Layton 2 coming August

I think it might be prudent to point out that their source is a retailer listing, Amazon's page. As with all release dates from retailer listings, this could easily be a filler date.

Love the game. Started playing it just today. Really gets the brain working and prevents it from turning into smush.

Finally beat the first one today in anticipation of this. Very excited. I'll be relying on my DS almost exclusively for my next 3 months of gaming, so this should be a nice jumpstart.

Puzzle!

So is MSRP $34.99 or $29.99? Amazon still has it listed for $29.99 but I've seen it for $34.99 elsewhere. I preordered from Amazon in any case, but I'm just a bit curious.

It *should* be $29.99... if there's anywhere selling it higher (GameStop), go somewhere else.

Oh, I have no problem taking my business elsewhere. It's just odd that Gamestop would be selling the game for $5 about MSRP at release. Amazon usually has a 5% or 10% discount on games as well, but not on Professor Layton which had me wondering if the MSRP wasn't quite set yet.

[quote name='thelonepig']It's just odd that Gamestop would be selling the game for $5 about MSRP at release.[/QUOTE]

they've always done that on some games but they've been doing it with more frequency lately

I got the Diabolical Box. Just started it and the game is far more cinematic (at least in the intro) than The Curious Village. I'm psyched, although after playing for about 15 minutes I've only gotten to solve three puzzles.

Before you ask: blind luck, and knowing the right people.

[quote name='Enclave Soldier']Is there a reason why GameStop charges $35 for this game and Best Buy and some other retailers only $29?

Am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]
If people will pay the extra money, why wouldn't they?

[quote name='beerme']Anyone who ordered from Amazon have their copy ship yet?[/QUOTE]
Mine hasn't shipped yet and when I checked the status this morning it said "Delivery estimate: December 22, 2010" right now it's back to August 27th so I guess they'll ship out tomorrow or later today.

MarioColbert or anyone else who's playing: when does the puzzle related to the game's manual come up? I'll be playing a lot of this away from home today and don't want to have to carry the manual with me if I don't have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']what kind of accent does prof layton and luke have?[/QUOTE]

same as the first game

[quote name='pete5883']MarioColbert or anyone else who's playing: when does the puzzle related to the game's manual come up? I'll be playing a lot of this away from home today and don't want to have to carry the manual with me if I don't have to.[/QUOTE]

A manual puzzle? Poor form

I can't tell if you need the manual for it, or if the puzzle is just replicated in the manual. If it was the former, I assumed there'd be dozens of topics about it on GameFAQs, asking for the answer because they stole the game. However I saw no such topics.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Not like METAL FUCKING GEAR SOLID didn't do it first.[/QUOTE]

Oh poor StarTropics how the mediocre have fallen.

[quote name='pete5883']I can't tell if you need the manual for it, or if the puzzle is just replicated in the manual. If it was the former, I assumed there'd be dozens of topics about it on GameFAQs, asking for the answer because they stole the game. However I saw no such topics.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you're there already, but having the manual makes the puzzle easier to solve. It isn't necessary to solve it though if you can eyeball things pretty well.

[quote name='pete5883']If people will pay the extra money, why wouldn't they?[/QUOTE]

Cause MSRP should be the same across the board. I'm confused by this as well.

[quote name='chuckywang']Cause MSRP should be the same across the board. I'm confused by this as well.[/QUOTE]

MSRP is manufacturer's suggested retail price, so they can set it higher or lower

[quote name='62t']MSRP is manufacturer's suggested retail price, so they can set it higher or lower[/QUOTE]

True true, but I guess what I'm saying is that I've never seen it before.

[quote name='spydey']I just beat it. Another great Layton game.[/QUOTE]

I just finished this as well. For some reason, I really thought a lot of the puzzles in DB were worded poorly in comparison to CV, but maybe it was just me.

Just ordered, this will be on tap once I wrap up Henry Hatsworth.

Layton 2 and Scribblenaughts both popped up in my Amazon Gold Box today and Amazon let me order both ~26 - ECA 10% = ~24 each.

I swore that I would stop playing after I got to Chapter 4, because I got a lot to do at job/school today...

Literally the hardest thing I had to do was put it down after that spectacle of an intro to Chapter 4. Hot damn, loving it.

bread's done
Back