LED or LCD HD Monitor

Rollett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So i have my choices narrowed down a LED LG monitor with a res of 1680x1050 or a LG monitor with 1920x1080 (i think i got that right) the LED is 199.99 (Sale price) and the HD LCD is 229.99 both are 22-23inches .... opinions what should i bite on ? My Samsung 206BW is having fits...

considering the information you provided I would go with the one that is 1920 x 1080. It's always best to buy monitors in store so you can see what the picture looks like though.

I have seen the HD LCD in Bestbuy looks nice short the low quality crap the run on it in the stores. Just sadl my little sammy is dieing honestly... lol LED's i was just thinking that one because of my laptops LED crystal clear and very nice looking.

LED screens are very nice, but why isnt it 1080p?

i dunno, i would go with the LCD because of the resolution alone, very odd resolution for a desktop monitor.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']LED screens are very nice, but why isnt it 1080p?

i dunno, i would go with the LCD because of the resolution alone, very odd resolution for a desktop monitor.[/QUOTE]
Just about every monitor that you buy in the 20"-22" range will be 1680x1050. It's a standard 16:10 resolution for a desktop monitor.

Yeah, im just really stuck between the two... My Current LCD is like i said a Samsung 206BW but the screen is flickering, and the menu's have become garbled (its like they are off by a line or two)

So far its looking like the HD LCD.

[quote name='Rollett']Yeah, im just really stuck between the two... My Current LCD is like i said a Samsung 206BW but the screen is flickering, and the menu's have become garbled (its like they are off by a line or two)

So far its looking like the HD LCD.[/QUOTE]

I would check the video card before spending any money

[quote name='n25philly']I would check the video card before spending any money[/QUOTE]

I 2nd that notion.

If your video card can support that resolution I only have one question.

Will your games be playable?

[quote name='Gspoon']I 2nd that notion.

If your video card can support that resolution I only have one question.

Will your games be playable?[/QUOTE]

I was think more along the lines of the video card going bad. I has somewhat similar problems once, and it turned out that the fan came off the card at it overheated to the point where it was starting to die. Since he likes his current monitor it's best to make sure that there is really something wrong with it before replacing it.

Video Card is a 8800 from EVGA that i had replaced by them about a year ago, And as for the Video card messing things up, Could that actually mess up the monitors menu's ?

[quote name='Rollett']Video Card is a 8800 from EVGA that i had replaced by them about a year ago, And as for the Video card messing things up, Could that actually mess up the monitors menu's ?[/QUOTE]

No ... the monitors menus are programmed into the monitor itself. Replace it :D

[quote name='strikeratt']No ... the monitors menus are programmed into the monitor itself. Replace it :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what got me thinking my Sammy is having a issue... Im kinda favoring the LED to stick to the 1680x1050 screen size.. Grrr such hard choices..

This is a bad question to ask and it's entirely the manufacturer's fault for misleading people. BOTH are LCD panels actually. Only difference between an LED LCD and a regular LCD is the backlight. "Plain" LCDs use cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL) to produce the light and LED LCDs obviously use white LEDs as the light source (RGB LEDs are only found in really high end stuff).

So don't let the naming confuse you. An LED monitor or TV is not comprised of tiny LEDs for each pixel. It's still the same old LCD technology with just a different light source. Both CCFL and LED have their own advantages and drawbacks.

bread's done
Back