LBP, Gran Turismo, NBA The Inside 10 (PSP) $10 at KMART YMMV

aleraiders

CAGiversary!
READ FIRST - regular games in the glass cases scan at full price (you need the generic upc/sticker on the back) people have posted price matching at another KMART, US only version, so good luck see pics below

ALSO NOTE - i was looking threw the games and saw that these games are translated in english and french but, there are still in region 1, so they should be playable, thats why there $9.99

i was told that PSP games are all playable, no matter what region, u can play japanese games on a US psp (vice versa)

People have reported seen these older games for $9.99

the con
hot shots golf
Loco Roco 2
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Secret Agent Clank
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
and other older titles

NEW TITLES

LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo
NBA THE Inside 10

as i dug more in the pile i kept finding newer and newer games

update - people have been reporting finding these deals across the country, but on the other note no dice for some, so its definently YMMV, or the pricing team hasnt got around to pricing these games yet

update #2 - KMART restocks these "9.99" games, so keep checking up in the electronics dept

- most people find them in green carboard clearance bins (some on a clearance shelf)
- the have a green sticker stating "9.99"
- on the back theres a generic upc/sticker covering the original upc

see pics (see below)

[quote name='j_mccarty5']store manager told me the games are special promo items sent to stores, hence the special upc stickers. once they are gone, they're gone. good luck! I was only able to get LBP. Awesome deal, so thanks to the OP.[/QUOTE]

im guessing the original upc will scan at full price, this is too good of a deal for other KMART's to match others stores prices, if u get a down to earth employee who cares about customer service maybe, but since these versions are english/french, they may or may not notice the difference

[quote name='neudog']Started this TL for those CAG's unable to score any at their K-Marts: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6621003#post6621003[/QUOTE]

please note, im not KMART shopper, my wife had to use the restroom and KMART was right there, lots of people and long lines, so this was shear luck, but i soon will start stalking KMART

[IMG-L=5806]10537[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10544[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=5806]10543[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10542[/IMG-C]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Masterkyo']SingStar Bundle with Mic (PS3) $15, SingStar 2 Bundle with Mic (PS3) $15. Rune Factory 2 (DS) $15, Secret Agent Clank (PSP) $10. PS2 Bundle (World Heroes Anthology, Raw Danger, and XXX XXX ) $10[/QUOTE]

i also saw singstar bundles with mic for 15 for theps3 but since i got them cheaper last summer at TRU didnt need them..

also saw

Harvest moon island of happiness and CUTE for the ds at 15 each

I run electronics at a K-mart in Southeast Ohio. We have these green bins. There's games and game bundles from $4.99 to $29.99 for all systems. Looks like the OP got lucky and hit the bins befores they were mostly raided.

On a side note, there were a few games added to the $19.99 price range chainwide yesterday:

Riddick (PS3/360), Terminator Salvation (PS3/360), and FEAR 2 (PS3/360).

[quote name='fenixide']You bought a $10 (+tax) game to flip it for a few measly dollars? Ugh...[/QUOTE]

No, used the 30% coupon for 2 copies of GT of course. ARGH!

Got a copy of LBP and GT at the Marshall, MI store. There was one copy of LBP left, 3 copies of GT, and there was a copy of NBA, Castlevania-? for $15 if anyone would be interested in going there.

[quote name='aleraiders']
and whats this about getting an established name right?[/QUOTE]

It's Gran Turismo, not Grand Turismo. Great deal spotted though. Thanks!

It may be a fluke, but the Pasadena MD store's only copy of LBP was missing the disc. I noticed right away when I got to the car.

Luckily the store swapped it for a $39.99 copy at no added cost. The two copies both had the same barcode SKU.

This whole deal may have been the result of prior theft. But if any of you bought copies as presents you might want to check them.

Sorry if anyone mentioned this problem already. I am riding shotgun in the car right now and have not read the full thread.

