LBP, Gran Turismo, NBA The Inside 10 (PSP) $10 at KMART YMMV

aleraiders

CAGiversary!
READ FIRST - regular games in the glass cases scan at full price (you need the generic upc/sticker on the back) people have posted price matching at another KMART, US only version, so good luck see pics below

ALSO NOTE - i was looking threw the games and saw that these games are translated in english and french but, there are still in region 1, so they should be playable, thats why there $9.99

i was told that PSP games are all playable, no matter what region, u can play japanese games on a US psp (vice versa)

People have reported seen these older games for $9.99

the con
hot shots golf
Loco Roco 2
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Secret Agent Clank
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
and other older titles

NEW TITLES

LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo
NBA THE Inside 10

as i dug more in the pile i kept finding newer and newer games

update - people have been reporting finding these deals across the country, but on the other note no dice for some, so its definently YMMV, or the pricing team hasnt got around to pricing these games yet

update #2 - KMART restocks these "9.99" games, so keep checking up in the electronics dept

- most people find them in green carboard clearance bins (some on a clearance shelf)
- the have a green sticker stating "9.99"
- on the back theres a generic upc/sticker covering the original upc

see pics (see below)

[quote name='j_mccarty5']store manager told me the games are special promo items sent to stores, hence the special upc stickers. once they are gone, they're gone. good luck! I was only able to get LBP. Awesome deal, so thanks to the OP.[/QUOTE]

im guessing the original upc will scan at full price, this is too good of a deal for other KMART's to match others stores prices, if u get a down to earth employee who cares about customer service maybe, but since these versions are english/french, they may or may not notice the difference

[quote name='neudog']Started this TL for those CAG's unable to score any at their K-Marts: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6621003#post6621003[/QUOTE]

please note, im not KMART shopper, my wife had to use the restroom and KMART was right there, lots of people and long lines, so this was shear luck, but i soon will start stalking KMART

[IMG-L=5806]10537[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10544[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=5806]10543[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10542[/IMG-C]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dahk']This is YMMV. I went to Kmart and the games were behind the glass and rang up as 39.99[/QUOTE]

This promo is not YMMV. There should be a big green cardboard stand that holds all the games. It is the same green cardboard that is used for all the other holiday displays around the store. The side of the bin says something like "play great games this season at a great price" and is probably 3'x3' wide and 4' tall. Mine was right by the entrance to the electronics area. The ones behind the glass do not have the cheaper UPC sticker and are regular price. I picked up the only copies of LBP and GT at the store by me. All the other games in the bin are AT LEAST 2-3 years old and really aren't worth 10 bucks.

I checked out Kmart by 291 & 24 Highway independence, MO. Spent 30 minutes & go home empty hand :( I'll check out again next week or two.

[quote name='maxfisher']Might be worth checking back in a day or two. Since they have a new UPC sticker on the back, your store might've just not gotten around to doing markdowns yet. Over the years, Kmart has seemed pretty consistent on this type of markdown and I'd say it's way less YMMV than something like a Best Buy clearance.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is a markdown that happens at the store. The store I picked my copies up from had GT and LBP both in the green bin for the promo and in the glass case as well. This promo assortment would have come from warehouse already marked the lower price. It won't hurt to try back in a few days in case they get a promo replenishment order but don't expect the individual stores to be pulling stock from the glass cases to fill the promo bin.

picked up LBP and GT. there was other stuff there but nothing that caught my eye.
Girlfriend also said she saw a k-mart commercial that flashed the deal on the screen for a second with other stuff too. so i'm sure its everywhere.
happy hunting guys.

store manager told me the games are special promo items sent to stores, hence the special upc stickers. once they are gone, they're gone. good luck! I was only able to get LBP. Awesome deal, so thanks to the OP.

Though I wasn't able to find LBP, a couple Kmarts in town did have PSP games with the 9.99 stickers like shown in the OP. More importantly, and I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so did Sears. No LBP there either, but they also had PSP games with the 9.99 stickers. Might be worth a look.

Time to visit the 'mart.

Thankfully there's one less than 3 miles from my house so if its a bust, I'm not too inconvenienced.

The Kmart 5 minutes from my house didn't have any green bin that I saw. I saw a green thing with useless Wii accessories though. I'll try some other Kmart later I guess.

Yup they really are 9 bucks.

I went and didnt see any so I had the guy price check a LBP and GT in the case and they came up as 39 bucks so I had him put them back. Then I walked around and found another shelf with discounted games and I found 2 GT for 9.99 so I got both of them.

just so anyone living in the toledo area all toledo kmarts have been cleared out of lbp and gt...just a heads up, and yes the deal is real

Guys, keep kicking this up with silly posts (especially...I'm heading out to look...") and forget about finding the one to two copies per store....

