Lead and Gold 10% off on Steam + Beta access

I picked it up earlier and played a couple of online matches. For $13.50, it's pretty good if you're into team-based multiplayer and you're looking for a break from TF2. I can see myself playing quite a bit more of this.

Also, it looks like the developers are posting over in the Steam forum, answering questions regarding the beta. I always like to see developers interact with their customers and fans.

I'm interested in this, especially the beta, but not for the PC. I want to play it on the PS3 so I can play it with friends.

I guess I will have to wait, but the beta access would be awesome.

[quote name='tominater12']Man come on steam come to mac faster already.[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with this game? There is no Mac version of this game planned.

Does it have any sort of leveling/unlock system? That's all that keeps me playing online shooters anymore...but it doesn't look to have that. I guess you can't ask for that much in a $15 shooter.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Does it have any sort of leveling/unlock system? That's all that keeps me playing online shooters anymore...but it doesn't look to have that. I guess you can't ask for that much in a $15 shooter.[/QUOTE]

At about 1:30 in the trailer it flashed 'Level Reached' right before it cut out. I'm pretty sure it does.

Heard some things about lag, crashing, and no dedicated servers. Gonna wait for more impressions.

[quote name='tominater12']Man come on steam come to mac faster already.[/QUOTE]
Man, come on Mac users, get a real OS already. ...Also, why is that complaint directed at Steam?

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Does it have any sort of leveling/unlock system? That's all that keeps me playing online shooters anymore...but it doesn't look to have that. I guess you can't ask for that much in a $15 shooter.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']At about 1:30 in the trailer it flashed 'Level Reached' right before it cut out. I'm pretty sure it does.[/QUOTE]

It does have a leveling/XP system, but it's per-match, not persistent.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Heard some things about lag, crashing, and no dedicated servers. Gonna wait for more impressions.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps you don't understand what "beta" means.

The final game will include graphics options, plenty of fixes and improvements, and while there won't be a dedicated server application available at launch (one will come at some point post-launch), it still uses player-hosted matches, and includes a full server browser and all that sort of thing.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Perhaps you don't understand what "beta" means.

The final game will include graphics options, plenty of fixes and improvements, and while there won't be a dedicated server application available at launch (one will come at some point post-launch), it still uses player-hosted matches, and includes a full server browser and all that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]
Well I certainly hope the final game will have improvements, but beta or not, I'm not interested in paying (early) to play something that crashes and lags, which is why I'm waiting on impressions and/or the final release.

Also, source on final game including graphics options?

[quote name='Unrealevil']Heard some things about lag, crashing, and no dedicated servers. Gonna wait for more impressions.

Man, come on Mac users, get a real OS already. ...Also, why is that complaint directed at Steam?[/QUOTE]
Steam is coming to mac in April and this is a real os just a little under supported.

[quote name='tominater12']Steam is coming to mac in April and this is a real os just a little under supported.[/QUOTE]

Steam is coming to Mac, but that doesn't mean that all the games on Steam are. They'll only be selling games that have native Mac versions.

This particular game isn't on Mac, so I don't see why you came in here to say "Man come on steam come to mac faster already," because that won't have any relevance or bearing on this game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Go to the game's official forums and look at the developer's response to such questions. I'm not going to do it for you.[/QUOTE]
I've already been there, that's why I'm asking the person who brought it up.

[quote name='Unrealevil']What the hell is your problem? I didn't even know that forum was there because I didn't have an account.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, next time just listen to me, I don't make up factual stuff about games. :

I bought it, and it's a lot of fun. It's intense and relaxing at the same time.

Plants vs zombies is to RTS as Lead and Gold is to Uncharted 2 Multiplayer/A Third Person TF2

[quote name='whats_the_word']Love TPS but IDK if I want this on steam or PSN...
Steam doesn't have release date??[/QUOTE]

It's unknown but it will release at the same time as the PSN one (From what I hear)

[quote name='whats_the_word']Love TPS but IDK if I want this on steam or PSN...
Steam doesn't have release date??[/QUOTE]

It launches on PC on April 8th.

