Led Zep to get a lifetime achievement grammy

Xevious

CAGiversary!
LED ZEPPELIN To Receive 'Lifetime Achievement' Grammy - Jan. 4, 2005

LED ZEPPELIN were among the 10 acts selected Tuesday (Jan. 4) to receive the Recording Academy's Lifetime Achievement Award.

"The Lifetime Achievement, Trustees and Technical Grammy Awards recognize music people who have made a lasting contribution to culture around the world," said Neil Portnow, President of The Recording Academy in a statement Tuesday.

"These profoundly inspiring figures are being honored as legendary performers and archetypal musicians, cultural ambassadors, and technical visionaries," Portnow added. "Their outstanding accomplishments and passion for their craft have created a timeless legacy that has positively affected multiple generations, and will continue to influence generations to come."

The Recording Academy's Lifetime Achievement awards will be handed out Feb. 12, one day before the 47th annual Grammy Awards are presented in Los Angeles.

Personally, I hate the Grammys. They should call it the Rappies because only hip hop acts get all the coverage and all the other forms of music gets pushed into the background. At least thats my interpertation.

Still, its good that Zep gets some award. They deserve it.

I'm not a fan of grammys either but its kickass that Zeppelin is getting an award. In celebration of this occasion I present a red snapper.

rsnaper.gif

[quote name='crazytalkx']I'm not a fan of grammys either but its kickass that Zeppelin is getting an award. In celebration of this occasion I present a red snapper.

rsnaper.gif
[/quote]

To those of you who have no clue what is being referenced here, just don't ask. You'd rather not know, trust me.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='crazytalkx']I'm not a fan of grammys either but its kickass that Zeppelin is getting an award. In celebration of this occasion I present a red snapper.

rsnaper.gif
[/quote]

To those of you who have no clue what is being referenced here, just don't ask. You'd rather not know, trust me.[/quote]
hmm..i have an idea of what you might mean.
The groupie incident?

Grammy's are shit...if the pop music culture was decent I would respect it, but seeing as its the latter then I dont...I cant stand the music industry as it has become...

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']EWWW! I think Gwar's song "Fish shaq-fu" sums it up.[/quote]

Pretty much. The story has become grossly blown out of proportion over the years; the true story is much tamer than current legend would have you believe. It makes it no less revolting though.

I could win a Grammy if I was 10 years younger and had some connections in the biz...

You know they don't accurately reflect excellence in music. If they did, Toto wouldn't have won four Grammys in 1982

bread's done
Back