League of Legends Collectors Edition 19.99 original 39.99

JaNaaasty

CAG Veteran
Just got the League of Legends Collectors Edition for 19.99 and its original is 39.99 on Amazon.com
I got it from Target. Las Vegas, Nevada

The Collector's Edition

Comes with:

$10 of Riot Points

1380 total Riot Points

4 Summoner Runes

Greater Mark of Malice (Improves your critical chance) - 410 IP

Greater Seal of Vitality (Increases your health per level ) - 410 IP

Greater Glyph of Knowledge (Increases your mana per level) - 410 IP

Greater Quintessence of Revival (Decreases your Death Timer) - 1025 IP

20 Unlocked Champions

Alistar - 585 RP/1350 IP
Amumu - 585 RP/1350 IP
Annie - 260 RP/450 IP
Cho'gath - 292 RP/1350 IP
Evelynn - 585 RP/1350 IP
FiddleSticks -585 RP/1350 IP
Janna - 585 RP/1350 IP
Kayle - 260 RP/450 IP
Malphite - 585 RP/1350 IP
Morgana - 585 RP/1350 IP
Nasus - 585 RP/1350 IP
Rammus - 975 RP/3150 IP
Ryze - 260 RP/450 IP
Sivir - 260 RP/450 IP
Teemo - 585 RP/3150 IP
Tristana - 585 RP/1350 IP
Tryndamere - 585 RP/1350 IP
Veigar - 585 RP/1350 IP
Warwick - 585 RP/3150 IP
Zilean - 585 RP/1350 IP

Total: 10497 Riot Points / 28,800 IP = 288 wins

Champion Skin
limited skin Silver Kayle

Okay well IP(Influence Points) is ingame currency that you earn while playing. You get about 100+ IP if you win but you only get around 12 IP when you lose. So to get 28800 you need to win around 288 wins. Lets say you win half lose half your going to have to play at least 550 games to get what you get in this collectors edition.

Here are League of Legends Riot Points prices!

USD / Riot Points
$5 = 650 RP
$10 = 1,380 RP
$20 = 2,800 RP
$35 = 5,000 RP
$50 = 7,200

Your are getting 10,497 worth of Riot Points for $19.99 =]

League of Legends is Free to Play :
And basically League of Legends works like this for new players. Every week I think 7 or more random heroes are pick so that players are allowed to use them. But you do not keep those players unless you buy them and a new 7 random picks will again be made next week. But if you play you get IP (Influence Points) and you can buy anything with that too just need to play quite a few games. A new player wouldn't really need this unless you plan on playing the game a lot and want to keep heroes that you want to play all the time.

Feel free to add me in game. My IGN: JaNaaasty
And if you're looking for guides from gamers for any champions , check out: http://www.mobafire.com, http://www.leaguecraft.com and http://www.solomid.net

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IronSerif']Well, it looks like my mind has been made up for me. My wife went back to Target to get new curtains and ended up getting this game for me while she was there lol!

I just finished my first 5v5 co-op vs AI and it took about 50 minutes. Hopefully as I get better I can get that time down a bit. But man this was a lot of fun.

Edit: There goes my saturday night lol![/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember when I first started the games would each suck about an hour out of my life. eventually it'll go down from that 50 to 35 to about 20 in 2 big jumps. It can be shorter but you generally want it to be as long as possible without being a time sink.

The game is fairly noob friendly at early levels, competitive play doesn't start until you hit level 30. It's also very fun to play with your friends against other teams.

[quote name='immanewb']And if you're looking for guides from gamers for any champions , check out: http://www.mobafire.com

Guides' length varies, but the top rated ones usually will give you a great idea of how to play the champions (each champion has a role they serve best; some may have multiple!) and the best items suited for your champions. Of course, you can forgo all of this if you like to experiment and like to do trial-and-error. =)[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'm going to have to add this to post!

[quote name='gunstar808']Well I'm gonna go check my Target to see if there are any copies left. But if any of you guys know you have copies nearby, might be cool if you grabbed an extra copy or 2 - hook up your fellow CAGs. Since its just a code, you can trade it via paypal gift - no fees involved.[/QUOTE]

I would appreciate it if someone could pick me up one if they find an extra, and I'd gladly paypal them for the code, thanks if anyone helps a fellow CAG out.

[quote name='JaNaaasty']Thanks I'm going to have to add this to post![/QUOTE]

www.leaguecraft.com and www.solomid.net also have guides. I prefer these two sites since most of Mobafire's are more offensive than I like.

With SoloMID, they have guides by high-ranked players. They are good but don't always translate well into the non-competitive (ie normal) games.

[quote name='icedrake523']www.leaguecraft.com and www.solomid.net also have guides. I prefer these two sites since most of Mobafire's are more offensive than I like.

With SoloMID, they have guides by high-ranked players. They are good but don't always translate well into the non-competitive (ie normal) games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks added!

The game isn't only 19.99 at Target. Its the same price at every store. Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon. Seems like everybody is trying to only get them at Target.

In case any of you are on the fence:

I played this game for 12 hrs straight today, without break for food.

I have around 2,000 games played with an average length of 30 minutes or so. Do the math. It's reached near-WoW levels of crippling addiction.

