LBP, Gran Turismo, NBA The Inside 10 (PSP) $10 at KMART YMMV

aleraiders

CAGiversary!
READ FIRST - regular games in the glass cases scan at full price (you need the generic upc/sticker on the back) people have posted price matching at another KMART, US only version, so good luck see pics below

ALSO NOTE - i was looking threw the games and saw that these games are translated in english and french but, there are still in region 1, so they should be playable, thats why there $9.99

i was told that PSP games are all playable, no matter what region, u can play japanese games on a US psp (vice versa)

People have reported seen these older games for $9.99

the con
hot shots golf
Loco Roco 2
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Secret Agent Clank
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
and other older titles

NEW TITLES

LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo
NBA THE Inside 10

as i dug more in the pile i kept finding newer and newer games

update - people have been reporting finding these deals across the country, but on the other note no dice for some, so its definently YMMV, or the pricing team hasnt got around to pricing these games yet

update #2 - KMART restocks these "9.99" games, so keep checking up in the electronics dept

- most people find them in green carboard clearance bins (some on a clearance shelf)
- the have a green sticker stating "9.99"
- on the back theres a generic upc/sticker covering the original upc

see pics (see below)

[quote name='j_mccarty5']store manager told me the games are special promo items sent to stores, hence the special upc stickers. once they are gone, they're gone. good luck! I was only able to get LBP. Awesome deal, so thanks to the OP.[/QUOTE]

im guessing the original upc will scan at full price, this is too good of a deal for other KMART's to match others stores prices, if u get a down to earth employee who cares about customer service maybe, but since these versions are english/french, they may or may not notice the difference

[quote name='neudog']Started this TL for those CAG's unable to score any at their K-Marts: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6621003#post6621003[/QUOTE]

please note, im not KMART shopper, my wife had to use the restroom and KMART was right there, lots of people and long lines, so this was shear luck, but i soon will start stalking KMART

[IMG-L=5806]10537[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10544[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=5806]10543[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10542[/IMG-C]

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed in Vegas here. I picked up LBP (Tagged with the $9.99 sticker). There was about 3 GT's left, 1 NBA 10: The Inside, and Secret Agent Clank for $9.99. I might go back and pick up GT as I enjoyed the little demo Fry's had set up.

EDIT: Thanks for sharing OP. I appreciate it very much!

I have to admit that I thought this was bullsh#t until I went to my local kmart and found 1 LBP. Can't believe that I finally got lucky with one of these deals.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I hit up my K-Mart today to see if I could have any luck with LBP today. I found the bargain bin, went through it three times, and didn't have any luck with finding any of the three games listed in the OP. A little sad, I went to the employee running the Electronics, and explained the WHOLE situation to him.

I told him people on the internet were posting pictures of the games from K-Marts with receipts, stickers, and barcodes like the ones in the bin, and one of the games was LittleBigPlanet. I asked if maybe he could find a list of the games that were supposed to go in the bin (at Sam Goody, the store I work at, that's how we fill the bins- we take the products out of the sections), and if LBP was on the list, if he could give me the sales price. He helped me look around the entire Electronics section, AND in the bargain bin, but we didn't have any luck finding LBP on sale, or the list of games. So what happened next?

The employee took my word for it, called up customer service to ask for the override code, and gave me the sales price for it! :O I couldn't believe it- I mean, people can get fired over pushing things like that! I felt bad at first, and told him during the process that if he was going to get in trouble for it, it wasn't worth it. But he insisted, and said that customer service was that important.

I was really happy to leave K-Mart with my copy of LittleBigPlanet today, and went straight to my computer to write up a good review about them. :D[/QUOTE]

customer service at its finest, i wish everyone could be calm and cool about things and not act out because they didnt find the deal everyone else is finding, as for getting fired for doing that, ive heard about that, so i mean if he's cool about mayb he knows something we dont, or he just doesnt care,

as for the people juimping on me for posting something that was already posted and the grammar, get over it, its not the end of the world, its not high school, the reason UR AL HER IZ CUZ OF DA DELZ, someone people including me dont have the time to read all 2000 posts (100 posts in this thread)

Thanks OP!! My bro went this morning and picked up GT and the last copy of LBP for me. He picked up Hot Shots Golf and NBA 10 for himself. He also saw Secret Agent Clank and several other titles he can't remember. Can't believe K-Mart had this awesome sale but French/English who cares as long as it's region 1 and playable!!. They may be Canadian releases though now that I think about it.

Thanks again OP. I picked up GT for $9.99. LBP was still behind the glass and marked at normal MSRP though.

The Bremerton, WA store had one more GT and a few copies of Secret Agent Clank when I left.

Thanks OP. I checked the Kmart on Wendover in Greensboro, NC - no LBP or GT for PSP in the green bins, just the usual trash titles.

I want to note that I found LBP, GT, NBA, and SAC where the clearance games are normally at (Plain shelves). (They were not in the green bin with the bundled games.)

Found 2 Gran Turismos and an NBA 10 The Inside at my local K-Mart. Also saw Singstar 1 and 2 bundles at 14.99 each, which were tempting.

No luck at the Crofton or Pasadena Maryland Kmarts. If anyone can pick me up a copy of LBP and or GT I can paypal you the money.

[quote name='Chemosh013']even if they are canadian, psp games are region free. I have a japanese psp that plays all the american games no problem.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Here's an article engadget has about region free games for PSP.

http://www.engadget.com/2005/03/25/psp-games-region-free-after-all-but-umd-movies-locked/

Quick summary if you don't feel like reading it: PSP games are region free, meaning if you bought a PSP in the US but wanted to import games from say Japan then it wouldn't matter if it has a region code on it, you can still play it. On the other hand PSP movies HAVE region codes on them that prevent you from watching them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the Reno K-mart and picked up GT. They weren't in the big bin, but rather with the games that are lined up by the cases. They had one copy of NBA 10, one copy of R&C, and one more copy of GT.

