Launch Date Revealed. November 22!!!

And I still won't get it until one or two years after release (or at least two price drops this time around). I'm still content with this generation and it's graphics and games and will have plenty to do in the mean time.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']And I still won't get it until one or two years after release (or at least two price drops this time around). I'm still content with this generation and it's graphics and games and will have plenty to do in the mean time.[/QUOTE]

BINGO! That's the exact same sentiment I have. Why jump out of this generation when all the games (new and old) are going to be dropping in price and their graphics/gameplay are already pretty damn cool.

Intersting list of upcoming games:

(eM)-eNCHANT-arM (FromSoftware Inc.)
Bomberman — Act Zero (Hudson Soft Co. Ltd.)
Call of Duty® 2 (Activision Inc.)
CHROMEHOUNDS (Sega)
Dead Rising (Capcom)
Dynasty Warriors 5 Special (Koei Co. Ltd.)
Everyparty (Microsoft Game Studios)
Far East of Eden — Ziria (Hudson Soft)
FINAL FANTASY XI (Square Enix Co. Ltd.)
Frame City Killer™ (Namco)
Gears of War™ (Microsoft Game Studios)
Kameo™: Elements of Power™ (Microsoft Game Studios)
Mobile Suit Gundam (working title) (Bandai Co. Ltd.)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
NINETY-NINE NIGHTS (Microsoft Game Studios)
The Outfit™ (THQ)
Project Gotham Racing® 3 (Microsoft Game Studios)
Resident Evil 5 (Capcom)
Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
Rumble Roses XX (working title) (Konami)
Shutoku Battle (working title) (Genki Co. Ltd.)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
Saint's Row™ (THQ)
Test Drive Unlimited (Atari Inc.)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ (Ubisoft Entertainment)
World Air Force (tentative title) (Taito Corp.)
Wrestle Kingdom (Yuke's Co. Ltd.)

Bomberman on live would be awesome!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']BINGO! That's the exact same sentiment I have. Why jump out of this generation when all the games (new and old) are going to be dropping in price and their graphics/gameplay are already pretty damn cool.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for XBOX 360 is fine since there are so many great, cheap games for this generation. However, I have tons of credit at GR and GS and then a few hundred bucks lying around for gaming. I can afford it, and it isn't worth waiting a year or 2 to save $100.

[quote name='aaa']Yes, MS hasn't officially announced it, but NYTimes never lies, [/QUOTE]

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jayson Blair.

Please retract statement immediately.

[quote name='urzishra14']thats the day after my girlfriends birthday.. so i just might have to surprise her that day.[/QUOTE]

"Surprise honey, I got you this XBox 360 so we could play together"
"Then how come its already open and your playing it?"

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']And I still won't get it until one or two years after release (or at least two price drops this time around). I'm still content with this generation and it's graphics and games and will have plenty to do in the mean time.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I wonder which day will be crazier. The 22nd or the 25th (Black Friday)? I suspect Black Friday will still win.[/QUOTE]

Black Friday, hands down, w/o a doubt.

11/22 will also have several big CD/DVD releases too.

When I see this release date, I percieve this as being unprepared as Nov. 22nd is one of the last possible days they could safely release the system and still catch the black friday rush. Of course all that's going to be left on BF are those crappy core systems, but maybe they'll have deals on some games or accessories.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']"Surprise honey, I got you this XBox 360 so we could play together"
"Then how come its already open and your playing it?"[/QUOTE]

"And why is their only one controller?"

[quote name='Megalith']I'll just eat turkey while playing Perfect Dark.[/QUOTE]
Hell with the wireless controller, set the TV up in a room across from your place at the table, put the controller on your lab and when your waiting for someone to pass the rolls sneak in a quick 30 seconds of gaming ;).

Tempting but I think all it has to offer is shiny new graphics and I've got a ton of crap yet to be played... it is tempting though...

Considering final spec hardware/dev kits went out two weeks ago I'm surprised they even made the 22nd.

I can't imagine the deadline pressure going on at Rare, Bizzare Creations, Activision, Bethesda and EA trying to get these games to go gold by November 15th. They must be going absolutely insane.

[quote name='Megalith']I'll just eat turkey while playing Perfect Dark.[/QUOTE]

Yep, especially when they miss launch date....which is the current rumor.

Hmmm, I could probably get it from GameRush at midnight, but since I have it pre-ordered....i'll sleep in

I wish we got a lower price like the Japanese are getting ($340 for the Xbox 360 there, as opposed to $400 here). Then again, much how like we didn't get the good PSP option here, they don't get the shitty Xbox 360 option there.

Yep Morrowind was a good friend but Oblivion will devour it... Anyways I have no prob with the xbox comin out on the 22nd.

bread's done
Back