Tony

[quote name='biggs']It may be a fluke, but the Pasadena MD store's only copy of LBP was missing the disc. I noticed right away when I got to the car.
[/QUOTE]

Was this in the original factory shrink wrap or does it look like it has been rewrapped?

Just hit one of my local Kmarts here in Northeast Tenn. and didnt have LBP at all and 1 copy of GT at normal price....... only PSP green tagged game was Secret Agent Clank ...... They didnt even have a green bin at all.

Might try the other 2 Kmarts later if i can get time

[quote name='FactionG']No, used the 30% coupon for 2 copies of GT of course. ARGH![/QUOTE]

where did u get this 30% coupon??????? and how can we get it??????

My wife and I were just talking and she said that when she opened the shrink wrap she thinks it was already slit somewhat. She said it opened really easy. So I would write it off as a fluke.

The good thing that came out of it is that we now know you can return the discounted version for the full price version if you have a problem with it. The games are probably the same. But the boxes are clearly different. One thing I noticed is that the 39.99 copy had a two sided insert so that you could see graphics through the inside of the box. The cheaper one was plain.

Also, I forgot to post the other games I saw for $10 at that Pasadena MD KMart. I saw at least 3 copies of Gran Tourismo, and 1 Special Agent Clank. Also note that they were on the shelf with the cheap games, not in a bin. There was a bin but it contained mostly $20 PS3 games including Battlefield BC and Bioshock.

Tony

[quote name='aleraiders']my fault i thought u ment a KMART coupon....nice!

edit - so you almost got $20 TIV at GS with that coupon??[/QUOTE]

Yep. Thanks for the tip about the deal! :D

[quote name='biggs']My wife and I were just talking and she said that when she opened the shrink wrap she thinks it was already slit somewhat. She said it opened really easy. So I would write it off as a fluke.

The good thing that came out of it is that we now know you can return the discounted version for the full price version if you have a problem with it. The games are probably the same. But the boxes are clearly different. One thing I noticed is that the 39.99 copy had a two sided insert so that you could see graphics through the inside of the box. The cheaper one was plain.

Also, I forgot to post the other games I saw for $10 at that Pasadena MD KMart. I saw at least 3 copies of Gran Tourismo, and 1 Special Agent Clank. Also note that they were on the shelf with the cheap games, not in a bin. There was a bin but it contained mostly $20 PS3 games including Battlefield BC and Bioshock.

Tony[/QUOTE]

Pretty sad that someone didn't want to pay $9.99 for Little Big Planet and stole it. fucking pathetic actually.

just drove 80 minutes round trip to the last kmart in the area and walked away with 2 copies of GT....now to trade in one copy with edge and the 30% coupon!

Big thanks to the OP for this thread! For you guys in Indy, I got GT, NBA, and Secret Agent Clank at the store on Pendleton Pike. There was at least one other copy of GT and SAC there when I left this morning. I got LBP at the store on Washington St. - last copy that I saw. At this store they had several copies of GT and SAC, though.

Drove to Kmart, climbed over a mountain of slow walking elders, dodged a wave of hillbillies shopping in their sleep-attire, and walked out empty handed.

Still, thanks OP for the heads up!

Wow! I need to make a trip to K-Mart! Maybe I'll get lucky. I rarely look at the handheld stuff, but my K-Mart did have 2 of the PS3 Singstar bundles for $15 the other day so maybe they'll have some of those PSP games too.. I can hope!

Thanks OP!

Picked up LBP, GT & Jak And Daxter: TLF! One of each, 9.99 as stated... Thank YOU! Stocking stuffers, as I had them all already in my collection. There were at least several of each left in the Spfd., MO (Campbell) store, J&D:TLF had about 3-4 left in the top left side of the bin. Also saw a Ridge Racer PSP with the green sticker, doubt it's still there as a kid was begging his mom for it.

Thanks again OP!

Nothing but old crap in my store's bin.

I really wanted LBP...Jak & Daxter would be nice too. My apologies if I shouldn't post this here, but if anyone can get me those games for cost + shipping + a little bonus, please PM me.