P.S. thanks op....

[quote name='accelzero']question, was it indeed in a bin or behind the glass?[/QUOTE]

at my store is was a green "clearance" bin

like a true hoarder i did check the games behind glass cases but LBP and GT, when the employee scanned the games it came up full price, so the generic upc/sticker is a must!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply guys, I found it at my local Kmart, North Miami Beach, Florida. Alas I got the last one :bouncy:

[quote name='abilyk']Though I wasn't able to find LBP, a couple Kmarts in town did have PSP games with the 9.99 stickers like shown in the OP. More importantly, and I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so did Sears. No LBP there either, but they also had PSP games with the 9.99 stickers. Might be worth a look.[/QUOTE]

sears?? GT? LBP? i know they do sell clearanced/older games but new ones???, ima check out sears later

edit - updated the OP with some details people have been asking, let me know if there anything i missed

[quote name='Ravaged']You could always buy a bunch and return them to Wal-Mart for a gift card...[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure thats fraud. Not a good idea to talk about that here.

[quote name='Ravaged']You could always buy a bunch and return them to Wal-Mart for a gift card...[/QUOTE]

moron, back to SD/FW with your frickin fraud.
this is what happens when a good deal is overposted...

Lol, someone must have been thinking it. Don't blame me for being the first to actually say it.

P.S. I don't condone that sort of activity, just merely stating what someone was hinting at a few pages back.

[quote name='Ravaged']Lol, someone must have been thinking it. Don't blame me for being the first to actually say it.

P.S. I don't condone that sort of activity, just merely stating what someone was hinting at a few pages back.[/QUOTE]

well its frowned upon to mention something like that here. plus these green stickers are a bitch to get off and it would be kinda clear that you didnt buy them from that store.

[quote name='aleraiders']sears?? GT? LBP? i know they do sell clearanced/older games but new ones?[/QUOTE]

sears owns kmart

Well, I deleted the comment, and I realize it was a stupid one to make. Anyway, good deal if you still have a K-Mart within the vicinity.

[quote name='Arakias']sears owns kmart[/QUOTE]

i kinda knew that when kmart sells crafstman tools there, but the clearanced video games at sears is another story

Originally Posted by Ravaged
You could always buy a bunch and return them to Wal-Mart for a gift card...

yes it was mention a few pages back but coming from a 'veteran', people tend to pay attention and make a bigger scene about this, anyways.....

Thanks OP, just picked up LBP and GTP. I went to the Kmart on Plainfield in Grand Rapids, MI. There was still one copy of GT, a bunch of Secret Agent Clank, and one The Con. I was in a hurry, so there migh tbe something else there.

My second Kmart had one LBP and two GT :) This will be the first time I attempt to flip games that other people could have used. I feel so dirty... The Sears 30 seconds away from the Kmart didn't have any of the $9.99 games either. Oh and I love you OP.

Also, the games weren't in green cardboard boxes for me. They were on a big clearance shelf. There were two cardboard boxes on the bottom shelf with crappy PS2 and 360 games though.

Kmart in West Orange NJ had a few PSP games for $10, but they weren't in the green bin. They were on a shelf, but no LBP or GT, just hot shots golf and I believe metal gear portable ops.

The only versions of all the games that are tagged at $10 are multi-lingual: they have both English and French text on the cover. The 'regular' US releases will all ring up $39.99.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Kmart in West Orange NJ had a few PSP games for $10, but they weren't in the green bin. They were on a shelf, but no LBP or GT, just hot shots golf and I believe metal gear portable ops.[/QUOTE]

Portable Ops for $10 is a steal lol.

Anyway for the flippers, LBP has a tiv of $13.25 and GT has a TIV of $15. Add the 30% coupon plus 10% edge, you almost double your money. Who knows? maybe the extra $5 will stack too with the DS/PSP promo. You would even come out even more ahead if you wanted to use the credit for the B2G1 sale.

You would get a little over $37 at Amazon (trading them in, not selling). I'm not sure what Game Crazy and Blockbuster give for these.

for the flippers out there

TIV's at Gamecrazy

LBP trades in at $16.67 base and $18.34 with MVP,
GT gets $15 base and $16.50 with MVP,

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Man I had no intentions of purchasing LBP PSP (Already played the PS3 version a good bit) but at this price I can't say no.

Hopefully my Kmart will be as generous as yours.[/QUOTE]
WOW! Awesome find dude! I just bought LBP for my son's birthday this week. Got it from the TRU B1G1 50% off sale. But it can't beat this! Good for you!