The only money I've ever spent is the $20 on this and I own all necessary content (characters and runes).

EDIT: Anyone who is new to this game, may I strongly recommend the following:

There is a subreddit on reddit.com for LoL (reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends) as well as an accompanying in game chat channel. Hundreds of people there, with VOIP willing to help you learn!

Use solomid.net for guides and general help, ignore the official forums.

Watch Guardsman Bob or another lower level informative streamer to get some basic tips. Own3d.tv has tons of great streamers, but most simply play silently (which won't teach new players much).

This game is difficult to learn at first simply due to the sheer volume of characters and abilities. But you will be surprised how fast you acclimate! Make friends and the experience will improve significantly, the first dozen or so games can be painful alone.

Yeah - if anyone's target has more than 1 copy I would gladly pay for one. My local target didn't have any in stock and the next nearest one is about 20-30 miles away.

LOL found a CE of LoL at Target however it was opened, and the inside paper I guess where the key was was stolen so I gave it to the electronics clerk and she checked for additional stock, however no more =( oh well, I should continue playing SC2 instead.

[quote name='aznguyen316']LOL found a CE of LoL at Target however it was opened, and the inside paper I guess where the key was was stolen so I gave it to the electronics clerk and she checked for additional stock, however no more =( oh well, I should continue playing SC2 instead.[/QUOTE]

.. or you could play the game for free..? :roll: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

Most of the heroes listed are either 450 IP or 1350 IP. A few game will net you a few hundred IP already. Plus, there's always the ten free champions available each week for you to try. The only thing that's really worth it from that pack is the $10 worth of Riot points and a champion skin.

And @OP: Annie is 450 IP now, and Cho'Gath is 1350. You list may be a bit outdated. :bouncy:

[quote name='immanewb'].. or you could play the game for free..? :roll: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

Most of the heroes listed are either 450 IP or 1350 IP. A few game will net you a few hundred IP already. Plus, there's always the ten free champions available each week for you to try. The only thing that's really worth it from that pack is the $10 worth of Riot points and a champion skin.

And @OP: Annie is 450 IP now, and Cho'Gath is 1350. You list may be a bit outdated. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah but for $20 to unlock half of them and get some other bonuses saves a lot of time and frustration. If I could nab a copy I definitely would.

We have a LOL thread in the PC section

feel free to add me in game: FlipprDolphin

Need advice, tips, anything, post if in the thread

:)

This thread is funny. I check this game every time I'm at Target to see if it's clearanced. I've been playing like five months, and I think it's great.

[quote name='immanewb'].. or you could play the game for free..? :roll: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/

And @OP: Annie is 450 IP now, and Cho'Gath is 1350. You list may be a bit outdated. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried playing it for free, it was okay, no need to roll your eyes. I just wanted to get in on the deal just to have it and if I felt like the game was worth those other extras then I'd have it to redeem. It was more a way to push me to continue playing it knowing I'd have "extras".

If you can find a pack, I know Best Buy's still sell them. I actually recommend the pack to new players.

Sure the 20 champs are cheap nowadays, but in reality have 20 always there champs is very nice for a new player. The 20 champs represents the many types of champs in the game and well it is a good start for a person wanting to learn all the roles of the game.

my suggestion is not to buy it. this game has me glued on my pc every night with my friends. too much lost sleep and my backlog never shrinks!

[quote name='Dogmeat26']my suggestion is not to buy it. this game has me glued on my pc every night with my friends. too much lost sleep and my backlog never shrinks![/QUOTE]

The problem is that it's free...I didn't buy the Collector's Edition (though I am looking for it) and I still play this all the time.

Tried a nearby WalMart and Gamestop last night, no copies there. Went to Target this morning, which had 5 copies, all of which appeared to be tampered with. Asked a nearby associate to grab and check them for me; He found one that looked like it was still sealed. I offered to buy it if I could open it afterwards at the counter and return it if the codes were missing, but he said I would likely not be able to return it opened, even if I hadn't left the store with it. :roll:

He opened it for me before I paid, everything seemed to be in there. It was the package with the $10 code card, collector's code, map, and manual. Great associate, terrible anti-theft practices.

Thanks I fix it now. Looks like League of Legends wiki is outdated haha.

I checked my local Best buy today and no luck finding one.

If anyone finds an extra one and wouldn't mind picking it up so I can paypal them for just the code from it (no shipping involved!!) I'd appreciate it.

Any chance this is still around?

Checked local Walmart, Target, and Best Buy this weekend. Nothing.

Just started the game last week so a bundle of champs would be nice, for way less than the $35 or so you'd have to spend on the site for the collector's edition.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what that's all about. It's dropped off of Target's website and Amazon no longer carries it. But you can still find it in stores. Perhaps its production run ended?

I mean, they do sell its contents in-game for quite a bit more. And theft appears to be a large issue with them.

Riot has probably stopped shipping it to stores since it was to cheap for what you got.

If you don't get it, you're not missing much. The runes aren't that useful and most of the champions are old and no longer viable. A lot of them have had their in-game currency (IP) price drop as well.

bread's done
Back