[quote name='whats_the_word']Love TPS but IDK if I want this on steam or PSN...[/QUOTE]

Steam. It's almost guaranteed it will have a bigger player base.

[quote name='Unrealevil']What the hell is your problem? I didn't even know that forum was there because I didn't have an account.[/QUOTE]

Lol you guys are funny. Coffee man seems to be in a bad mood.

[quote name='basis']anyone knows how servers will be handled and what is the max capacity per server?[/QUOTE]
No dedicated servers yet and right now its only 5v5.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']No dedicated servers yet and right now its only 5v5.[/quote]
Thanks!

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It launches on PC on April 8th.[/QUOTE]

sorry but where did u guys get this information? i've been searching the Steam site as well as the official forums but can't seem to find it.

[quote name='basis']Thanks!

sorry but where did u guys get this information? i've been searching the Steam site as well as the official forums but can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]

This Giant Bomb article says April 8th.

[quote name='basis']Thanks!

sorry but where did u guys get this information? i've been searching the Steam site as well as the official forums but can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]
Its on the official forums.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I played a bit today and it did have some spikes of lag, but I think it could be pretty fun.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']No dedicated servers yet and right now its only 5v5.[/QUOTE]

Note that dedicated servers are coming, either by launch, or shortly thereafter. And you can still run your own games, with whatever settings you want.

Thought I'd give a mini beta review, I just bought the game and played it for an hour or so.

Aesthetically - Really good looking game with solid animations. Lack of visual options and Anti-Aliasing kinda blows but the game looks fine as is. Depth of field makes up for AA though so that jaggies aren't as noticeable. The game does lack voice acting though so aside from a few from some grunts and yells, there's not much else. Nothing spectacular as far as music and ambient sounds either.

Gameplay - With the current P2P system lag is pretty bad but they've said time and again dedicated servers are coming so I'm not worried. The game controls very well though, movement feels tight running and jumping across rooftops and guns feel accurate but not too accurate. Each of the classes feels very diverse. Though with any class based game, it needs a lot of balancing. I can't tell if it's just the lag or the class itself but sniping feels like a mess. The other 3 classes have their uses but I found the majority of players playing the all around character, 'The Deputy' because of his accurate but suitable for close range carbine.

In the end I'd say if you're jonesing for a new shooter and have a few bucks laying around you'll probably find it's worth it. But unless the developers are very dedicated in adding new content (Train map please!) and fixing and balancing what we have, the game won't have a great shelf life. I'm glad I bought it though.

Ah fuck it, I bought it. It looks too cool despite all the problems people are talking about, plus the developers seem to be on top of things.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Sorry, next time just listen to me, I don't make up factual stuff about games. :

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Developers seem really in touch with their community, I see this game going places.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely interested as this looks to be a simple and fun shooter and it's good to hear that they're listening to the community and that they'll (hopefully) be supporting this title for a while. $13.50 seems like a pretty good price to pay. Normally, I'd probably wait for a $5 sale, but I don't mind paying closer to the full price ($15 in this case), for a developer that actively shows that they care about their community.

I bought it a couple days ago, it's worth it. ALOT of fun. If any of you are still hesitating I say to just go for it. You can always preorder, and if you don't like it after playing the beta you can get a refund. Also please spread the word about this game. It has the potential to be a popular game.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']I'm still debating this. Free bump, I guess.[/QUOTE]
Depending on your level of interest, I'd say to wait until the final release, or at least until the crashing and lagging is fixed.

Edit: Just realized the game's initials are LaG. I lol'd.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JUDOHAWK']You can always preorder, and if you don't like it after playing the beta you can get a refund. Also please spread the word about this game. It has the potential to be a popular game.[/QUOTE]
Pulling this out of your ass, or is that fo-rizzle? Didn't think Steam would let you do something like that.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Pulling this out of your ass, or is that fo-rizzle? Didn't think Steam would let you do something like that.[/QUOTE]
Steam will give you a refund on preorders.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Steam will give you a refund on preorders.[/QUOTE]
That's amazing news. Had no idea. I'll definitely give this a shot then.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']That's amazing news. Had no idea. I'll definitely give this a shot then.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure to get the refund before the game releases.

bread's done
Back