[quote name='ricoraney']WOW! Awesome find dude! I just bought LBP for my son's birthday this week. Got it from the TRU B1G1 50% off sale. But it can't beat this! Good for you![/QUOTE]

a birthday a week to soon

Here is a pro-tip for everyone still looking. Check out the side of the green bin where the bin comes together. I found many games in there (none I wanted though) but still. Sometimes what you want could have fallen in the cracks.

[quote name='aleraiders']for the flippers out there

TIV's at Gamecrazy

LBP trades in at $16.67 base and $18.34 with MVP,
GT gets $15 base and $16.50 with MVP,[/QUOTE]

TIV for LBP to Amazon is now $22.

I found 2 copies of Gran Turismo for PSP for $10 at my Elizabethtown, KY K-Mart in a green cardboard box set up outside the Electronics department, didn't bother getting it because I hate serious racing titles (give me Burnout any day of the week :p) though I didn't find LittleBigPlanet which I would snag in a heartbeat. So yeah, I can confirm this is true!

Picked up LBP,GT, and the Con. Saw Secret Agent Clank at 9.99 but passed. The covers of LBP and GT are different than the ones that were still in the case. Not sure if that means that the games are any different or not though.

or you could sell it another CAG. I am sure there are people willing to pay $20+ shipping. $20 cash is better than any store credit

Hey all, first post!! If someone could keep an eye out for Harvest Moon DS Island of Happiness let me know! I was able to get one, but I want to buy one for my friend so we can play together. I bought 2 copies of LBP and 2 copies GT with this deal, great find!

I saw no bargain bin at my store, so I asked the guy. He pulled out a cardboard box full of games from behind the counter, and there in the bottom was their last copy of LBP, marked $9.99. :) Thanks OP!

PLEASE NOTE - i was looking threw the games and saw that these games are translated in english and french but, there are still in region 1, so they should be playable

thats y there $9.99, i still havent played them yet (chirstmas gift or im going to sell them, so i cant confirm that they work but they should)

[quote name='Arakias']well its frowned upon to mention something like that here. plus these green stickers are a bitch to get off and it would be kinda clear that you didnt buy them from that store.

sears owns kmart[/QUOTE]

Actually K-Mart owns Sears.

^^ ugh... If you're going to type something like that in large text with an in-your-face font color, please check your spelling and grammar. :(

Thanks OP! I snagged a copy of LBP and GT at a Kmart in midlothian, va. There were a couple more GT's, no more LBP's that I saw.

Note, if you look and see them on the regular shelf ask for a price check because the copies that were 9.99 were in the regular game case at this Kmart...

I hit up my K-Mart today to see if I could have any luck with LBP today. I found the bargain bin, went through it three times, and didn't have any luck with finding any of the three games listed in the OP. A little sad, I went to the employee running the Electronics, and explained the WHOLE situation to him.

I told him people on the internet were posting pictures of the games from K-Marts with receipts, stickers, and barcodes like the ones in the bin, and one of the games was LittleBigPlanet. I asked if maybe he could find a list of the games that were supposed to go in the bin (at Sam Goody, the store I work at, that's how we fill the bins- we take the products out of the sections), and if LBP was on the list, if he could give me the sales price. He helped me look around the entire Electronics section, AND in the bargain bin, but we didn't have any luck finding LBP on sale, or the list of games. So what happened next?

The employee took my word for it, called up customer service to ask for the override code, and gave me the sales price for it! :O I couldn't believe it- I mean, people can get fired over pushing things like that! I felt bad at first, and told him during the process that if he was going to get in trouble for it, it wasn't worth it. But he insisted, and said that customer service was that important.

I was really happy to leave K-Mart with my copy of LittleBigPlanet today, and went straight to my computer to write up a good review about them. :D

[quote name='PikaPichu']^^ ugh... If you're going to type something like that in large text with an in-your-face font color, please check your spelling and grammar. :([/QUOTE]

And, maybe he should check one page where I already posted this.

"The only versions of all the games that are tagged at $10 are multi-lingual: they have both English and French text on the cover. The 'regular' US releases will all ring up $39.99."

[quote name='PikaPichu']^^ ugh... If you're going to type something like that in large text with an in-your-face font color, please check your spelling and grammar. :([/QUOTE]

And make sure it wasn't posted already, which it was :/

edit: h5 sizzlorr

No go at the White Plains, NY Kmart. They had a pretty hefty bin full of value games but none of the PSP titles with the $9.99 sticker on them.

Thought I'd save someone a trip.

bread's done
Back