Thanks for the deal!

[quote name='aleraiders']PLEASE NOTE - i was looking threw the games and saw that these games are translated in english and french but, there are still in region 1, so they should be playable [/QUOTE]
PSP games should be playable on any system -- they aren't region locked.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']PSP games should be playable on any system -- they aren't region locked.[/QUOTE]

after some internet searching, i found that out plus, theres CAG"s on here with experience stating the same, thanks!

updated the OP....

Thanks OP.

I was able to grab a GT and a little big planet.

I also saw Hot Shots and Castelavania ($14.99) which I thought was funny.

They seem to put a sticker UPC on these games.. went to one by my pad, picked up the last Gran Turismo they had. Went to another Kmart to see if LBP was available, and it was but it didn't have a sticker UPC on it. Came out $39.99 . Manager wouldn't override it. Sall good though. Also picked up Singstar vol. 1 & 2 bundles for $14.99 a piece.

Firstly, THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH OP...I managed to get LBP, GT, and NBA 10. I couldnt believe this deal was actually real!!! didnt LBP JUST come out like 2 weeks ago???

Secondly, I also saw Singstar 1, 2, country bundles, 2 Secret Agent Clank, 2 more Gran turismos, and other older games at the KMart in Redwood City, CA. However, I left 2 at the counter of secret agent clank and Gran Turismos, because I decide I didnt want them, so they should be back in the bin soon enough. i got the last LBP though.

[quote name='cupcakex1']They seem to put a sticker UPC on these games.. went to one by my pad, picked up the last Gran Turismo they had. Went to another Kmart to see if LBP was available, and it was but it didn't have a sticker UPC on it. Came out $39.99 . Manager wouldn't override it. Sall good though. Also picked up Singstar vol. 1 & 2 bundles for $14.99 a piece.[/QUOTE]
The sticker is a generic UPC. A lot of room for a scam if you are able to remove the sticker.

Snagged the last copy of both GT and LBP. Great deal, thanks! Didn't see anything else of interest (Secret Agent Clank isn't any kind of deal at this price - Amazon sells it for $10.65).

Lucky to pick these up as I didn't open this thread until today. Figured it wasn't a national thing so didn't bother reading earlier.

I picked up a LBP and a GT at the Oakdale MN K-Mart earlier today. They had the NBA game as well as more GT in stock.

2 copies of Secret Agent Clank at the Blaine, MN K-Mart.
No green bin either, the Clanks were just lined up with the other bargain titles. No go on the other stuff.
LBP and GT rang up $39.99. Thanks for the heads up though.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']PSP games should be playable on any system -- they aren't region locked.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are region free, but if you're planning on trading them in later, most places won't take Canadian version games because the UPC is different. Just a warning for anyone hoping to flip.

Saw LBP and GT behind glass however when checking price they came up $39.99 while walking out I saw a green bin that had 1 LBP, 2 GT and 2 Secret Agent Clank all marked $9.99 with different SKU stickers. Thanks for the heads up OP. Was able to finish my Christmas shopping. This was in Sac.

I went to one in Riverside and there weren't any in the green box nor any behind the glass. Decided to hit up another location, also in Riverside, and found one copy of GT tagged with 9.99 and one copy of LBP tagged with 9.99. I asked the girl if they would sell me another copy of LBP for 9.99 as the other two weren't tagged and she said that since they are the same title she sees no problem with doing a price override if it doesn't ring up properly. Score. They still had NBA 10 for 9.99 and I passed on that.

Just picked up Grand Turismo, secret agent clank, and LBP. all for 9.99.
They were not in a bin. Just on a shelf next to the case. Lakewood, Wa.

[quote name='tylerp76']Just picked up Grand Turismo, secret agent clank, and LBP. all for 9.99.
They were not in a bin. Just on a shelf next to the case. Lakewood, Wa.[/QUOTE]

Same here in my state, no bin, just a shelf next to the case.

Picked up LBP. They had GT and SAC too.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']No go for any of the games at 3 Kmart's here in the Torrance area. If any one has any luck finding LittleBigPlanet near here can you let me know.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I guess we must check out your local kmart later again next week :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Same here. I guess we must check out your local kmart later again next week :)[/QUOTE]

Hopefully next week they will have it. If I do find any I'll be sure to yet you know.

In case no one has mentioned it yet (I'm too lazy to sift through seven pages to check), the versions of LBP, GT, and NBA that are $9.99 are CANADIAN VERSIONS ONLY. The US ones in the case will ring up full price and the employees will not price match them to the bargain bin versions due to the fact that the covers/backcovers have both French and English on them as opposed to the English-only US version.

So to re-iterate, these are the Canadian versions that are on sale.

Don't bother price checking the ones in the case.

[quote name='Doomstink']In case no one has mentioned it yet (I'm too lazy to sift through seven pages to check), the versions of LBP, GT, and NBA that are $9.99 are CANADIAN VERSIONS ONLY. The US ones in the case will ring up full price and the employees will not price match them to the bargain bin versions due to the fact that the covers/backcovers have both French and English on them as opposed to the English-only US version.

So to re-iterate, these are the Canadian versions that are on sale.

Don't bother price checking the ones in the case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just noticed that while looking at my copy of Gran Turismo. What the hell is Canadian versions doing in stores in the U.S. though? Never seen it before till now.

Checked two KMarts in Pittsburgh (Bridgeville and Moon), Bridgeville had no discount PSP games, Moon just had some Ape game and Hot Shots golf.

bread's done
Back