Went to 3 Kmarts in the central & south Willamette valley in Oregon and they had no LBP nor GT at all. What a waste of time :(

i wonder how many gamestops will shoot people down saying these are not the usa verisons

i dont know to keep the GT i got or toss it to someone here... rented it off gamefly and really didnt care for it but really didnt give it a chance... might pop it open tonight or tomorrow and then go from there (it would be opened if i did toss it here)

[quote name='slidecage']i wonder how many gamestops will shoot people down saying these are not the usa verisons

i dont know to keep the GT i got or toss it to someone here... rented it off gamefly and really didnt care for it but really didnt give it a chance... might pop it open tonight or tomorrow and then go from there (it would be opened if i did toss it here)[/QUOTE]

I just opened the games and took out the cover art so there would be no problem and traded in game, case, and manual

Just got back from my Madisonville, Ky location. Holy hell was the place packed!

Either others have gotten to it first or they where picked clean, but I go a copy Gran Turismo and Secret Agent Clank. No copies at all of LBP unfortunantly :(. If you happen to be in the area or checking it out, you'll need to dig through the bargain bin "shelf" to the left of the actual game case.

BTW there was around 3 copies each of those games left, so if you're close and want to snag one best of luck.

Thanks again for sharing OP!

BTW, with this being a multi-language version, GT should work fine over Adhoc Party right?

Confirmed - picked up LBP and GT at the Kmart on Alexis road in Toledo Ohio =D They had a beat up blue cardboard bin, spent about 5 min digging and digging and scored both copies $9.99

[quote name='DrMunkee']Drove to Kmart, climbed over a mountain of slow walking elders, dodged a wave of hillbillies shopping in their sleep-attire, and walked out empty handed.

Still, thanks OP for the heads up![/QUOTE]

the hillbilly part made me laugh

[quote name='mmercer13']Preston181 where are you located in SE Ohio, I'm in Zanesville.[/QUOTE]

Zanesville. Small world. I'm the electronics dept manager for south store.

Went to 3 kmarts and only saw rachet for $9.99 --- looks like someone was already there before me because the LBPs in the locked case were all flipped around like someone was trying to look at the barcode.

Well, I was about to post this morning about the epic failure I had in trying to find these games.

In particular I wanted to get LBP because that is one of the very few games I can actually give my 7 year-old as a surprise for Christmas. Thanks to my cheapass ways we usually have way more games than we can ever play so to the kids getting games for presents is like when I was a kid and I got clothes ;). However, with LBP for the PSP being new and not being on sale anywhere yet, I had told my son it would be a while before I got it. He loves the PS3 version of course and we don't usually play the PSP. I have a launch system and haven't turned it on in months. So what I can do now is give him my PSP + LBP and a total surprise present, and then use my Amazon $30 off code to get myself a new PSP-3000. Perfect!

Anyway, I went yesterday afternoon to the store I thought most likely to have stuff left as I have had luck getting clearance stuff there in the past. Well, this was an interesting look into the psychology of "bargain" shopping. They had the big green bin right in the front of the Electronics section and three people were loading their arms up with games like it was a $2 clearance or something. The thing is, all the games they were grabbing were just normal $19.99 stuff for the most part (De Blob, Fracture, etc). But man, was that an effective little ploy this store pulled. They had basically dumped ALL of their $19.99 and under games into that bin and people were biting on the same stuff that has been sitting ignored in their case for months. Needless to say, had there been anything good in there like $10 LBP, it would have been snagged long ago. There was some evidence it was there as I did find the green-tag Secret Agent Clank and Hot Shots Golf Open Tee amongst the debris.

Then I decided to try a second Kmart and they had a much smaller selection in the green bin. In this case it was a bunch of mostly 360 games that were all green-tagged (generic UPC, etc) with not a good deal to be found. I asked if they had any PSP games in there and they said they never had any. Not sure I believe that, but oh well.

