Law & Order SVU Second Year for $19.99 at Best Buy

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!
I haven't been to Best Buy for awhile, so today I went in to check if they have any deals on video games and DVD Sets. As I was walking down the DVD sections I noticed yellow tags sticking out, so I found one for Law & Order SVU: 2nd Season for $19.99. I even ask one of the clerk for a price check just to make sure. Everything checked out. Enjoy.

Good price, I've been thinking of picking up a SVU box set. I'm still hoping season 2 of Criminal Intent will be released, I already have seasons 1 & 3.

great price on a solid show, the only problem with the law and order series, is there is no continuing story line. Each show finishes off any storyline, and really are only worth watching one time. Thats just my opinion.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up. I picked up Season 1 when it was $20 at Wal-Mart last year. Now if only they would release the remaining seasons (Except season 5, which is already out for some reason). Anyways, my main complaint about the Law & Order DVDs is the inconsistency. Each set has a completely different box design and disc format.

For some reason SVU season 2 is the only SVU box set that isn't available for in-store pickup. I'm not planning to order online then pick it up in-store, I just want to see if it's even available at my local BB. I guess a trip to BB is in order.

[quote name='ryanbph']great price on a solid show, the only problem with the law and order series, is there is no continuing story line. Each show finishes off any storyline, and really are only worth watching one time. Thats just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

That's why I can like them... I can tune into any season, any episode, and never feel like I've missed something.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's why I can like them... I can tune into any season, any episode, and never feel like I've missed something.[/QUOTE]
very true, but that kinda makes it pointless to watch it again, if you have already seen it on tv.

[quote name='ryanbph']great price on a solid show, the only problem with the law and order series, is there is no continuing story line. Each show finishes off any storyline, and really are only worth watching one time. Thats just my opinion.[/quote]

If I recall, there was only one particular case in the original Law and Order and one particular case in Criminal Intent that involved a particular suspect appearing twice. Larry Miller was in two L&O episodes, if I recall, as a suspect in his wife's death (both, a few seasons apart from one another) while that Australian woman appeared at least twice in Criminal Intent.

Honestly, the connected material works out well for them, so long as it doesn't necessarily span into different series. Then again, watching Munch almost come to blows with Briscoe on a Homicide/L&O crossover due to the fact that Briscoe slept with Munch's ex or wife or something in the past was pretty damned hilarious.

[quote name='alive741']Ok, I've never watched this show before. What is the difference between Law and Order, and Law and Order SVU?[/QUOTE]
Different characters and usually different types of cases. SVU usually deals with more sex crimes based offenses.

I wasn't sure if this deal was still going on, but since it's the case, I believe these other DVDs are $19.99

Monk Season 3
MacGyver (some season)
and one or two other shows which i forget.

The above two have the prices listed online.

[quote name='ryanbph']very true, but that kinda makes it pointless to watch it again, if you have already seen it on tv.[/QUOTE]

Actually, upon watching a few of them, there is overtones that carry over into other episodes over time.

Stabler's anger problem is one of them, you slowly see his character start getting more angry and hostile every season. He went from a good family man and a good cop to someone who went out of control.

I've recently been watching the show and really like it.

I will be forcing myself not to buy this because I know I will end up buying every single season if I do buy this, kinda like every other tv show I buy on dvd.

Good price though op.

bread's done
Back