was hearing was good things.

Castlevania and Lost in Blue did quite well just as I expected and right in the the range too.

Same for Jump Superstars.

6 6 6 9 is a strange score to get for a game (Lunar). Maybe the one reviewer forgot that 6's go the other way.

I always expected Lunar to suck... seems to be going down that path.

Wish I knew what they hated about BoF 3... low scores because it's a port, or something else?

What is Lost in Blue? Name sounds familiar, but I don't recall anything about it...

I'm very sad about Lunar's score. *sigh* It wasn't looking like it would be as fantastic as the previous two, but one could only hope...any place I can see their comments for some of these?

[quote name='Blind the Thief']What is Lost in Blue? Name sounds familiar, but I don't recall anything about it...
[/QUOTE]

It is a sequel (or similar) to Survival Kids which I believe was a GBC game. A boy and a girl are stranded on an Island and you have to figure out how to survive. I think you can start as the boy or the girl and at some point you meet up with each other and work together.

Thank the lawd, Lost in Blue didn't turn out to be just a good preview. Can't wait to unshelf my DS and get all castaway on my couch.

Do you need to have played the GBC game to play Lost in Blue?

I'm glad Superstars got a good score, more reason for me to buy. =D

[quote name='daschrier']I think it's already been confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Legendia is supposed to come here, Feburary of next year last I heard. All the shots I've seen and previews I've read made it look good, nice to know it got a decent score as well. Now they just need to not screw up in the transition to the US.

Crap....not as good scores as I hoped but no matter what....I'm getting this:

PS2 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Generation of C.E. (Bandai): 8 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (28/40)

I'm absolutely amazed at the growing disparity of game types released in Japan vs. North America and Europe. There are franchises there I've never heard of I know will never come out here.

I guess I only have to look at my Xbox collection to realize just how much I've come to favor Western games and I know I'm not alone. Even when I look at my GCN and PS2 collection the amount of Japanese developed titles, Nintendo franchises aside, is so much smaller now than it was 10 years ago.

I wonder if the two markets will continue drifting apart from a game style standpoint. I guess as long as FPS's, sports games and driving games continue to be the most popular North American titles they will.

I think that the market in Japan is more aggressive and thus more innovative or quirky games are getting chances.

In America, driving, sports and FPS are bread and butter, so why should they try anything else? Everyone wants those types of games here and they sell.

Japananese consumerism (from where I'm standing at least) is insanely more aggressive and important to the average bloke. The quality and innovation of those products is reflected by how competitive the market is. They sell PS2 games at 7-11 and I always see advertisments for wierd ass games on TV (Quenden, Electroplankton etc.)

I always wondered why Japanese products were "better" and it basically boils down to the fact that they put more value and worth in material goods.

Well, from what I had played of the new Castlevania it looked to be the best yet. Yes, even better than SOTN. I'm also pleasantly surprised about Lost in Blue. I was unsure but had hope for it.

I saw Gradius V in a Japan 7-11 type place before it came out here. It was cool!

Edit: I even kinda remember the store name.

I wish there was a way to play ds games on the tv.

once in a while, I prefer the big box for the gba sp and it's nice to have the GBplayer.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']I wish there was a way to play ds games on the tv.

once in a while, I prefer the big box for the gba sp and it's nice to have the GBplayer.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking about this today, it'd be awesome to be able to have my Nintendog on the bigger screen.

bread's done
Back