So I had pretty much given up figuring the 1 or 2 copies each store might have had were long gone. Then today the kids' cousin had a birthday party at a gym and it happened to be pretty close to a third Kmart. I figured I'd give it a shot and I'm glad I did.

This store did NOT have the bargain bin and instead had the green-tag PSP games mixed in with the rest of the cheap games in the normal aisle next to the game cases. This lack of an eye-catching green bargain bin made all the difference. I was able to get LBP, GT, and NBA 10! They only had one of each, so I'm not sure they ever had more. They were nicely hidden among all the old sports games and things like Viva Pinata, etc.

So, anyway, make sure you check their regular "cheap game" section as it is usually a couple of shelves of games that are not locked up like the more expensive stuff. I'm wondering now if I might have missed them at the second store though I did take a quick glance at their loose game section and didn't see any of the PSP titles (but I didn't look behind things as I had my 2 year-old running off to look at Christmas stuff ;)).

Scored LBP and Gran Turismo at the Salem, OR K-Mart. I got the last LBP but they had two more GT's. They also had Secret Agent Clank and The Con. Thanks OP.

Went to 3 K-Marts here in St. Louis.

Fenton - About a mile from my house, had nothing just because it's a trash heap. Literally. One of the worst retail stores I've seen. Always messy.
Ballwin - It was a Big Kmart and had the best selection of the 3. Saw lots of 2 packs for PS3 and 360, they had 2 GT, so i got one of the games I wanted, plus a great gift for one of my friends.
South County - Heavily shopped K-Mart, had very little left.

Unfortunatly, did not get LBP, which I really wanted. :( But GT is pretty fun.

n e one get lucky in chicago-n saw some left---maybe i can borrow my sis car n try to pick up a copy of lbp or gt..

[quote name='io']....So I had pretty much given up figuring the 1 or 2 copies each store might have had were long gone. Then today the kids' cousin had a birthday party at a gym and it happened to be pretty close to a third Kmart. I figured I'd give it a shot and I'm glad I did.

This store did NOT have the bargain bin and instead had the green-tag PSP games mixed in with the rest of the cheap games in the normal aisle next to the game cases. This lack of an eye-catching green bargain bin made all the difference. I was able to get LBP, GT, and NBA 10! They only had one of each, so I'm not sure they ever had more. They were nicely hidden among all the old sports games and things like Viva Pinata, etc....;)).[/QUOTE]

how come (well for me anyways) when i have no business being at KMART (or anywhere) i find a deal, my wife had to use the bathroom so i strolled threw the electronics dept and looked threw the green bin, (being a CAG down to the bone) i looked threw the bargin bin, not once, not twice, 3 times, i cant believe i missed these games twice, the third time around my mind finally clicked and said "wait a minute, LBP?....GT?....NBA? wtf!!!???", i always get the feeling while waiting in line, like im stealing or robbing the store, my wife finally told me after "i didnt have to go that bad" so mayb it was ment to be....

[quote name='youenvy']n e one get lucky in chicago-n saw some left---maybe i can borrow my sis car n try to pick up a copy of lbp or gt..[/QUOTE]

I scored a single GT at the store on Ashland near Lincoln Park. No LBP there or at any other Chicago area store.

No luck in Denver.

Has anyone found any of these at Sears Essentials stores? Looking for LBP for DS.

DS= Darling Son, green, but not quite that green

Last edited by a moderator:
Westmont, IL: I got the last GT. It has English and French writing on the cover and back.
I wanted an english only version and it rang up as $39.99 and they wouldn't sell it for $9.99.

They also had Secret Agent Clank for 9.99.

No other PSP games were 9.99.

[quote name='readyalready']No luck in Denver.

Looking for LBP for DS.[/QUOTE]

You're going to be looking for a long time then.

[quote name='readyalready']No luck in Denver.

Has anyone found any of these at Sears Essentials stores? Looking for LBP for DS.[/QUOTE]

LBP is a sony exclusive

bread's done
Back